The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University, Belfast 2012 Applicants.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by GraemeLawd
Are you going to firm Queen's for Pharmacy? Getting in the A in Chemistry is my problem though :frown:

yeah probably because its close to home and don't have to get a plane to get there but got an offer for cardiff which is AAB but it doesn't specify i need an A in chemistry :smile: and an interview for liverpool on the 16th of april for pharmacy. But yeah i am in the same boat the A in chemistry is a big problem for me i got an B in it for AS then in my jan module i got a D so i am repeat all my chemistry so that leaves me with 7 exams in total in may/june. But i am on a A in biology and A in maths so may just work really hard cos honestly i didn't work hard enough lol.

But i hope you get an A are you putting it as your firm.
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by cmg1994
yeah probably because its close to home and don't have to get a plane to get there but got an offer for cardiff which is AAB but it doesn't specify i need an A in chemistry :smile: and an interview for liverpool on the 16th of april for pharmacy. But yeah i am in the same boat the A in chemistry is a big problem for me i got an B in it for AS then in my jan module i got a D so i am repeat all my chemistry so that leaves me with 7 exams in total in may/june. But i am on a A in biology and A in maths so may just work really hard cos honestly i didn't work hard enough lol.

I think my insurance is gunna be East Anglia, it's AAB but it doesn't specify either, its so expensive over there too! I've got an A in chemistry As and a B in my January module so hopefully i'll be able to scrape it but so much pressure for these exams in summer :L

Pretty certain Queen's is my firm though!
Reply 122
I think my insurance is gunna be East Anglia, it's AAB but it doesn't specify either, its so expensive over there too! I've got an A in chemistry As and a B in my January module so hopefully i'll be able to scrape it but so much pressure for these exams in summer :L

Pretty certain Queen's is my firm though!

Lol my situations a little worse for chem lol :P but i might put liverpool as my insurance if i get an offer after my interview because i heard there offers are BBB and its still a good university for pharmacy and it is easier to get a flight from northern ireland to it than going to cardiff. because to go to cardiff i have to go to dublin to get a flight to cardiff.
Original post by cmg1994
Lol my situations a little worse for chem lol :P but i might put liverpool as my insurance if i get an offer after my interview because i heard there offers are BBB and its still a good university for pharmacy and it is easier to get a flight from northern ireland to it than going to cardiff. because to go to cardiff i have to go to dublin to get a flight to cardiff.

I've got two ABB offers but I really don't wanna go to the Uni's and London is really expensive so I doubt i'll put down Kings College. East Anglia is hard enough to get to but its real good uni and everyone seems to love it there :P
Reply 124
I've got two ABB offers but I really don't wanna go to the Uni's and London is really expensive so I doubt i'll put down Kings College. East Anglia is hard enough to get to but its real good uni and everyone seems to love it there :P

well if i get and offer from liverpool i will prob have my insurance offer between liverpool or cardiff as cardiff seemed like a lovely and generally safe place to stay. havent been to liverpool before but quite alot of irish students go there to study, so will be very stuck in deciding :P. So i am hoping for an A in chem so i won't have to go to my insurance offer :P. I definetly would not go to london you would have to take a big student loan out for there which you will than have to pay back eventually. East anglia might be harder to get to but i say even with travel it will work out cheaper than london in the long term. And at least there offers are ABB and hey don't specify the chem being an A :smile:.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by cmg1994
well if i get and offer from liverpool i will prob have my insurance offer between liverpool or cardiff as cardiff seemed like a lovely and generally safe place to stay. havent been to liverpool before but quite alot of irish students go there to study, so will be very stuck in deciding :P. So i am hoping for an A in chem so i won't have to go to my insurance offer :P. I definetly would not go to london you would have to take a big student loan out for there which you will than have to pay back eventually. East anglia might be harder to get to but i say even with travel it will work out cheaper than london in the long term. And at least there offers are ABB and hey don't specify the chem being an A :smile:.

I know quite a few people who are at Cardiff and they seems to be loving it too, I was going to apply there but didn't in the end, kinda glad now cause It would just have made my decision even harder deciding where to go for sure :P. What are your other two uni's?
Reply 126
I know quite a few people who are at Cardiff and they seems to be loving it too, I was going to apply there but didn't in the end, kinda glad now cause It would just have made my decision even harder deciding where to go for sure :P. What are your other two uni's?

The interview wasn't too bad for cardiff either very friendly and it was one to one and wasnt really that formal :smile:. And radiography in jordenstown which just today i got a rejection for because i did bad in the HPAT test and biomedical in chlorine which i don't want to do lol. What is your other 2.
Original post by cmg1994
The interview wasn't too bad for cardiff either very friendly and it was one to one and wasnt really that formal :smile:. And radiography in jordenstown which just today i got a rejection for because i did bad in the HPAT test and biomedical in chlorine which i don't want to do lol. What is your other 2.

Fair enough, my Kings Interview was real formal, pure scary but my East Anglia interview was on the phone and wasn't formal!

Ah that sucks, so glad I didn't have to do HPAT. I couldn't imagine going to Coleraine cause I live here! I have offers from Medway School of Pharmacy and also Robert Gordon but I don't wanna go to either tbh
Reply 128
Fair enough, my Kings Interview was real formal, pure scary but my East Anglia interview was on the phone and wasn't formal!

Ah that sucks, so glad I didn't have to do HPAT. I couldn't imagine going to Coleraine cause I live here! I have offers from Medway School of Pharmacy and also Robert Gordon but I don't wanna go to either tbh

My school told me not to apply to 4 of the same course for some reason not sure why because i didn't want to but down biomedical at all, wish i had of just picked another pharmacy in england awell too late now lol.
and i dont mind the idea of getting away from home even if it is belfast :smile:
Original post by cmg1994
My school told me not to apply to 4 of the same course for some reason not sure why because i didn't want to but down biomedical at all, wish i had of just picked another pharmacy in england awell too late now lol.
and i dont mind the idea of getting away from home even if it is belfast :smile:

Really? My school just lets us go and get on with it so I picked 5 Pharmacy course :P. Yeah I don't mind going to Belfast cause its far enough away but Coleraine is right on my doorstep so I wouldn't wanna go there really!
Reply 130
Really? My school just lets us go and get on with it so I picked 5 Pharmacy course :P. Yeah I don't mind going to Belfast cause its far enough away but Coleraine is right on my doorstep so I wouldn't wanna go there really!

lol yeah well derry/magee and coleraine and belfast all about an hour or so away give or take some time :P. So were every i go for uni it should be far enough away :smile:, and are school is so stupid lol. But then again it isn't a grammer school and i am the only one in it applying for pharmacy this year lol. Also at least fees here are as high.
(edited 11 years ago)
Ahhh fair enough, Coleraine Uni is like 10 minutes away so its just like going to school for me. I'm the only one applying for Pharmacy in my year too, I only have two friends who are applying and they don't even live in Coleraine paha.
Thats why Queen's is my first choice is the fee's being lower I think!
Reply 132
Ahhh fair enough, Coleraine Uni is like 10 minutes away so its just like going to school for me. I'm the only one applying for Pharmacy in my year too, I only have two friends who are applying and they don't even live in Coleraine paha.
Thats why Queen's is my first choice is the fee's being lower I think!

lol was suppose to say aren't as high lol whoops :colondollar: :P . I am also the only one stupid enough in my year to do maths, chemistry and biology all together at A-level :P and we can't do a fourth alevel other wise i would have :P .
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by cmg1994

Im the same got a B in as chem and D in the jan module and i want to do pharmacy at queens but i will never get an A!!! 8 exams in may!!
:s-smilie:
Whant exam board in ur chem????????
Original post by cmg1994
lol was suppose to say aren't as high lol whoops :colondollar: :P . I am also the only one stupid enough in my year to do maths, chemistry and biology all together at A-level :P and we can't do a fourth alevel other wise i would have :P .

I do Physics, Chemistry and Re and have Biology at As too, kinda regret my choices wish I did the same 3 as you and had a 4th As in something else but sure what can ye do now!

Yeah it's like 1/3 of the price almost here and QUB is a sweet Pharmacy school as well so happy days!
Got offers for Biological Science(firm) and Environmental Biology(insurance). Both are 4B2's and 2C's, so that'll be grand! turned down Uni of Edinburgh, Dundee AND Glasgow :redface: :biggrin:
Reply 136
Original post by snailsareslimy
Not really "lame"; a lot of people want to see friends and family at home, and others might have more personal reasons for going home. It really annoys me when people instantly think that going home is pathetic as it's not at all; it's completely down to the person and it shouldn't be judged, at all.
Also maybe some people find it hard to study in halls (noisy flatmates, maybe getting bullied etc?) and find going home easier to get work done and as an escape from it. There are loads of reasons, none of which I find "lame" at all, and you shouldn't really either.
Also loads of people don't go home so it's not even that much of a big deal to you anyway... *sigh*

I wasn't actually being serious I was joking...... I don't really care if people feel the need to go home or not I only thought it was lame because lots of people had said students at queens go home on weekends so that they can have their washing done which I assumed was a joke anyway
Reply 137
I do Physics, Chemistry and Re and have Biology at As too, kinda regret my choices wish I did the same 3 as you and had a 4th As in something else but sure what can ye do now!

Yeah it's like 1/3 of the price almost here and QUB is a sweet Pharmacy school as well so happy days!

:smile:

Original post by Katieh007
Im the same got a B in as chem and D in the jan module and i want to do pharmacy at queens but i will never get an A!!! 8 exams in may!!
:s-smilie:
Whant exam board in ur chem????????

AQA what about you sorry about taking so long to reply :smile:. I have 7 awell if its ment to be we will hopefully get the grades :smile:.
mines CCEA! yh hopefully we'll get the grades!!!!:biggrin:
Anyone thinking about Elms? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest