The Student Room Group

UK Chemistry Olympiad

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tomp99
I did wonder whether my "conservative" estimate wasn't conservative enough :biggrin:

Results and boundaries will be released on this website "by Friday 9th March".

http://www.rsc.org/Education/SchoolStudents/Olympiad/2012-competition.asp

Ohdear. so for me this week is going to go:
-Jan modules results
-Chem olympiad result - probably a 'Ta for sitting in 1 place for 2 hours' certificate.
- GIG TIMES XDD
Reply 101
My teacher told me something about the next round, but he said they'd be in contact and I haven't heard anything. Is the deadline tomorrow?
Gah. If i'd got one more mark, I'dve got a silver :frown:
I just found out I actually got a gold and not a silver like my teacher said I'd got. Nobody else in my year group knows their results, but they've been published on the RSC website...

http://www.rsc.org/images/UK-Olympiad-Results%20-round%201-2012_tcm18-215104.pdf
Reply 104
I should probably add to this thread, I received a £15 Amazon voucher from the RSC for my score in UKChO1. I was a high Gold, but missed Round 2 by 4 marks. Bit odd as they don't advertise prizes like that anywhere on their website! If anyone else got a voucher too, I'd love to know, and what score you got to earn it.
Original post by tomp99
I should probably add to this thread, I received a £15 Amazon voucher from the RSC for my score in UKChO1. I was a high Gold, but missed Round 2 by 4 marks. Bit odd as they don't advertise prizes like that anywhere on their website! If anyone else got a voucher too, I'd love to know, and what score you got to earn it.

Well done!
Original post by tomp99

I also got a voucher! :smile: Apparently it was for coming top 53, i got 57/80.
Reply 107
Original post by trig happy
I also got a voucher! :smile: Apparently it was for coming top 53, i got 57/80.

Ahh, of course. Congratulations!
I got Gold

Quick Reply

Latest