(Original post by BeyondandAbove)
Here is an incomplete list of the main things:
- I can engage in tasks for hours on end. I pretty much read the 5th Harry Potter book in one go, only stopping for food and other necessary breaks.
- I am hypersensitive to touch and in some cirumstance also to sound and smell. I can't touch certain fabrics, for example.
- I am very clumsy and uncoordinated. When I was young doctors thought I might have a motoric dysfunction because I always fell down.
- I suck at verbal instructions.
- I shut down in social situations. I will sit with my friends, but half the time I just space out.
- I lack empathy unless it concerns an animal. I can't count the number of times I had to fake concern or sadness because something terrible happened.
- Apparently I'm impolite when I think I'm not.
- I can make eye contact, but it usually ends up in staring.
- I often interrupt others because I don't really know when I can jump into a conversation.
- Even "read between the lines" confuses me.
- I need a long regeneration period after socialising.
- I obsess about something and then randomly just drop it. Except for some aspects of biology and How I Met Your Mother. These things have stuck so far. In my spare time that's all I ever do: read about bacteria and viruses and prions and watch HIMYM. I study Biology, so I guess I decided for the right degree.
- I also do things the same way over and over. I don't care if your (generalised you) way is 'better' or 'shorter'.
- Processing information in a group of people? Not happening.
- I eat the same things over and over. I have eaten the same brand of cereals for about 4 years every day almost without fail. When I didn't have that for breakfast, I wasn't very happy about it.
- I have a strong interest and science.
- I don't vary between clothes that much (worn the same hoodie since last Friday now).
- I hate doing 'girly' things. No shopping with others. I don't even understand the concept of 'sleepovers' What's the point in those? I even avoid grocery shopping for as long as I can.
- I'm usually the last to get jokes unless they are very obvious.
I can think of more, but I don't want to make this list too long.