Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

has anyone ever had 4 interviews?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    im on a gap year and applying to medicine, boredoms taking over right now.. i was curious if anyone has ever had 4/4 interviews for medicine in the same year? I personally don't know of this, but then again where I'm from, I could probably count all the medical applicants for the past 5 years on one hand. Also, has anyone had 3 interviews AND not been made a single offer?

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know loads of people whose had that. Mainly three of them happen to be between Oxbridge, UCL, and Imperial because they have done well on BMAT and then the last one usually BHAM or Kings.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    ..and if so, how common is it? I've read on here many times that soemthing like 65% of applicants get 0 offers. So most people that do get in, have they aced 1 interview? Just wanting to know the chances..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have been offered 4 interviews. Went for three but sadly can't make the last one. I have one offer (conditional on IELTS) so far. I'm currently on a gap year too and applied for 2013 entry.

I think with regards to chances, you should just stay hopeful and not try to think so much of the probability of getting an interview/offer. Instead, cater more time to preparing for your interview so that it goes smoothly.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got 4 interviews and 3 offers! (my swansea one was off the waiting list as well) But, bear in mind that in total I've applied to 12 places, had a total of 7 interviews, and 9 rejections. The experience that I got, through both three UCAS cycles and life in general, plus applying to places that suit your strengths, definitely helped.

Plus, you only need 1.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    My friend got 4 Interviews at Oxbridge, Imperial and 2 other top Unis, and he REJECTED the offer from Inperial because he had a better offer.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine has had 4 interviews (will have his last one soon) - Nottingham, Kings, Birmingham and UCL, with offers of AAA from the first 3.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I don't think it's as rare as you'd imagine. People with excellent all round applications meet the criteria everywhere. I know one guy with 3 offers and 4 interviews, another with 4 interviews...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have 4. I applied based on my strengths and my personal statement was the best thing I'd ever written. I also already have my grades. Still shocked though.

I know someone who had 4 interviews and 0 offers. I'm freaking out that it could be me this year!
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I had 4 interviews this year and like flying saucers, just applied to my strengths but am still shocked.
    Good luck.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorro10)
    My friend got 4 Interviews at Oxbridge, Imperial and 2 other top Unis, and he REJECTED the offer from Inperial because he had a better offer.
    Pah, no such thing! :rolleyes:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rozca)
    im on a gap year and applying to medicine, boredoms taking over right now.. i was curious if anyone has ever had 4/4 interviews for medicine in the same year? I personally don't know of this, but then again where I'm from, I could probably count all the medical applicants for the past 5 years on one hand. Also, has anyone had 3 interviews AND not been made a single offer?

Yeah my girlfriend has 4 interviews from Liverpool, Nottingham, Newcastle and Manchester.

With an offer from Manc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had 4 interviews this yea,r first application so far had one offer and one rejection but my offer is from my top choice so yeah pretty happy only need one offer
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've had 4 interviews this year, and 2 offers.. just waiting on the last 2!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rozca)

So many of my school mates did. All 4 and didn't get one offer. However, they were immature imbeciles and "immaturity" was the actual word used in their feedback.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talexe)
    Pah, no such thing! :rolleyes:
    I agree. Imperial is where its at, in London of course.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 26, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.