Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

have you or someone you know ever been on TV?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm mates with a guy who was on the Skins episode (new series, 30/01/2012) as an extra, and another mate has been on Blue Peter 4 times for unicycling
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychojonas)
    I'm mates with a guy who was on the Skins episode (new series, 30/01/2012) as an extra, and another mate has been on Blue Peter 4 times for unicycling
    did your mate get paid well for the role?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    i might have been on MOTD last night (if it was on) as i was in the second row of the north stand at Bolton vs Arsenal
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was on local news for the 2007 rugby World Cup final, they just got some shots of people celebrating/not at my local rugby club for the report.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Teachers TV came in to my old secondary school to film my GCSE English class once; they got a nice lil' shot of me engrossed in my copy of Of Mice and Men.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    another mate said he is going to be in the new series of Waterloo Road.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone else got any stories about being on TV
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    My mums cousin starred in some of the Carry On films but he died before I was born. And I think my friend was on TV after our school did a fundraiser for a cancer charity after she was diagnosed, but that might have just been some of the teachers and/or policemen involved (the teachers arranged to get arrested by her dad and his coworkers and stay in the cells overnight). I know she's been in the paper...I've never let her live it down!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was in a Kinder Egg ad when I was 5... fml.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was on the news once skiing in a bit about falling levels of snow. I was about seven or something. :lol:
    And I was in my local areas "emergancy procedure" DVD. Skipping.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AeroLB)
    Was in a Kinder Egg ad when I was 5... fml.
    Does that sort of thing go on your CV? I'd probably hire someone for that...and joke about it all the time.

DISCLAIMER: I don't hire/fire anyone. The power would go to my head. Muhahahahaha!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was an extra in a made for TV movie, it had James Nesbitt and Brendan Gleeson in it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0216279/
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have been on the Sex Education show (I was interviewed and everything), BBC Look North (twice) and Bargain Hunt.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My dad featured in an episode of Meet the Ancestors a few years ago, hes also been on coast and countryfile.
    Some friends and I are going to be in a programme about Britain with Hugh Dennis when it is broadcast later in the year
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was on Sky News back in year 5 or so when we went to a school trip to Drayton Manor, my proudest moment. :^_^:
    • 99 followers

ReputationRep:
    A couple of people I know are extras for World War Z, I was this close to being one as well.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrettd)
    Does that sort of thing go on your CV? I'd probably hire someone for that...and joke about it all the time.

DISCLAIMER: I don't hire/fire anyone. The power would go to my head. Muhahahahaha!
    I'm way too terrified they'd dig it out
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AeroLB)
    I'm way too terrified they'd dig it out
    I can imagine it now- you'd swing into the office one morning and there, on your desk, would be a single Kinder egg...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    A couple of people I know are extras for World War Z, I was this close to being one as well.
    how close did you become to being an extra on the show then?
    • 99 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbk4894)
    how close did you become to being an extra on the show then?
    Not very. I turned up at the casting and they never got back to me...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 2, 2013
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.