The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton Uni - Anyone else whose not into constant clubbing and getting drunk?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Mill24
We could meet at highfield exchange if that's more central then go on t'pub. Haft seven at the bus stop?

Yeah sure thats fine.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 81
I have someone staying with me atm but I'll bring them along too if that's ok :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by victoria_d
I have someone staying with me atm but I'll bring them along too if that's ok :smile:

Cool.
hey, I've got nothing to do with this post from what I've read :tongue: but i'm currently trying to choose between southampton and leeds for my first choice for spanish and portuguese and was wondering if you could help me.. both have pros and cons but the main thing worrying me about leeds is that people may generally be a bit too partyish if you know what I mean, i enjoy a nice pub/bar but not every night and not keen on clubbing.. i'd like a nice mix - cool places for a night out but also a relaxed atmosphere and laid back clubs/societies
What's it like at Southampton?
Reply 84
Original post by princess.leia
hey, I've got nothing to do with this post from what I've read :tongue: but i'm currently trying to choose between southampton and leeds for my first choice for spanish and portuguese and was wondering if you could help me.. both have pros and cons but the main thing worrying me about leeds is that people may generally be a bit too partyish if you know what I mean, i enjoy a nice pub/bar but not every night and not keen on clubbing.. i'd like a nice mix - cool places for a night out but also a relaxed atmosphere and laid back clubs/societies
What's it like at Southampton?

TBH I think that probably depends a lot on the people you're with and the friends you make. Southampton has plenty of options if you want to be out all night partying or just having a quieter night out (cinema / pub / bowling etc) or if you just want a quiet night at home.

I suspect a lot of Universities are the same but often the party aspect might be sold more as it's what a lot of people want.
I guess that's true, never thought of it that way.. though I find that hard to believe at Leeds :/ maybe that's just because they have more opportunity for the party side. Having a hard time choosing where I'd prefer to go!
Reply 86
Original post by princess.leia
I guess that's true, never thought of it that way.. though I find that hard to believe at Leeds :/ maybe that's just because they have more opportunity for the party side. Having a hard time choosing where I'd prefer to go!

There'll definitely be people not into clubbing and getting ridiculously drunk at every university, don't worry about it. Just be yourself and you'll automatically befriend sober people :smile: Never feel like you have to force yourself to go out just to fit in.
When I chose uni's I wish someone told me some small details, such as how long it takes to get from halls to campus - I like my lie ins. So don't forget the little things! :wink:
Thanks for the advice! t seems silly now that I was worried about that at first
I've decided on Southampton anywayy :biggrin:
& yes i cant wait till I don't have to get up at 6.30am to get into central london !
Reply 88
Original post by victoria_d

hmmmmm.sensing a mini party here.....so how did the evening go people???all the details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending