The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology - 24th January 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Subhaan120
what was the drug question exactly about i cant seem to rememmber:frown:

I think it was which drug increases blood sugar levels or something like that!
Reply 22
hmmm....this paper was solid!!!! :frown:
Reply 23
judging by the poll the grade boundries will be low!
module 3 anyone??!????
anyone got the unit 1 unofficial mark scheme?!
hope the a* boundary is very low! :L
Reply 26
Original post by MichelleQ

Original post by MichelleQ
who did unit 1? the paper was challenging, hated the first question, hope gb are low! some places were O.K though.

Yeah I did my unit 1 retake today :smile: I found it alright, some questions were a bit tricky though!! Hope i get 5 more marks than last time!!
Reply 27
Original post by pointfortytwo

anyone got the unit 1 unofficial mark scheme?!
hope the a* boundary is very low! :L

yeah I want the unofficial mark scheme too! My answers are still fresh in my mind :smile:
this may sound really stupid, but what was the experimental control? also what cholesterol levels did you put?
Reply 29
I didn't even answer some of the questions! :frown:
Might as well just carry on revising for the inevitable resit in june.
Original post by Jemma:)
yeah I want the unofficial mark scheme too! My answers are still fresh in my mind :smile:

samee! some of it was quite easy...some only :L
Reply 31

this may sound really stupid, but what was the experimental control? also what cholesterol levels did you put?

You dont sound stupid!! I found those questions tricky too :/ for experimental control i think i put number of volunteers but it could of been the size/depth of bowls :?

For the cholesterol levels one (where it was like what two factors effect cholesterol blood levels?) i put 1. amount of saturated fat in your diet and 2. the amount of regular exercise you take.

What were your answers????
oh dear oh dear. i put the cold season!! arghhh but i think it's the people sitting with their feet in empty bowls, my friend put it :L

alsoooo i put genes, diet for that one.

i meant the very last one though, where you had to choose a range?!

what about the advantage to the farmer of choosing to add coriander in the cows' food?!
Reply 33
I think I just scraped a C :/ I got all A*'s in my four practises but the real paper was hard, a B would be fine but a C is what I really be thankful for right now... Chemistry on Thursday looks all set to be a killer! :angry:
Reply 34
It wasn't a retake for me :smile:
You dont sound stupid!! I found those questions tricky too :/ for experimental control i think i put number of volunteers but it could of been the size/depth of bowls :?

For the cholesterol levels one (where it was like what two factors effect cholesterol blood levels?) i put 1. amount of saturated fat in your diet and 2. the amount of regular exercise you take.

What were your answers????

oops forgot to quote you hahah xD
Reply 36
I didn't sit any science exams for a year so this was my first time :biggrin: but I did it as a retake haha.
Reply 37

oh dear oh dear. i put the cold season!! arghhh but i think it's the people sitting with their feet in empty bowls, my friend put it :L

alsoooo i put genes, diet for that one.

i meant the very last one though, where you had to choose a range?!

what about the advantage to the farmer of choosing to add coriander in the cows' food?!

Oh no!! guess we've both got it wrong then :'(

Right, i know which one you mean. I cant remember specifically what i put - think it was 170 to 210 or something like that?? I basically wrote down the values when the 'deaths from all causes' were lowest. Probs got it wrong though?!

For the farmer one I put that adding coriander to the animal's food would significantly reduce their methane emissions to the environment so therefore the advantage is that the farming of the cattle would be more environmentally friendly. But the answer could of been something to do with costs or quality of meat?? e.g the coriander in the cow's food would cause it to gain some mass which would in turn produce a higher quotent of meat??
Reply 38
Original post by Subhaan120
what if you didnt mention the word osmosis but you did say: water molecules moves from an area of high water to an area of low water concentration into the filter through the membrane??? :frown:

then you get 2 of the possible 3 marks. just saying osmosis is always a mark
Oh no!! guess we've both got it wrong then :'(

Right, i know which one you mean. I cant remember specifically what i put - think it was 170 to 210 or something like that?? I basically wrote down the values when the 'deaths from all causes' were lowest. Probs got it wrong though?!

For the farmer one I put that adding coriander to the animal's food would significantly reduce their methane emissions to the environment so therefore the advantage is that the farming of the cattle would be more environmentally friendly. But the answer could of been something to do with costs or quality of meat?? e.g the coriander in the cow's food would cause it to gain some mass which would in turn produce a higher quotent of meat??

i know ):

i put 130-210 :L 130 was lowish too i think :L

that one was just irrelevant. so annoyed with that one!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending