The Student Room Group

Crashing Higher Spanish

Hi there everyone :smile:

I was wanting to know if i would be able to cope with crashing higher spanish and acheive atleast a grade B :biggrin:

The only language i have stuydied was german at standerd grade and got a 4 which was basically down to the fact that i had no intrest in the subject.

and is anyone else thinking of taking the subject in 6th year or crashing :smile:
Reply 1
I crashed int 2 Spanish (although I really wanted to do Higher but it wouldn't fit into my course unfortunately). The only other language I've studied is French and Spanish is 100x easier than French and probably German! I got a 2 at SG for French and so far got A's in everything for Spanish as I find it really easy compared to any other subject I've did before. I've found it great to learn so far and it's made me really want to visit Spain in the near future! I would definitely recommend crashing it and I definitely plan on taking it in 6th year at Higher for sure. :thumbsup:
Possibly, with a lot of work. I'm crashing it this year and finding it quite easy, but admittedly I had an A in Higher French already. I've got a friend doing Higher French and crash H Spanish this year, and she's struggling because the course structure is completely different to SG and it takes a while to get used to. That could be problematic if you've had a year out of languages, but on the other hand it might help because you'll be starting completely afresh.

Basically I would say take it if you're willing to put in the effort and get used to the structure of the course, because as far of the language goes, it's not difficult and it's very rewarding how quickly you can progress from nothing. I'd go for it for that reason :smile: Besides, Spanish is a very sought after language these days because it's so widely-spoken, so even if you had to drop down to Int. 2, you'd still be gaining invaluable skills.
Reply 3
I'm doing Higher Spanish (not a crash) but people in my class are crashing it. If you're willing to put a lot of hard work in and are able to pick up languages well, it should be good. (Are you sure though that your school would allow you to crash Higher with only one language at General level, they might be okay with it, but I know people at my school who didn't have a language at credit had to drop to Int 2) Whatever happens, Spanish is a fantastic language, I love it, and imo easier than other languages. So if you think you can, then go for it!
Reply 4
well along with english i am fluent in urdo and punjabi and i can also read arabic despite not being able to understand arabic. so i am hoping they'd let me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending