The Student Room Group

Anyone recommend good exercises to get a toned butt?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Powerlifter
I own a gym, every woman in there lifts weights. You have tarred all men with the same brush which makes you as bad as those you are trying to insult.

Wow, litte bit over defensive there! I can tell you that your gym must be a big exception, most of the girls I know don't go near the weights. And I wasn't trying to insult anyone, I was making an observation. No need to be so touchy lol.
Original post by emilymay
Wow, litte bit over defensive there! I can tell you that your gym must be a big exception, most of the girls I know don't go near the weights. And I wasn't trying to insult anyone, I was making an observation. No need to be so touchy lol.

Being factual is not being defensive.

Each of the seven gyms that I have occupied for a period of time during my training have all had women who lift weights and I don’t mean little pink dumbbells.
Obviously this pales in comparison to your completely relevant and fitness industry standard 'girls you anecdotally mention'.

This nore my previous post are touchy - you insinuate they are that way as unsurprisingly when it is pointed out you are talking nonsense you immediately call other people names such as defensive when you will find this kind of projected though process lies closer to home in most cases - a defense mechanism.
It is you who are defensive and touchy - if you were not you would have simply accepted that perhaps your group of associates does not represent an all knowing cross section of the community and industry and listened to several who likely have more expereince.
Reply 42
Original post by emilymay

Women don't go into the weights area because they think guys will react in the way you've mentioned. The reality is, we don't care. I respect any woman that does - because clearly they're more knowledgeable about training than the vast majority of women who get their workouts and diet plans from crappy magazines and believe that lifting any weights will make them huge.

Of course if a hot girl comes into the weights area and starts squatting in yoga pants or whatever, she's going to get some male attention, though...

Quick Reply

Latest