Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

China's one child policy will lead to them creating a massive world war

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    China has a one child per family policy. What has been happening is that when couples find out they are having a girl, they get rid of it and therefore there are more boys being born. This will have a knock on effect on future generations, as China's population will mostly be boys.

My feeling is that China deliberately want this to happen, as more boys = more candidates for the Chinese army, so that China can go to war and dominate the world. We already know that China is a rising force, and within the next generation or 2 I predict China will be at war and try to take over as the dominant world force.

What do you think? I say be prepared for the worst.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You're an idiot, or a troll

If they wanted to go to war they'd be encouraging people to have lots of children, look at how obsessive Hitler or the Spartans were about women having lots of babies. Obviously you need lots of girls for this so the one child policy is counter-productive in providing you with a large population of soldiers.

Plus one child policy is basically being phased out anyway.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's actually 2 kids rule since 1997.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dude you've got it all wrong, theyre blatently going to create a death star and take over the galaxy. Hiring taiwanese men to pilot their aircraft.

I mean, duh, its all in the name...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Actually there r many family prefer girl rencently,espcially in cities. Cuz having a boy means u have to prepare a flat for him to get married, and a flat in cities always very expensive. Furthermore,detect gender b4 birth is illagal in china.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If they can afford, they will pay for the fine. That's what my friend's parent did.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    really? like youre actually trying to argue this? wow... lol
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: really ... ?

im sleepy so im going to make this a quick copy and paste job from good ol wiki'

"As of 2007, 35.9% of the population were subject to a strict one-child limit. 52.9% were permitted to have a second child when the couple's first child is a girl; 9.6% of Chinese couples were permitted two children, regardless of their gender; and 1.6% - mainly Tibetans - had no limit at all."

" In most rural areas, families are allowed to apply to have a second child if the first is a girl, or has a physical disability, mental illness or mental retardation. Second children are subject to birth spacing (usually 3 or 4 years)"

I dont agree with your comment. it makes sense to try and control population growth, granted there are some issues with the way china have gone about doing it. there isnt really an ideal solution to the issue ..... :cookie: logans run ... ?
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had a case study on this topic last year for Geography.
    It was depressing! -.-
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I...what? OP, what?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    there was actually an article a few years ago from some american (i think it was american atleast) saying that China could use the extra manpower (hoho) to aid its ascendancy on the world stage through peace keeping missions and getting involved in international affairs like america does, but its pretty unlikely.

and if Deng etc. started the 1 child policy in the late 70s so that there would be a huge army of single men now then that is pretty impressive, seeing as England can't even plan for the next world cup team...

end of the day, look at china's record of invading other nations and the whole argument looks very very weak indeed. even in territory disputes China has given up more than 50% in a lot of the cases (islands dont really count towards this as it costs very little to lay claim to an unpopulated island since its unlikely to bring about war, however giving up on it has huge domestic political costs).

And on a side note, anyone seen the Mitt Romney political message showing China mocking the US...more scared of that kind of stuff coming from a superpower than anything else...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raving_Hippy)
    China has a one child per family policy. What has been happening is that when couples find out they are having a girl, they get rid of it and therefore there are more boys being born. This will have a knock on effect on future generations, as China's population will mostly be boys.

My feeling is that China deliberately want this to happen, as more boys = more candidates for the Chinese army, so that China can go to war and dominate the world. We already know that China is a rising force, and within the next generation or 2 I predict China will be at war and try to take over as the dominant world force.

Is this guy an idiot?

lmao u think 1 policy will mean there's gonna be warfare around the globe? Man u need to study some history.

And no. this 1 child policy is well overstated...my relatives have more then 1 child
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What rubbish.
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raving_Hippy)

I say your name is pretty damn accurate
Updated: April 17, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.