The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton Uni - Anyone else whose not into constant clubbing and getting drunk?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Hatchet
Yeah sure, don't know the best times for people though. Any time this weekend might be a bit short notice, not sure how often people check the thread. If it is the Stags maybe Monday or Tuesday evening or whenever? I know it kinda sounds contradictory to have 'not into constant clubbing and drunk' meet at a pub but if anyone has any better ideas feel free to share.

I'd be happy with Monday or Tuesday evening.:smile:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
If drinking's not your thing, but you'd like to meet some new people, come along to a picnic society thing. I know, insane, freeezing, all that. But we meet inside sometimes. Admittedly sometimes that inside is a pub, but that's only a few of us drinking, if that normally and we'd absolutely love some more freshers to join. Or anyone, really, we like meeting new people :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by dungeonkeepr
If drinking's not your thing, but you'd like to meet some new people, come along to a picnic society thing. I know, insane, freeezing, all that. But we meet inside sometimes. Admittedly sometimes that inside is a pub, but that's only a few of us drinking, if that normally and we'd absolutely love some more freshers to join. Or anyone, really, we like meeting new people :smile:

Picnic soc? Sounds awesome. Definitely gonna give this a try with some of my flatmates.
Original post by fnm
Picnic soc? Sounds awesome. Definitely gonna give this a try with some of my flatmates.

hurray :biggrin: (find us on facebook, as far as I know, we're the only picnicsoc on facebook :biggrin: )

(I may, or may not be, on the committee :tongue: )
Original post by victoria_d
That's a shame about the waterpolo but I guess you can't help that if your timetable clashes. Learning spanish is cool though! :smile: I'm doing a languages degree and have taken up Portuguese this year as an accelerated course.. i wanted to do something extra in the evening but i decided one new language was enough. How's the spanish coming along? And what degree are you taking if you're spending your 3rd year abroad?

Not too badly, I hope! I'm doing European Legal Studies, which is essentially the same as a 3 year Law degree but it's just split so I spend my third year in Spain and do what would have been my 3rd and final year after I get back, in my fourth year.
Reply 65
Original post by Rascacielos
Ditto. I joined the waterpolo society but didn't stick to it because it clashed with my timetable. I do extracurricular Spanish classes on Avenue campus which is partly due to interest and partly due to spending my 3rd year in Spain.

I also like travelling :smile:

I also do extracurricular Spanish classes at Avenue campus, I'm doing the beginners course (1A I think) Thursdays 12-1pm. Presuming your doing a higher level if your spending time in Spain soon?
Original post by Hatchet
I also do extracurricular Spanish classes at Avenue campus, I'm doing the beginners course (1A I think) Thursdays 12-1pm. Presuming your doing a higher level if your spending time in Spain soon?

I'm doing 5A. At least, I was, but it has literally just been cancelled due to lack of interest, so will have to look elsewhere now. :rant:
Reply 67
Not too badly, I hope! I'm doing European Legal Studies, which is essentially the same as a 3 year Law degree but it's just split so I spend my third year in Spain and do what would have been my 3rd and final year after I get back, in my fourth year.

Like me then, I've got my 3rd year abroad too. Do you know where abouts you want to go? Is it for a work placement or are you wanting to do an erasmus exchange?
Like me then, I've got my 3rd year abroad too. Do you know where abouts you want to go? Is it for a work placement or are you wanting to do an erasmus exchange?

I think the Complutense de Madrid is the partner university for my course. And it's to study Spanish Law. I think it's part of Erasmus although I don't think I have to officially 'apply' for it because it's a separate course in itself to the conventional Law degree.
Reply 69
I think the Complutense de Madrid is the partner university for my course. And it's to study Spanish Law. I think it's part of Erasmus although I don't think I have to officially 'apply' for it because it's a separate course in itself to the conventional Law degree.

That sounds good. It'll definitely be an experience :smile: have you learnt spanish/ been to spain before? I'm going at Easter time interailing and am really excited, there seems to be so much to see!
Reply 70
Original post by Mill24
I'd be happy with Monday or Tuesday evening.:smile:

Hi, Tuesday evening should be fine for me. Though I'm not sure if their is still interest from other people (I'm not very good at organising anything generally, let alone on an internet forum :redface:)? So I guess we can gauge by whether or not there is a response as to whether anything might happen?
Reply 71
Original post by Hatchet
Hi, Tuesday evening should be fine for me. Though I'm not sure if their is still interest from other people (I'm not very good at organising anything generally, let alone on an internet forum :redface:)? So I guess we can gauge by whether or not there is a response as to whether anything might happen?

i'm still up for it. what time are we talking on tuesday??
Reply 72
i'm still up for it. what time are we talking on tuesday??

Stags opens round six so I guess around seven half seven?
Reply 73
Half seven is good for me.
Reply 74
Not around Tues, but hope you have a nice time!
Reply 75
Original post by Mill24
Half seven is good for me.

Glen Eyre Halls by any chance?
Reply 76
Original post by Hatchet
Glen Eyre Halls by any chance?

Nah Wessex Lane, where abouts are you?
Reply 77
Original post by Mill24
Nah Wessex Lane, where abouts are you?

Glen Halls, we can just meet up at Highfield then?
Reply 78
Half seven? Where?
Reply 79
We could meet at highfield exchange if that's more central then go on t'pub. Haft seven at the bus stop?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending