The Student Room Group

What do you think about Anonymous?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
They can and will be found.

Prison cock and their nice young buttocks? Something tells me they will enjoy their stay in prison.
Reply 41
SOPA, they thought, threatened the lulzy internet they love. Basically getting copyrighted material for free, I'd be a hypocrite to say bad of it, but when they claim that the people at the top of the music industry are millionaires or billionaires they are correct, but everyone else is starving and it only got worse after piracy, that industry is so tough Lady Gaga is manufactured, cloned and put on the radio 10000 times a day for them to get by.

1% of albums released every year make 99% of the profits.

No ****.

Internet is everything to people like that, its a great tool, but taking away the FBI website for an hour or 2 isn't exactly going to stop them is it? It might make the average internet user cry for a while but to corporations websites are just to be there.

Anonymous does not take anything seriously, it defeats our purpose.
Reply 42
I miss the days when they actually deserved the title 'Hacktavist', now all we see is DDOS'ing variou9s sites. It might sound impressive that they freeze Paypal, or get the FBI site crashing, but in the end it achieves nothing. And it's a sad waste of potential, there was a time when Lulzsec was essential the malvonent arm of Anonymous and real hacking took place, now it's just a bunch of script kiddies with ill-thought out plans.

Incidentally. I know it was never good :cool:
Reply 43
"Anonymous" are just a bunch of 14 year old kids who smell like cheese.

I love how people here are saying that they "admire what they stand for". What exactly do they stand for, if I may ask? They're just a bunch of nerds from 4chan.

"LOLZ WE ST@ND 4 FREEE SPPEECH LELZ" *yawn*
The logic of the American authorities policing the internet is similar to the idea of ships during 1700s being banned because of piracy. People don't realise that megaupload is used for distribution of independent work as well as piracy to a lesser extent. All they will hit are most people who don't or have never pirated.
Original post by Iola :}
I have some kind of phobia about them- my friend explained to me anyone can join them and the thought of the guy serving me in tescos spending his nights with a mask on just makes me :lolwut:

Are you having fantasies with the male cashier at your Tesco's being a nerd?

Wow. That's breaking news for me, man.
I guess nerdy glasses are sexy now.
Original post by lessthan0
Who watches the Watchmen comes to mind; they're a self-appointed vigilante group who have decided they're going to "police" the internet against things they choose to dislike. I thought the web was meant to be unbiased, so as much as I don't think people should do things like picket funerals or torture cats for fun, I don't think it's up to Anonymous to hinder their rights to free speech or irresponsibly distribute their personal details.

Well, you can turn the question to itself and ask: "Who watches TSR's Mods?" Answer: No one. Would you argue about the stability of TSR? No.
The above line of reasoning can be applied to Anon.
Reply 47
I approve of their active protesting.
For now, they're okay. But, the thing that scares me is their power and the fact that either they could turn around for the worse or there are other groups out there that stand for the opposite of what they do. Cyber warfare is a very scary prospect.
Original post by aliluvschoc
I kinda like them. I like what they stand for. I like that they're willing to cause a fuss when other people would just sit back and let it all go.

This.
Reply 50
Support them at the moment though they need to up the anti. Also I think when the situation develops and we're on the verge of revolution we will see many anon member cop out.
Reply 51
I totally agree with what they stand for but they scare the living hell out of me.
Reply 52
i could tell you a thing or two but they might cyber attack me and force me off th
Reply 53
I like what they stand for.
(edited 12 years ago)
:wink::wink::s-smilie::rolleyes::angry::angry::colondollar::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::mad::cool::wink::eek::colone::colone::mad::cool::colondollar::angry::rolleyes::s-smilie::biggrin::biggrin::wink::smile::frown::o:D:mad::cool::rolleyes::s-smilie::s-smilie::angry::colondollar::rolleyes:

^Genuine opinion right there.
Reply 55
Lettuce be cereal, the media paints annonymous as a "hacker collective".
In reality, there are a few people who know what they're doing, they draw most of their strength getting a load of script kiddies who think "lul we iz leegun, no1 mess with annonymuse!!!1!1" to all just ddos a particular website. They don't really achieve anything other than taking down the public website of a company, and draw attention to whatever cause they are championing at the time.
Reply 56
Original post by hevlar.kelmet
They're a bunch of insignificant, clueless noobs who think flooding a website counts as l33t h4x0r1ng. They couldn't couldn't hack a turd with an axe, never mind a website.

If you looked at recent attacks on .gov homeland security sites, you would see that they actually didn't DDoS and the websites had been completely altered.
Pathetic, disruptive and cowardly
Original post by chrislpp

Internet is everything to people like that, its a great tool, but taking away the FBI website for an hour or 2 isn't exactly going to stop them is it? It might make the average internet user cry for a while but to corporations websites are just to be there.

Anonymous does not take anything seriously, it defeats our purpose.

But surely if everyone assumed that a protest against what they felt was wrong was going to be futile, nothing would ever be achieved. For instance, the first protestors in Egypt or Libya probably did not think that they would succeed. But look at what happened! The same could be said about Nelson Mandela or MLK Jr. I'm not saying that Anonymous' protests are on the same level as these, but it's the same principle isn't it?
Reply 59
Original post by TourettesUnicorn
But surely if everyone assumed that a protest against what they felt was wrong was going to be futile, nothing would ever be achieved. For instance, the first protestors in Egypt or Libya probably did not think that they would succeed. But look at what happened! The same could be said about Nelson Mandela or MLK Jr. I'm not saying that Anonymous' protests are on the same level as these, but it's the same principle isn't it?

Mandella was a terrorist. The egyptians had nothing left to lose and knew how to work together, the West doesn't, its everyone for themself, why Occupy failed and we lose to the banks for another 4 generations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending