The Student Room Group

C3 Jan 2012 Edexcel - Post exam discussion - Solutions and paper in first post

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rohitbd
What if you put the domain, as infinity>f-1x>0 would you get the mark as its the same as f-1x>0, and to prove the tan equation, i put times by secA and secB, got the same answer, would I get the marks, overall decent paper but I had to look at the tan question for ages till I got it.

not if you wrote f-1(x).

It is domain so it should just be x>0
Reply 121
Original post by -Illmatic-

Original post by -Illmatic-
you havent been to the beach then :colone:

Spoiler

yeah that's bad mate, stick to the day job :smile:
I think i got 55-60 marks. I just hope I can collect loads of method marks. I made too many silly mistakes. I'm just so annoyed with myself!

I wish I had revised tans...and I wish I didn't spend soo much time figuring out 8a when I could've went over my work and checked my answers!

Then again, if my wishes came true, I just wish to re-do the exam, but this time with a better conscience.
Reply 123
I think the grade boundaries will be lower for this paper. It was a LOT harder than June 2011. Where were all the 'express the following equations in the form Rcos(x+alpha) & Rsin(x+alpha)' questions?
I think I must be the only person stupid enough to complete the square on Q6 when it asks for the minimum... :doh:

Plus Question 8 was a bitch.....

Bring on the June retake!
I was expecting it to be harder to be honest.
Reply 126
Can i just ask, if i wrote 28 minutes instead of 12:28, will i lose the mark?
Reply 127
Original post by Tannu123
Can i just ask, if i wrote 28 minutes instead of 12:28, will i lose the mark?

snap
For 8b I used sin/cos instead of tan but still got the answer... would I lose marks?
Think I got at least 68. How many marks would I lose for not flipping dx/dy but continued to solve from there?
I realllllly doubt they would not accept t = 28. Usually with questions like this in the mark scheme it says: "Accept t = 28" on the side or something. It was 5 marks for something that easy though so maybe 1 of the marks are for converting into time?

God I really hope not, but I can't see many people converting it anyway.
...and that along with the domain question might mean the grade boundary for 100 UMS = 74?
Reply 131
For 1b if I wrote the denominator as x^3 instead of x^4 how many mark would I loose?
Reply 132
For the time i wrote t=0.5 rounded up how many marks would i lose ?
Reply 133
Original post by Arsey
Reasonable paper I thought

Hiya Arsey, thanks for the solutions :smile:
How many marks would I lose if I didn't do 1/ dx/dy to get dy/dx hence using the wrong gradient? :frown:
Reply 134

Original post by ms93
Hiya Arsey, thanks for the solutions :smile:
How many marks would I lose if I didn't do 1/ dx/dy to get dy/dx hence using the wrong gradient? :frown:

SAme question here :biggrin:
Reply 135
Made some really stupid mistakes :frown: x
Reply 136
Do you think 56 marks will get 70UMS??
Reply 137
what is 70 UMS ? a B?
Reply 138
for the question about the normal.. when i plugged pie/4 into my calculator and got a decimal number i didnt realise it was root 3.. so i did the rest of my working with the constant as a decimal, and gave my final answer in a decimal form, instead of 16root3 + pie/4 .. will i lose any marks and if so how many?
Someone PLEASE tell me (i've asked this question 50 times already).. In the last question, I only got one solution (5pi/11). How many marks do you think I would lose for not getting the second solution? PLEASE quote me. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending