The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hbk4894
just wondering , has anyone ever met any Footballers , if so which Footballers did you meet and what were they like.

i have never met any Footballers.

I've met some from West Ham, they came into my primary school ages ago, I can't even remember who they are though. But its West Ham so nothing much really.
Went to a party with Maradona.

Been swimming with Cristiano Ronaldo.

Went running with Zidane.

Went diving with Suarez.

Went to an ice-bar with Dennis Bergkamp.

Played ping-pong with Messi.

They were all pretty cool man, not as cool as me though. :cool:
i sat on a table next to Ashley Cole (cheaterrrr) when I was on holiday at this posh exotic dance do thing! He was just really quiet and kept himself to himself (no girls on his lap or anything!)
I was once in a club VIP with Rio Ferdinand, spoke to (shouted drunkly at) him a bit.
I met David Beckham on a school trip to London Zoo, years ago.
I met Bradley Johnson (now plays for Norwich, but at the time was playing for Leeds) in Tiger Tiger, Leeds.
At the hotel where I work just outside of Brighton, I've served David Seaman his dinner, David James room service and most of Bristol City their breakfast. Also served Paul Merson there.
Original post by TheNightmare
I've met some from West Ham, they came into my primary school ages ago, I can't even remember who they are though. But its West Ham so nothing much really.

St. Edward's by any chance?
Met John Hewitt - he score the winning goal for Aberdeen to win the Cup Winners' Cup. I think that is about it :colondollar:
Original post by Panda Bear
St. Edward's by any chance?

Nah, this was at Uphall Primary
Reply 168
Ivan Klansic came to my school to visit.
My mum served Johnny Evans in M&S a couple of years ago but didnt know who he was until another cashier told her.
I met a load of Stockport County players at the end of season party a couple of years ago. I know. Nothing to be excited about.
Original post by Skill
I met Lita also. Bumped into him in a toilet in Brick Lane. We were both pissed out of our ****ing skulls ... I went to the toilet to wipe my hand as I snotted all over it with a sneeze. Little did he know when I shook his hand lol. Thick c***.

And he wiped his pissed-sodden hand on your hands/shirt.

:smile:
Reply 171
Uncle used to renovate apartments and houses for the Newcastle United players when I was younger, so I may well have met some of them without realising (football is up there on my list of disliked sports, not quite as high ranking as darts, snooker or golf but pretty close!) and I went to pony club with Philippe Albert's daughter so used to see him occasionally. They were such a lovely down to earth family, none of this tacky crap you associate with footballers these days.

I've probably drunkenly bumped into various players up here over the years but I wouldn't recognise the majority of them because like I said, not a fan.
Nigel Reo Coker was two years above me at school. Everyone hated him. He was just some rudeboy really. He wore his tie round his head like Rambo/Ryu and always had his shirt buttons undone (all of them) as he bopped around like a rudeboy.

Stephen Hunt went out with my friend at sixth form when he played for Brentford. He went to some of our parties and even our sixth form prom. He's a nice guy but impossible to understand. He then gave my friend an STD and went to Reading haha. I can tell you he very very nearly joined Villa around this time.

Keiran Gibbs was three years below me at school.

Played at Wandle Park with Wayne Routledge and also at Powerleague even though it was well against his contract at Palace. He was mates with my best mate's brother so we saw him around sometimes. He had unbelievable tekkers back then but had him in my pocket at Powerleague!

Once I was playing with my mates at Wandle Park in Croydon when this guy on his own asked in a really weird accent if he could play with us. He was just kicking a ball about on his own so we said yes of course. Lovely guy but we thought he was having us on when he told us he played for Gillingham since he wasn't that great. Nice touch and was fast but........seen better. He now plays in the Prem and is an international. Simeon Jackson.

Served Chris Coleman when I was a young barman in Surrey. He is really really big.

Bumped into Anton Ferdinand at Fabric in London. Figured he'd be bigger.

I heard from an old Brummie work colleague that Gareth Barry used to have a habit of going up to women in clubs in Birmingham, even if their boyfriend are right there and say "here's a hundred quid, tonight you're my girlfriend." Then, when the boyfriend goes off on one (like my work colleague) he'd roll his eyes and say "Blue, huh?" as in Birmingham fan.

The same guy told a story about when he saw this bald guy snort the biggest pile of coke he'd ever seen off the bar at a pub in the open in Bromsgrove or somewhere like that. He was telling the everyone about how he'd just killed someone in a crash and he was about to go to jail. Lee Hughes wasn't a cool guy.

Ian Wright used to watch his son Bradley Wright Phillips play in the local youth leagues around here. He played for Croydon Athletic. But here's the thing: he was crap. He only got into the team and had scouts watch him because of Ian Wright's clout. He wouldn't have even gotten into our school team he was that bad. But he was given the chances and the rest is history.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 173
I met van der vaart in asda he was stealing all the 2 for 1 bargains lol but he was a nice guy

I couldn't help but wonder why he wouldn't go to a better supermarket as he could afford it.
Just Remembered!
Uwe Rosler lives on my road!
He moved into this huge new build near chirstmas and I see his wife driving thier kids to school all the time.
He is manager of Brentford and had 152 appearances for Man City.
Never see him though, cos he's in his flat in London.
Reply 175
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
And he wiped his pissed-sodden hand on your hands/shirt.

:smile:

righttt
Reply 176
Original post by KimKallstrom
Nigel Reo Coker was two years above me at school. Everyone hated him. He was just some rudeboy really. He wore his tie round his head like Rambo/Ryu and always had his shirt buttons undone (all of them) as he bopped around like a rudeboy.

Stephen Hunt went out with my friend at sixth form when he played for Brentford. He went to some of our parties and even our sixth form prom. He's a nice guy but impossible to understand. He then gave my friend an STD and went to Reading haha. I can tell you he very very nearly joined Villa around this time.

Keiran Gibbs was three years below me at school.

Played at Wandle Park with Wayne Routledge and also at Powerleague even though it was well against his contract at Palace. He was mates with my best mate's brother so we saw him around sometimes. He had unbelievable tekkers back then but had him in my pocket at Powerleague!

Once I was playing with my mates at Wandle Park in Croydon when this guy on his own asked in a really weird accent if he could play with us. He was just kicking a ball about on his own so we said yes of course. Lovely guy but we thought he was having us on when he told us he played for Gillingham since he wasn't that great. Nice touch and was fast but........seen better. He now plays in the Prem and is an international. Simeon Jackson.

Served Chris Coleman when I was a young barman in Surrey. He is really really big.

Bumped into Anton Ferdinand at Fabric in London. Figured he'd be bigger.

I heard from an old Brummie work colleague that Gareth Barry used to have a habit of going up to women in clubs in Birmingham, even if their boyfriend are right there and say "here's a hundred quid, tonight you're my girlfriend." Then, when the boyfriend goes off on one (like my work colleague) he'd roll his eyes and say "Blue, huh?" as in Birmingham fan.

The same guy told a story about when he saw this bald guy snort the biggest pile of coke he'd ever seen off the bar at a pub in the open in Bromsgrove or somewhere like that. He was telling the everyone about how he'd just killed someone in a crash and he was about to go to jail. Lee Hughes wasn't a cool guy.

Ian Wright used to watch his son Bradley Wright Phillips play in the local youth leagues around here. He played for Croydon Athletic. But here's the thing: he was crap. He only got into the team and had scouts watch him because of Ian Wright's clout. He wouldn't have even gotten into our school team he was that bad. But he was given the chances and the rest is history.

You're certainly good at talking crap. BWP was in the Man City academy around 16/17 (and maybe earlier). When was he at Croydon Athletic?! Don't believe the Jackson story either (nor a couple others).
I *know* a PL footballer. I *actually* grew up next door to Stephen Kelly, in Finglas, Dublin.

I know his family very well. And played in the team just below his. [at youth level] [Tolka Rovers]
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Skill
You're certainly good at talking crap. BWP was in the Man City academy around 16/17 (and maybe earlier). When was he at Croydon Athletic?! Don't believe the Jackson story either (nor a couple others).

Croydon Athletic had a youth set up with age groups from 12ish +. Half the kids who could play in the area played for one of their teams at one time or another. Bradley went to City when he was 16. He was living near Shirley at the time. When I talk about school team I was clearly referring to when we were kids (he was the year above me but different school). Trust me, there's a good reason he never got picked up for Palace/Wimbledon youth set ups when he was a kid even though Palace used to give out youth trials to nearly any kid who played for a big school in the area. My entire school team got ones at 14!

Jackson lived in Croydon when he was playing for Gillingham the first time round before going to Rushden and Diamonds before returning.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 179
Original post by KimKallstrom
Croydon Athletic had a youth set up with age groups from 12ish +. Half the kids who could play in the area played for one of their teams at one time or another. Bradley went to City when he was 16. He was living near Shirley at the time. When I talk about school team I was clearly referring to when we were kids (he was the year above me but different school). Trust me, there's a good reason he never got picked up for Palace/Wimbledon youth set ups when he was a kid even though Palace used to give out youth trials to nearly any kid who played for a big school in the area. My entire school team got ones at 14!

Jackson lived in Croydon when he was playing for Gillingham the first time round before going to Rushden and Diamonds before returning.

So he was so bad that he managed to go from Croydon Athletic to Man City!

Latest