The Student Room Group

Woodhouse College

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Hi,

I just need some re-ensured. I've been so busy revising for my exams that I've noticed the acceptance form for woodhouse should of been in by friday 8th June. I'm extremely disappointed with myself but I'm posting my form today with a 1st class stamp. I won't be overlooked would I? I still have my place right it was an condtional offer? Should I worry/:? Thanks
Original post by Alisha.K
Hi,

I just need some re-ensured. I've been so busy revising for my exams that I've noticed the acceptance form for woodhouse should of been in by friday 8th June. I'm extremely disappointed with myself but I'm posting my form today with a 1st class stamp. I won't be overlooked would I? I still have my place right it was an condtional offer? Should I worry/:? Thanks

Oh woow, I suggest calling them up and telling them that you are going to accept the place and that the letter was sent off a bit late. Because it's possible they might give it to some one else, hence why you should tell them straight away :smile:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I dont see the "HELL" why they did not give you a Direct Offer your grades are just jaw dropping ? :confused:
I guess woodhouse cant spot talent when they see it lmao :biggrin:

Original post by fernandez134
LOL Thanks, and I just handed in my acceptance form in, have to attend an introductory afternoon on July 4th.

It happens, my mate got much better grades than me but was placed on the waiting list and I got in and got him to come on results day.

Woodhouse also consider your extra-curricular activities of which he had none.
do you think il get it? Im on the waiting list and if they don't send me a reply il call them up on results day.. 7A's, 3B's and 1C :frown:

Im planning to do Maths, Physics, History and French. Predicted As In all of them :redface:
do you think il get it? Im on the waiting list and if they don't send me a reply il call them up on results day.. 7A's, 3B's and 1C :frown:

Im planning to do Maths, Physics, History and French. Predicted As In all of them :redface:

Well call them up definitely to inform them that your acceptance letter will be late.........so they don't give your place to some one on the waiting list.
If they do, you can make a fresh application on the day of results by going there, but you should get in with those grades.(remember to quote)
Original post by Iqbal007
Well call them up definitely to inform them that your acceptance letter will be late.........so they don't give your place to some one on the waiting list.
If they do, you can make a fresh application on the day of results by going there, but you should get in with those grades.(remember to quote)

Lol. I already gave the acceptance letter I never got a conditional offer I just had to sign some extra sheet saying I agree for them to put me on the waiting list I sent it of first day with first class stamp :redface:

Unfortunatly, I had to move houses 3-4days letter and I moved addresses but I wrote on a extra sheet on my previous address and new address and my name etc ... and sent it off along with the acceptance for waiting list letter ??
Lol. I already gave the acceptance letter I never got a conditional offer I just had to sign some extra sheet saying I agree for them to put me on the waiting list I sent it of first day with first class stamp :redface:

Unfortunatly, I had to move houses 3-4days letter and I moved addresses but I wrote on a extra sheet on my previous address and new address and my name etc ... and sent it off along with the acceptance for waiting list letter ??

Oh waiting list.............it shouldn't matter too much than, but call them up or email them just in case.

But definitely go in on results day, they'll sort it out :smile:
Oh waiting list.............it shouldn't matter too much than, but call them up or email them just in case.

But definitely go in on results day, they'll sort it out :smile:

am I more or less guranteed a place with 7As,3bs, 1c... ik i may not be the smartest but I have to look at other colleges if woodhouse is unlikely to accept me :frown:
am I more or less guranteed a place with 7As,3bs, 1c... ik i may not be the smartest but I have to look at other colleges if woodhouse is unlikely to accept me :frown:

They'll accept you, i got 1 A*, 5 A's, 2 B's, rest C's and I was given a conditional a few years back. My mate had better grades and got in through waiting list
They'll accept you, i got 1 A*, 5 A's, 2 B's, rest C's and I was given a conditional a few years back. My mate had better grades and got in through waiting list

lucky you :redface:

but whats your view of wood-house college in terms of teaching quality and academics? :s-smilie:
lucky you :redface:

but whats your view of wood-house college in terms of teaching quality and academics? :s-smilie:

But it's just not about grades, I had loads of extra-curricular activity compared to my mate....it counts as well.

Teaching quality and academics are really good, but there is always 1 teacher in every department who are, well awful...but it makes those students work harder.

Another thing is that since I have left they have changed the periods, lessons are now 50mins and there are more periods in the day.
Compared to my old school, it was a level up in terms of pace in class, but theres plenty of after school support when needed.
But it's just not about grades, I had loads of extra-curricular activity compared to my mate....it counts as well.

Teaching quality and academics are really good, but there is always 1 teacher in every department who are, well awful...but it makes those students work harder.

Another thing is that since I have left they have changed the periods, lessons are now 50mins and there are more periods in the day.
Compared to my old school, it was a level up in terms of pace in class, but theres plenty of after school support when needed.

cool. I got a conditional offer and I'm soo excited. I just hope that I get the grades to get in. Btw I have question....u know when u have a free period are u aallowed to go out or do u have to stay in the college premises?
Original post by lorobolorolo
cool. I got a conditional offer and I'm soo excited. I just hope that I get the grades to get in. Btw I have question....u know when u have a free period are u aallowed to go out or do u have to stay in the college premises?

You can do whatever you want during your free period............though when they put the new door system in, it does a while to get in and out :s-smilie:
You can do whatever you want during your free period............though when they put the new door system in, it does a while to get in and out :s-smilie:

Thats amazing...coz at my school's sixth form we are supposed to stay in school all the time even when we have independent studies. Sorry to ask so many questions but when u pick 4 subjects how many free lessons would u get? and at woodhouse are u required to do general studies or critical thinking? Thanks Xx
Thats amazing...coz at my school's sixth form we are supposed to stay in school all the time even when we have independent studies. Sorry to ask so many questions but when u pick 4 subjects how many free lessons would u get? and at woodhouse are u required to do general studies or critical thinking? Thanks Xx

The only pain is the fingerprint door.........................Well when I did it, the lessons were an hour or hour and a half long, It would depend, monday was 1 free, tuesday was 2, wednesday we finish early so none, thursday was 1 or 2 and friday was like 1 or 2.................but as they've changed it to 50 mins/ 1hour and 20 min I think lessons, you should get more frees.

Nope, but if you want to you can take it as an AS only during your 2nd year.
I just have a quick question. U know I'm not gonna be here on GCSE results day because I will be on holiday but I will be here on enrolment day. So what will they do if I turn up without my exam results. will they still accept me? I'm so scared now cos i really want to get in
I just have a quick question. U know I'm not gonna be here on GCSE results day because I will be on holiday but I will be here on enrolment day. So what will they do if I turn up without my exam results. will they still accept me? I'm so scared now cos i really want to get in

u need to go on the day you get ur results to show to them your met the grades.........one of my old classmates didn't go in, his place was given to someone else. You got to talk to them
u need to go on the day you get ur results to show to them your met the grades.........one of my old classmates didn't go in, his place was given to someone else. You got to talk to them

Is it ok to check my results online and then print them off and show it to woodhouse. Cos I think we can check our edexcel results online?
Is it ok to check my results online and then print them off and show it to woodhouse. Cos I think we can check our edexcel results online?

You need all your results that come on the paper slip from school for your results.....if it's all of them, it should be ok, but you should ask them
You need all your results that come on the paper slip from school for your results.....if it's all of them, it should be ok, but you should ask them

Ok thankss a lot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending