The Student Room Group

Woodhouse College

Scroll to see replies

Original post by justanotherindigo
No not yet:frown:

ARe they gonna send an email or a letter?

It says on the website a letter, so fingers crossed, they really are waiting until "late April" :/
Reply 41
ahh I remmember being in your positions 2 years ago :biggrin:. Dont worry too much, they are taking in a lot more students this year due to budget cuts so you have an even greater chance to get in. Anything anybody would like to ask a woodhouse leaver?
Original post by fernandez134
It says on the website a letter, so fingers crossed, they really are waiting until "late April" :/

They quite clearly are!
Tomorrow is the last day of April:sigh:
They quite clearly are!
Tomorrow is the last day of April:sigh:

I know, but I can't wait another two weeks, it has killed me enough as it is
Reply 44
Original post by fernandez134
I know, but I can't wait another two weeks, it has killed me enough as it is

well, i suppose you'll have to. or else call them and shout down the phone until they tell you.
Reply 45
Original post by rosehx
i had my interview on thursday with mrs grice, one of the politics teachers. it lasted an hour, which was apparently unusual and most interviews lasted around 20 minutes. the subject-related question i was asked was "talk to me about nick clegg" and the rest of the interview was spent discussing my living arrangements and subject choices. i applied to do biology, english literature, politics and philosophy and was advised to change the former two to chem and english language. i think it went well though, she was impressed with my grade predictions and extra-curriculars, so yay c:

Mrs Grice is AMAZING. Best teacher I've ever had, anywhere.
Hope you get in, if you do you will fall in love with politics because she's such a good teacher. Good luck :smile:
Original post by Advanced
Mrs Grice is AMAZING. Best teacher I've ever had, anywhere.
Hope you get in, if you do you will fall in love with politics because she's such a good teacher. Good luck :smile:

Hiiii:biggrin:
I picked politics aswell:smile:
How was it????????
Reply 47
Hiiii:biggrin:
I picked politics aswell:smile:
How was it????????

Really really good. Mrs Grice really knows her stuff, she has insider knowledge, let's put it that way :wink:
Not sure if she is the only politics teacher any more though, they may have one more.

As an A level, Politics is fairly straightforward. I'm not sure how things are now (I left in 2010) but you only study British and European politics, not the US unlike a lot of other schools. It's really interesting and fairly easy to grasp though some of the European Union stuff can be hard to understand at first (that's at A2 though).
Reply 48
Really really good. Mrs Grice really knows her stuff, she has insider knowledge, let's put it that way :wink:
Not sure if she is the only politics teacher any more though, they may have one more.

As an A level, Politics is fairly straightforward. I'm not sure how things are now (I left in 2010) but you only study British and European politics, not the US unlike a lot of other schools. It's really interesting and fairly easy to grasp though some of the European Union stuff can be hard to understand at first (that's at A2 though).

she's married to the editor of the independent, isn't she? c:
can't wait to start doing politics.. though i'm not too psyched about the economics aspect. arggh i really hope i get in..
Reply 49
Original post by rosehx
she's married to the editor of the independent, isn't she? c:
can't wait to start doing politics.. though i'm not too psyched about the economics aspect. arggh i really hope i get in..

Yeah she is, so she's always really up to date on everything :smile:
There's not that much economics involved (not when I did it anyway), it's not very complicated anyway. There's no maths involved don't worry :cool:
Good luck, you should get in if you are on course for good GCSE grades.
when my interview was over with Anna Finn (Maths teacher)
she said wood house college will get back to me by the end of April
Its the freaking 1St May and they haven't said anything worst of all im moving houses so im worried the letter might come through the post and iv left that house :frown:
Should I Call them up and ask for the status of my applicant to wood house and the decision made ?

I heard from other sources that wood house will be releasing letters/Offers in 2 weeks time, is this true ? The wait is killing me especially when deciding to take St Dominic's Conditional offer or to wait for Wood house college reply hopefully for a Conditional offer. I don't want to have no offers and forced to take a GAP Year.:s-smilie:

Just out of curiosity, what happens to those students that get rejected by all colleges that they applied to. For example, they apply to 3 and get rejected by all 3? :confused:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
when my interview was over with Anna Finn (Maths teacher)
she said wood house college will get back to me by the end of April
Its the freaking 1St May and they haven't said anything worst of all im moving houses so im worried the letter might come through the post and iv left that house :frown:
Should I Call them up and ask for the status of my applicant to wood house and the decision made ?

I heard from other sources that wood house will be releasing letters/Offers in 2 weeks time, is this true ? The wait is killing me especially when deciding to take St Dominic's Conditional offer or to wait for Wood house college reply hopefully for a Conditional offer.
Apparently, they are sending out offers today.
Same position here. I have been obsessed with my email since yesterday. If I dont get conditional: I will have to start taking applying to other collages more seriously. :smile:
Reply 52
Yeah she is, so she's always really up to date on everything :smile:
There's not that much economics involved (not when I did it anyway), it's not very complicated anyway. There's no maths involved don't worry :cool:
Good luck, you should get in if you are on course for good GCSE grades.

phew, good. i'm predicted A/A*s but i've had to drop 2 gcses (art and ict) due to illness, do you think that will affect my chances?
Reply 53
Original post by swanderfeild
Apparently, they are sending out offers today.
Same position here. I have been obsessed with my email since yesterday. If I dont get conditional: I will have to start taking applying to other collages more seriously. :smile:

omg.

argh, no email!
no reply back from woodhouse college :s
Should i call them up and ask about the status about my applicant as they said they were going to get back to me around end of april ??
its MAY L.o.l :eek:
Reply 55
GUYSSSS! i asked them today, and they've sent out the offers and we should get them by tomorrow! I'm studying Biology, Chemistry, English Lit and Psychology, what are the teachers like?
Reply 56
Original post by rosehx
phew, good. i'm predicted A/A*s but i've had to drop 2 gcses (art and ict) due to illness, do you think that will affect my chances?

I doubt it. If you get those grades they will let you in, and I'm sure they'll understand your explanation :smile:
Reply 57
I doubt it. If you get those grades they will let you in, and I'm sure they'll understand your explanation :smile:

hopefully. thanks :smile:
arggh i'm so nervous
Reply 58
I GOT IN! :biggrin: it's conditional but i only need Bs and i'm predicted A/A*s~
Original post by rosehx
I GOT IN! :biggrin: it's conditional but i only need Bs and i'm predicted A/A*s~

WELL DONE!!! I got in too and I only need to get B's too.
I got an offer for chemistry, sociology, psychology and philosophy but I might change philosophy to biology:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending