The Student Room Group

Woodhouse College

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ThisIsSyriol
WELL DONE!!! I got in too and I only need to get B's too.
I got an offer for chemistry, sociology, psychology and philosophy but I might change philosophy to biology:smile:

yay well done! i'm got in for philosophy, english lang, psychology and politics. i wanted to do biology instead of psychology though.. i love both, but biology is looked upon more favourably by universities so hopefully i'll be able to change.

maybe we'll be in the same classes haha c:
Original post by rosehx
yay well done! i'm got in for philosophy, english lang, psychology and politics. i wanted to do biology instead of psychology though.. i love both, but biology is looked upon more favourably by universities so hopefully i'll be able to change.

maybe we'll be in the same classes haha c:

haha that would be cool if we were:biggrin:. Can you go to the introductory afternoon?
Reply 62
haha that would be cool if we were:biggrin:. Can you go to the introductory afternoon?

yep, you?
Original post by rosehx
yep, you?

Yeah I can't wait to see what it'll be like and who else is going. I wonder what we're going to do there?
Reply 64
D: I was given the waiting list... :frown:

A bit disappointed, but I guess I still have a chance in getting in. I applied for physics, biology, chemistry and history. Woodhouse has always been my first choice so its abit of a bummer. I had my interview with a Mr Wilson, who in my opinion was definitely something...

I wonder whether or not I should tell Woodhouse that I've got an A* in maths (during the time between interview and now) and that my predicted grades are still all A/A*? Or should I just wait until I get my results and give them a ring?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TheChosen

A bit disappointed, but I guess I still have a chance in getting in. I applied for physics, biology, chemistry and history. Woodhouse has always been my first choice so its abit of a bummer. I had my interview with a Mr Wilson, who in my opinion was definitely something...

I wonder whether or not I should tell Woodhouse that I've got an A* in maths (during the time between interview and now) and that my predicted grades are still all A/A*? Or should I just wait until I get my results and give them a ring?

I think there is still a good chance of you getting in as I have heard that the waiting list moves quiet quickly and because you have good predicted grades you probably pretty high on the list.

Also a lot of people have applied but they don't really want to go there so will probably reject the offer or not enrol on results day so again you still have a good chance of getting in.

Did you tell them that you already got the A* in maths before?, if not then I would tell them. But keep working hard and get the best grades you can and good luck :biggrin:
Reply 66
Congrats on getting a place guys! Do any of you happen to know if you can re-apply to Woodhouse after a denial, if your grades have improved massively from the predicted grades they were given? If so, when can it be done?
I also got on the waiting list.
My subject choices were, Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics.
My predicted grades were 4A*s 7As

Anyone have a rough idea on my chances of getting in?

Thanks in advance
Original post by TheChosen

Same... quite disappointed.
And, it seems we are competing for places in two same subjects (Physics and Chemistry). :wink:

With average of 6.9; any rough idea do you think I have of getting in Physics, Chemistry, IT and Maths? Thanks.
Reply 69
Original post by Roxanne Corker
Oh yes of course. Well as you can presume EVERYONE at my school is obsessed with WH, but I just don't know how to break it to some of them that they may not be accepted. But again it's dire news they have to be subjected too, and I have no interest in being the one to deliver such forlorn information. They can pine in their own time. Most at FBS are arrogant anyway, they delude themselves into thinking they can attend the best colleges when they don't implement the labour and toil into getting the grades. *Irked countenance* Thankyou doll, what school do you attend? :smile:

The number of times we had to shout across the fence at you lot in order to retrieve footballs and tennis balls must have been quite annoying!

Spoiler

" Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your application to wood house college. The college has been heavily over-subscribed this year and we have been unable to offer places to all the candidates whom we would like to take. We have now made our first round of offers and we regret that yours is not amongst them. We are, however, continuing to make offers as we get withdrawals and it is possible that your combination of subjects will become available in the next few weeks, so we would like to put your name on our waiting list.

If you wish us to consider you for the next appropriate place that becomes available please would you complete the enclosed form and return it to us by Friday 11Th May 2012. If you do not return the form, we will assume that you do not wish to be on our List.

In the meantime we hope that this is very important year goes well and wish you every success.

Your sincerely,
Ann-Marie Robinson + Carol Kirkland."

So I appear to have been rejected to an extent - no offers. :angry: However it mentions that it is possible for me to still get an offer for my subjects.(Maths, Physics, History, Economics/French) It says the deadline is 11Th may but when exactly will they call me/email me saying whether if there is a offer/rejection fully for me... it says "in the next few weeks". I only applied to 3 colleges. Wood house, Tiffins, St Dominic.

I have been rejected by Tiffins and I am on their waiting list(impossible IMHO)
St Dominic I have been rejected im not on their waiting list.
However since wood house is my last college I applied to and they were unable to give me an offer I don't know what exactly to do. Its May 4Th and majority of the colleges deadline and offers for August 2012 are gone. What do I do now?:confused:

I really desperately want to go into Wood House, My Grades are not that bad:
7As, 3Bs, 1C. -> GPA = 6.54545. I heard from my friend that his sister applied to wood house and she went onto the waiting list and she got a place there. However do you think I have a chance of getting in. Plzz !@@@ Im in the worst situation. If wood house college rejects me in their response in a few weeks time.... I don't know what to do as i wont have any other colleges i applied to. I don't want to apply to Sheat Colleges as it would ruin my reputation I.E CV + I don't want to take a GAP Year just Yet.:frown::s-smilie::confused:

Whats the chances of me getting into woodhouse since im "Apparently" On their waiting list judging on my academia Predicted grades? Reply A.S.A.P :confused:
Original post by fernandez134
I also got on the waiting list.
My subject choices were, Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics.
My predicted grades were 4A*s 7As

Anyone have a rough idea on my chances of getting in?

Thanks in advance

BLIMEY, With those grades shouldn't you have gotten a Direct offer? :confused:
If not you should have definitely recieved a conditional however Since your in the waiting list you should be on the very top in comparison to me :frown:

Moi <--- 7A's,3B's,1C. Begging Wood House to let me in last option other colleges rejected me *Forever alone* .... :'(
Do I have any chance on the waiting list ? Maths, Physics, History, Economics/French.
Reply 72
one of my friends got a conditional offer. shes doing applied ict and bizz. what happens if they dont meet the grade b's for their course cuz alot of people needs b's just to get in their course thats all they ask for. for any1 hu got conditional offers
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
BLIMEY, With those grades shouldn't you have gotten a Direct offer? :confused:
If not you should have definitely recieved a conditional however Since your in the waiting list you should be on the very top in comparison to me :frown:

Moi <--- 7A's,3B's,1C. Begging Wood House to let me in last option other colleges rejected me *Forever alone* .... :'(
Do I have any chance on the waiting list ? Maths, Physics, History, Economics/French.

You say that but I reckon we both have the same chance, roughly how far do you live from the college?
Also you can always apply to some where on results day, I know some people who have done that and go in to Woodhouse
Reply 74
" Dear Applicant,
Whats the chances of me getting into woodhouse since im "Apparently" On their waiting list judging on my academia Predicted grades? Reply A.S.A.P :confused:

I've heard that the waiting list moves very fast and also that some people found out they got an offer as late as august so I would return the form to go on the waiting list. You have nothing to lose and your grades are good enough. I also heard that certain subjects were over subscribed, mainly sciences which is why some people with lower grades got offers and others got put on the waiting list.

Also what they meant with "giving you an offer in few weeks" is that you have to accept the waiting list first. if you do not return the form, they will consider you do not want to go anymore.
Reply 75
Hi,

I got a conditional offer too, well done to everyone else! However I was only 1 out of 4 of my friends who got an offer, there was around 11 others who got put on the waiting list as they are a very selective college.

In regards to everyone who got put on the waiting list , you still have a chance to get in. My sister got put on the waiting list, but then she got a place a few weeks later.

Also, a friend of mine got a rejection letter but then in august she got her results (12 A*) and got offered a place.

I know the second example might not be the best, but if you work hard you can still get in.
So with 7As,3Bs,1C. = GPA = 6.54545
Do I realistically have a chance at wood
House waiting list? Subjects:maths, physics
History, French/Economics?

Just wondering can I ask the college in specific what
Subjects they are oversubscribed I.e economics then I would choose French instead.if I ask what subjects the are oversubscribed In and change my 1 subject would I be mOre likely tO get an offer? Btw jw If they don't give me an offer in a few weeks from the waiting list can I still apply on GCSE results day ? has any1 done that as a last resort and what are the chances of on results day they accept you?
So with 7As,3Bs,1C. = GPA = 6.54545
Do I realistically have a chance at wood
House waiting list? Subjects:maths, physics
History, French/Economics?

Just wondering can I ask the college in specific what
Subjects they are oversubscribed I.e economics then I would choose French instead.if I ask what subjects the are oversubscribed In and change my 1 subject would I be mOre likely tO get an offer? Btw jw If they don't give me an offer in a few weeks from the waiting list can I still apply on GCSE results day ? has any1 done that as a last resort and what are the chances of on results day they accept you?

Hey there,
When I went to my interview I asked about the Woodhouse waiting list system ( because I didn't think I would get in) and she said that when people drop out they give places to people doing a similar combination of subjects so you could hear from Woodhouse from now until August. She also said that you can go in on results day and try and get a place then so they may accept you. That's pretty much all I know or all I can remember :wink:
Hey there,
When I went to my interview I asked about the Woodhouse waiting list system ( because I didn't think I would get in) and she said that when people drop out they give places to people doing a similar combination of subjects so you could hear from Woodhouse from now until August. She also said that you can go in on results day and try and get a place then so they may accept you. That's pretty much all I know or all I can remember :wink:

so if all else fails and they dont offer me a place on the waiting list i can still turn up on GCSE Results day and ask if they can offer me a place then ? A
Assuming i get my predicted Grades or even higher? (7As,3Bs+1C.)
What will i do if all colleges reject me and i have no offers from my college choices? (Tiffins = rejection(waiting list). St dominics=Rejection. Woodhouse= rejection(waiting list).

would you recommend me going to a local sheaat college or just to take a GAP Year do part time work + AS level subject choices revision in spare time i dont wish to write down on my CV of a local rubbish college *Looks* CNL.

should i apply to any colleges above average(get a direct offer) but just prioritise getting into woodhouse as my main goal?
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending