The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Unit 2 (B2) 24 January 2012 exam discussion

Scroll to see replies

Yeah in my mock .. totally flopped it - I got 27/45! bloooody A*?! i was confused ahah. I must admit that paper was a bitch and I didn't know about homeostasis and genetics!
Original post by Leelad
Hope everyone is doing ok with the night time revision! :smile:

I really hope enzyme questions come up late on in the paper, nice easy few marks. No carbon cycle or decay though please

Just completed the last paper, now for a break and then a quick look back over everything. Anyone getting up early tomorrow?

I'm going to sleep. No late night. I will be waking up in the morning vaguely flicking through my CGP bio revision book - I wont even be flicking. I will just be staring at Cell Division with a confused look in registration in the morning tomo.
Reply 42
Good luck to everybody taking this exam! , I'm up and ready to take this exam!
Reply 43
me too :biggrin:

good luck everyone!
Reply 44
Original post by Leelad
http://http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gcse/qp-ms/AQA-BLY2H-W-QP-JUN10.PDF

IMO, hardest paper I've seen for B2. A real challenge once you think you have completed your revision.

On a side note, when marking your own answers I'd strongly advise filling in the correct answer and making sure you understand why that is the answer.

Q5 on that paper is stupid (sweating part).
Reply 45
hoping some embryo screening evaluation question comes up :biggrin:
Reply 46
Good luck people!

Original post by PoorLoser
Q5 on that paper is stupid (sweating part).
Yeah, I agree, they put "Ice cold" to trick you into thinking thst the cold drink should lower the body temperature. That's low.
Reply 47
Morning all! Woke up at 6.30, told myself I should probably do some revision...went back to sleep :biggrin: I'll do it in the car on the way :redface:

Good luck everyone!

On a side note, I got bored last night and read through a few of the examiners report and its just ridiculous that they say things like 'sadly only a few candidates got this question' or 'most candidates got confused in this question' Then wh the hell did you include it?! And why did yo put the same stuff in the year after?!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 48
good luck everyone, going to get ready for school now :P
Reply 49
Number 7 on the paper was riciulous!!! aahhh do you think 28 could be an A or A* ??
the average for an A* was about 31 but im not sure. All the questions were like 3 marks plus, nothing like the past papers.... :frown: how did you guys find it?
Reply 50
ridiculous*
Original post by yas-2010
Number 7 on the paper was riciulous!!! aahhh do you think 28 could be an A or A* ??
the average for an A* was about 31 but im not sure. All the questions were like 3 marks plus, nothing like the past papers.... :frown: how did you guys find it?

I cant believe I did all that revision and it turned out to be some how science works questions...
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm banking on really low grade boundaries to scrape a C.
Reply 53
^AWwwwwwwww
Original post by HannahGWard
I'm banking on really low grade boundaries to scrape a C.

Original post by kishanck
^AWwwwwwwww

Our school is absolutely going to be happy when we all get our results o.o
Original post by nataliekwong
Our school is absolutely going to be happy when we all get our results o.o

Indeed, retakes, everyone?
Original post by HannahGWard
Indeed, retakes, everyone?

LOL. Yeah xD
More exams in June ><
Original post by nataliekwong
LOL. Yeah xD