The Student Room Group

The Revamped TSR Asperger's Society!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OU Student
Yes to all the above.

This is a weighted blanket.

Atlast, someone like me :happy2:

My mum bought something similar that resembles those duvets from primark, it was actually very light weight, or is that the idea?
Original post by Introvert2020
Can't remember if I've posted in here before?

Anyway, I don't like having AS. I notice some people seem to take a lot of positives from it, but I guess after all these years I'm just aching for some social interaction that I've lacked my whole life. Some proper friends, and damn it even a girlfriend haha.

Don't let the AS cripple you into socially interacting with other people, it's your mindset that is the obstacle.

edit: looking back, what the hell am I saying :lol:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by translucent
Atlast, someone like me :happy2:

My mum bought something similar that resembles those duvets from primark, it was actually very light weight, or is that the idea?.

I think that's the idea. I do want one. Can't sleep without a blanket (even a duvet cover on it's own isn't enough) and it's sometimes too hot in the summer with a full duvet.
Reply 462
does anyone else on here randomly feel fine one day and the next your depressed and think that noone likes you???
Original post by Mrx123
does anyone else on here randomly feel fine one day and the next your depressed and think that noone likes you???

That's called depression :redface:
Reply 464

ouch although i admire the honesty lol ive just had a bad day today is all
Original post by Mrx123
ouch although i admire the honesty lol ive just had a bad day today is all

Well there you go, you've answered you're own question. Everyone has bad days, not just just aspies, it's 'normal'! :dancing:
Reply 466
Well there you go, you've answered you're own question. Everyone has bad days, not just just aspies, it's 'normal'! :dancing:

lol touche
Reply 467
Me too :dance: I wonder if it's exclusive to people with aspergers/autism.Do you also have to wear socks at home, even in summer? Does it annoy you when the duvet doesn't stretch to cover your feet, does it annoy when someone opens your bedroom window?... or am I just alone on this one :K:

No idea what you mean by a weighted blanket :teehee:

Yes to all, except I hate socks and shoes and wear them as little as possible. I don't like my toes being cooped up! :tongue: For me I hate it even when someone else is in my room. It's like they mess it up just by being there :lol:
Reply 468
Where does anyone else get their support from, I get told NAS ALL THE TIME by EVERY one but I cannot afford their costs, I don't have social services funding I can't leave the house without help but I get no help.
Original post by Gutsman
Where does anyone else get their support from, I get told NAS ALL THE TIME by EVERY one but I cannot afford their costs, I don't have social services funding I can't leave the house without help but I get no help.

Are you under a psychiatrist?
Original post by Etoile
Yes to all, except I hate socks and shoes and wear them as little as possible. I don't like my toes being cooped up! :tongue: For me I hate it even when someone else is in my room. It's like they mess it up just by being there :lol:

Completely agree!

Hey everyone :hello: As is fairly obvious, I'm an aspie.

Too mild for people to think I have it, serious enough for me to look like an idiot most of the time :P My little brother has more serious AS (and is prodigiously intelligent) so in comparison to him I look like a NT.

But anyway.

Hi.
Reply 471
Original post by Oli-Ol
Completely agree!

Hey everyone :hello: As is fairly obvious, I'm an aspie.

Too mild for people to think I have it, serious enough for me to look like an idiot most of the time :P My little brother has more serious AS (and is prodigiously intelligent) so in comparison to him I look like a NT.

But anyway.

Hi.

You are a synesthete I see - me too. I think there must be a correlation. It's definitely not neurotypical haha! Which type do you have?
Original post by Etoile
You are a synesthete I see - me too. I think there must be a correlation. It's definitely not neurotypical haha! Which type do you have?

I remember reading a study about there being a correlation, but I can't find any sources atm. There's also a correlation between synaesthesia and depression, so that might be a link.

And sounds/colours. One of the reasons I prefer French to German is because German tends to be too mustard-coloured! :biggrin: How about you?
Reply 473
Original post by Oli-Ol
I remember reading a study about there being a correlation, but I can't find any sources atm. There's also a correlation between synaesthesia and depression, so that might be a link.

And sounds/colours. One of the reasons I prefer French to German is because German tends to be too mustard-coloured! :biggrin: How about you?

That's really interesting because I'm fighting depression at the moment! I know there is a link between ASDs and depression too.
So you hear a sound and see an associated colour? Me too! Personally I see German as more kind of coral coloured though haha, that's what an sch makes to me.
Original post by Etoile
That's really interesting because I'm fighting depression at the moment! I know there is a link between ASDs and depression too.
So you hear a sound and see an associated colour? Me too! Personally I see German as more kind of coral coloured though haha, that's what an sch makes to me.

Me too, which is why I find the links between them so interesting :smile:

And yes that's exactly right! Not so much with music though, mainly with speech.

And noooo sch is definitely a mustard yellow! Whereas French is more blue and pink :smile: and Italian tends towards green. That's only with everything considered though- each language has its nuances :smile:

It appears to be common room entertainment to recite the days of the week in as many languages as possible to get me to tell them what colour each day is. It very quickly overloads though. Do you find that you know what colour a word is when you hear it, but if people ask you what colour it is you find it very difficult to see it properly? It's too much part of normality- I can't focus on the colours that specifically without getting a headache.
Original post by Etoile

Up until 5 minutes ago I thought everyone saw music in colours ... What a strange world the rest of the world must live in :bl:
Reply 476
Original post by KittyKattyKaity
Up until 5 minutes ago I thought everyone saw music in colours ... What a strange world the rest of the world must live in :bl:

Do you see the colours in your vision, or in your minds eye?

No, it's not. Feeling bad one day and okay the next is simply experiencing the normal ups and downs of life. Depression is an actual illness and possibly a very dangerous one. However, when people call all the little "blues" and fleeting moments of unhappiness "depression" it undermines the significance of the real, clinical depression and it also adds to the stigma. People with the illness get told to snap out or get over it, but you can't just get over it the way you can get over a bad day and that's because having a bad day does NOT mean having depression.
Original post by plimsolls
Do you see the colours in your vision, or in your minds eye?

In my mind. If I close my eyes I can see them really clearly but when my eyes are open I know the colours are there but can't see them with my eyes. I play flute and baritone sax and they produce completely different colours. Sax is a really deep chocolate on the low notes.
Reply 479
Original post by KittyKattyKaity
In my mind. If I close my eyes I can see them really clearly but when my eyes are open I know the colours are there but can't see them with my eyes. I play flute and baritone sax and they produce completely different colours. Sax is a really deep chocolate on the low notes.

Cool beans.

I think most people assume everyone else experiences the world and thinks in the same way as they do. Then something like the discussion on here happens, or they start reading around neurology/psychology and you realise everybody is unique. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest