The Student Room Group

M3 Edexcel 27th January 2012 Discussion

just thought i would create a thread for m3 seeing as no one else has done, how's everybody's revision going?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm hoping someone posts model answers but it doesn't look likely :tongue:
Reply 2
nah it definitely doesnt, im certainly not going to as i have no way of getting the paper and also im not that good at m3 :s-smilie:
Reply 3
I am doing good at M2 but i am afraid that for M3 i will get like 60-70% which is low..
Anyone have the M3 Mock paper marking scheme ?
Reply 5
good luck for tomorrow everyone! and remember, dont post comments after the exam until 4:30am on saturday morning, as it is an international paper, therefore some people wont have taken it until this time!
Reply 6
Yeh I got 10 warning points last year :wink:

Good luck.
Reply 7
Im guessing this isnt a very popular exam to take in january :s .... am i the only one who thinks it'll be a complete disaster? :frown:
Reply 8
some help please. in simple harmonic motion with a vertical string, when does the situation stop being modelled as shm - when the string goes slack or at equilibrium position?
Reply 9
Original post by zell
some help please. in simple harmonic motion with a vertical string, when does the situation stop being modelled as shm - when the string goes slack or at equilibrium position?

Slack i believe.... but itll go slack as soon as it passes the eqm point (on the way back up) then itll act under gravity :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Ska_101
Slack i believe.... but itll go slack as soon as it passes the eqm point (on the way back up) then itll act under gravity :smile:

correct. How did everyone find the paper?
Reply 11
Original post by desijut
correct. How did everyone find the paper?

Don't discuss the exam until tomorrow or you'll get 10 warning points if they find you *looks around nervously*
Reply 12
why is the thread still open?
Reply 13
Hasn't attracted too much attention - we're still on the first page lol - so I guess a mod hasn't seen it yet.
Thread closed until midnight.

As to why the thread was still open; I do have a life, and I was somewhat hoping that people doing the likes of M3 wouldn't be breaking the rules anyhow.
Reply 15
So, how did everybody find the paper? :smile:
Haha, I probably failed it. I hate M3.

That velocity as a function of displacement was hard and I couldn't do the T=3mgcos whatever question.
Reply 17
Original post by benji12394
So, how did everybody find the paper? :smile:

Went pretty well, hoping for 75/75 but nothing is sure at this stage.
Overall the paper was quite simple except a tricky kinematics question which gave velocity as a function of displacement.
How was your exam?
Reply 18
well i messed up the 9 mark gravitation question and couldnt prove the centre of mass 1.42 cm thing, so i just hope they mark my paper generously, as the boundaries are always very high on m3
Reply 19
did anybody get gl/128 for the projectiles question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending