Original post by Patchey1000
I know we're application twins

ahaha love this
Reply 21
Original post by Patchey1000
Nice one

Thaaanks :smile:

Original post by denty
Just noticed you both have the same 4 choices.

Funny you say that, we have similar stats also ;o
nothing in the post from sheffield :frown: guess that's a rejection on the way!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Have sheffield sent out all interviews?
Original post by Thiswaytobroadway

apparently so
Reply 25

All I know is majority went out on thursday and they were meant to be sending all IVs this week just gone. Allow for post to work its way through.. If you dont hear by end of next week then unlikely? Best to call them...

Best of luck :smile:
I see! Thanks, it just seems like not as many people have got interviews yet, compared to when like leeds gave all theirs out at the same time!
I see! Thanks, it just seems like not as many people have got interviews yet, compared to when like leeds gave all theirs out at the same time!

very true!
Reply 28
they say they interview 200 candidates, does anybody know how many places they give out roughly?
Reply 29
I think they have 75 places so I would guess about 100-120 offers?
Reply 30

they are only interviewing on 2 days... so it makes sense if there arent as many interviews... 200interviews over 2 days is ambitious even with multiple IV panels no?
Reply 31
Original post by marijuana
I think they have 75 places so I would guess about 100-120 offers?

wow! thats like a 50-50 chance of getting it then! fingers crossed for the best!
Original post by chilly23
they are only interviewing on 2 days... so it makes sense if there arent as many interviews... 200interviews over 2 days is ambitious even with multiple IV panels no?

Thats very true, i wrote down on the open day that they interview 180, and give out 80 offers for 75 places, because atleast five wont get the grades or they may not firm sheffield.

Thats very true, i wrote down on the open day that they interview 180, and give out 80 offers for 75 places, because atleast five wont get the grades or they may not firm sheffield.

You also have to remember applicants who they have given offers to could have offers from 3 other universities and may not choose sheffield. So they would have to make more offers in case they don't have enough applicants choosing sheffield as their first choice.
Reply 34
Original post by lilac237
wow! thats like a 50-50 chance of getting it then! fingers crossed for the best!

haha yea. flip a coin? :wink: just kidding, best of luck at the interview!
Original post by radardetector
You also have to remember applicants who they have given offers to could have offers from 3 other universities and may not choose sheffield. So they would have to make more offers in case they don't have enough applicants choosing sheffield as their first choice.

Yeah 80 for 75 seems quite low, but I'm sure the admission tutors know what there doing
In 2009 there was 1095 applicants, 421 interviews, 176 offers and 76 of those people accepted.
Reply 37
Original post by radardetector
In 2009 there was 1095 applicants, 421 interviews, 176 offers and 76 of those people accepted.

If the amount of offers and places hasn't changed since then it would be possible for 176 offers out of 200 interviews o.O
Highly doubt it though, seems too good to be true

If the amount of offers and places hasn't changed since then it would be possible for 176 offers out of 200 interviews o.O
Highly doubt it though, seems too good to be true

I know that with Cardiff it is published on there website that for 2011 entry there were 180 interviews and 170 offers made
Reply 39
haha yea. flip a coin? :wink: just kidding, best of luck at the interview!

haha cheers, im guessing you have one too? what dates yours?

Quick Reply

Latest