The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University, Belfast 2012 Applicants.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HideFromTheGuns
Yep applied the first day :biggrin: Where are ya from?

well when I say farish I mean Coleraine like but its further than a lot of people anyway! Friends of mine mostly got pretty good rooms so hopefully will do too!
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by GraemeLawd
well when I say farish I mean Coleraine like but its further than a lot of people anyway! Friends of mine mostly got pretty good rooms so hopefully will do too!

Ah awesome! You should be grand then :biggrin:
Ah awesome! You should be grand then :biggrin:

Should be like :biggrin:. Where are you coming from?
offer for Biological sciences at queens! BBB :biggrin:
Original post by MissCellaneous94
I'm coming from England!

What are you studying? :wink:

Whoops just saw your reply haha!

I'm studying medicine what about you?

Still need to apply for accommodation as well! Elms?
Original post by laurenl93
Whoops just saw your reply haha!

I'm studying medicine what about you?

Still need to apply for accommodation as well! Elms?

International business and spanish, not quite as impressive as medicine, well done!! :wink:

Yeh i applied for Elms 2 weeks ago just got to pay the deposit. Can't wait!
has anyone paid their deposit and heard anything back from elms yet?
There doesn't appear to be one for 2012 for Queens, so just thought I would make one!

Just wanted a place to discuss all things Queens 2012 whether it be UCAS, Offers, Rejections, Courses, Subjects, whatever really :biggrin:

I'll start of with, I'm at Belfast Met at the minute doing a Queens access in Humanities course.

So far my offers are:

Queens,
Criminology- Conditional (70% on access course)

Queens,
Criminology and Sociology- Conditional (70% access course)

Queens,
Sociology- Conditional (65% access course)
:crossedf:
Still waiting to hear back from UUJ.

Looking forward to hearing from others, Good luck everyone :biggrin:

I have exact same offers as yourself , studying at s.e.r.c. on the access course , hope you get the results / scores needed...
Original post by MissCellaneous94
International business and spanish, not quite as impressive as medicine, well done!! :wink:

Yeh i applied for Elms 2 weeks ago just got to pay the deposit. Can't wait!

Aah thanks! Spanish would be amazing though you could be fluent! Whew :smile:

You going for basic or ensuite? I put ensuite as my first choice :h:
Reply 189
Original post by sarahteggart
has anyone paid their deposit and heard anything back from elms yet?

Hey i applied and paid my deposit on pretty much the first day that the accommodation site opened and havent heard anything back yet. Im applying from england so that could have an impact as well on how quickly they reply :smile:
Hi :smile: YAY a fellow law student, I nearly ended up firming law and politics (: are you from NI?

Heya, I'm from Donegal so I'm not too far from Queen's :smile:
Original post by serialreader
I have exact same offers as yourself , studying at s.e.r.c. on the access course , hope you get the results / scores needed...

Oh awesome :biggrin: what did you firm/insure? Thank you, hope you do too. Are you doing exams at the moment?
Original post by Crops
Hey i applied and paid my deposit on pretty much the first day that the accommodation site opened and havent heard anything back yet. Im applying from england so that could have an impact as well on how quickly they reply :smile:

yes another person from england! where are you coming from/ hoping to study?
Reply 193
Original post by stephaniewindow
yes another person from england! where are you coming from/ hoping to study?

Im from Manchester! :smile: and fingers crossed Architecture
How about you??
Hi everyone! I received an offer for Queens for English:smile: On my UCAS Track cover letter it says the requirements are BBB, yet when I visited the March open day they said it was ABB? Any ideas? Little confused:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by laurenl93
Aah thanks! Spanish would be amazing though you could be fluent! Whew :smile:

You going for basic or ensuite? I put ensuite as my first choice :h:

Same, ensuite :wink:
Original post by louiseforster
Hi everyone! I received an offer for Queens for English:smile: On my UCAS Track cover letter it says the requirements are BBB, yet when I visited the March open day they said it was ABB? Any ideas? Little confused:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

If they really like your statement or you have better grades predictions and stuff they might give you a lower offer :smile:
Reply 197
Do you guys know if the accommodation is first come first served basis? I want to apply soon, but QUB is my insurance choice so I don't know if I can apply?
Reply 198
I have just applied for my accommodation! From what I could tell it's not a first come first serve but I could be wrong. Is anyone studying Archaeology or French....?? I am studying Archaeology with French but haven't seen anyone else doing this combination yet! Looking forward to moving to NI next year from England (as long as I get my grades! Fingers crossed!)
Reply 199
Advice for Fresher students!

Anyone who are going to university this September, feel free to ask me any questions / advice about being a fresher etc - I'd be glad to help anyone who has any queries

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending