The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I met Carlos Tevez at my local golf driving range (was right next to him). It was when he was still at West Ham. He seemed like a nice guy :smile:.
Reply 81
I have met Zlatan when he played VS Northern Ireland

David Seamen use to date my dad's aunt if that counts for anything ^^
Reply 82
Original post by Sgany
I have met Zlatan when he played VS Northern Ireland

David Seamen use to date my dad's aunt if that counts for anything ^^

yeah it does count.
Henrik Larsson, Chris Sutton, John Hartson, Neil Lennon, Paul Lambert, Lubomir Moravcik, Alan Thompson, Shaun Maloney, Didier Agathe, Bobo Balde, Johan Mjallby...pretty much everyone who was at Celtic in 2003 (besides Lubo)
Yep. My mum's friend was married to Ian Hutchinson who played for England and Chelsea in the 70s(?) and they used to invite us all to dinner but he died a few years ago :frown:
Reply 85
Ledley King and Robin van Persie. Both easy going, van Persie was surprisingly shy.
I met Heskey.
Reply 87
Regularly see Martin Kelly out and about, he was 2 years above me in school.

Last time I saw him was when he was on the bus into town after Liverpool had beaten Arsenal earlier this season, had a bit of a chat with him and his mates, still seemed pretty down to earth (suppoose he must be if he still goes on nights out in Warington). Also, was stood behind him in the queue in the Co-op once. :ahee:

Met Gareth Farrelly too, as he played for Warrington Town a couple of years back.
I met Patrick Kisnorbo in Fosse Park Sainsburys while he played for Leicester. I also met Milan Mandaric in a pub.
I've met Gerry Francis and Gary Lineker.

Both were present during my football matches, as their sons were playing for the opposition team and they got beaten resolutely.

Needless to say, they were never as good as their old man! :rolleyes:

I nearly forgot to add that i met Lee Bowyer (lol) in a cafe in Dubai Mariner Mall last year, whilst Birmingham City were on a training camp for a few days.

Just remembered, i've met Paul Gascoigne at Wimbledon for the tennis, where he was pissed out his brains!
(edited 12 years ago)
Yep, got quite a few footballer friends, in various leagues.
Guy I'm seeing at the moment plays for a league 1 club actually, and a couple of mates play for Bolton reserves.
In the 90's my brother played for the Chelsea academy for a long time - about 8 years or so? So once during the week they'd train on the astroturf up at Battersea Park (usually just the youth team) and the weekends they'd be training at Harlington (then they moved to Cobham at the end) and every time I'd have to go there with whichever of my parents took him because I was too young to stay at home on my own. I ended up meeting basically the entire team of the time (Dennis Wise, Guilet, Poyet, etc). Seeing them every week, though, I really couldn't care less, and got back to reading my Gamesmaster magazine (Loved it!). My mum actually ended up chatting to Michael Dubbery for ages whilst he was injured, every week they'd have a half hour natter over a bacon sarnie in the cafe area. Wise used to have a little ladder'y thing to help him down from his land rover, aha.
Reply 92
Xavi and Iniesta when Barcelona played Dundee United in 2006. Although at the time i didn't know they were world-class.
Reply 93
bunch of man city players went for a night out in st andrews after playing golf.

spoke to one of them for about 10 seconds.

they were buying drinks for the entire bar, and scattering 50 pound notes in the air.
Reply 94
Martin Keown
Reply 95
Met David Villa when Valencia played Cardiff City!
Reply 96
Original post by aja89
Martin Keown

when , where?
A lot of my friends have met Zigic (Birmingham City).. he's always in the shopping centre and occasionally in my local sainsburys. All they describe him is a 'lanky b*****d and that's it :dontknow:

Quite a lot of Blues/Villa footballers seem to be in the area, and most say they're pretty sound.
Liverpool team - went on the team bus to get my shirt signed after a game. Not that I support Liverpool mind, my cousin's team had just played a match against them. Stevie G was a decent enough bloke I guess, but a bit abrupt - scouse? :wink:

Obviously my cousins and their various team mates over the years.

Ummm, I'm Catalan and my family are Barca socios so... Yeah, pretty well most of the players and staff :smile:
One of the club doctors/medics, Emilio, is really nice! He is rather small and is like a sweet old grandad-type dude!

Wayne Rooney - back when he was a kid playing for the Everton junior team; was always out and about in Liverpool.

Met David Silva in Gran Canaria once - I was visiting family out there and he's kinda like the local hero but really down to earth at the same time!

I don't know who else right now, I'll edit if there are more I remember though :smile:

Edit: Umm, don't know how I forgot the most well known one but... :facepalm: Tío Pele :smile: Obviously not my actual Uncle, but my real Uncle used to play with him and I went to nearly every game for years. The only thing I remember though is a) he is tall! :O and b) he was really good with kids, like the sort of person who you feel comfortable with? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
i met rooney on manchester airport

Latest