The Student Room Group

Registering for Higher Exams at Colleges

Ok the original Thread was titled "Universities and HE Colleges" which is why I have posted this here but if anyone can direct me elsewhere with help that would be great. This is my question/dilemma....

I have been to Uni already. I have a BSc in Neuroscience however, I now plan to return to university to do a Physics based course. My major problem is that I have never done Physics, not even at Standard grade level. So my plan was to sit a higher at a college and then apply for entry into a university degree in academic year 2012/2013 (so this september)

As far as I know you used to be able to register to simple sit an exam at a college or even a high school, as long as its an exam centre , having never studied there. ie you can self study and just turn up to do the final exam somewhere. But im having unbelievable difficulty even finding info about this.

When I sat my first set of Highers several years ago there where always randomers in the back who were just there to sit exams.

Does anyone have ANY insight in this as I dont want to wait until 2013 just to do a higher course at college when I know i could study and (knock on wood) pass this May exam.

Help?
Reply 1
Original post by Kirstin
Ok the original Thread was titled "Universities and HE Colleges" which is why I have posted this here but if anyone can direct me elsewhere with help that would be great. This is my question/dilemma....

I have been to Uni already. I have a BSc in Neuroscience however, I now plan to return to university to do a Physics based course. My major problem is that I have never done Physics, not even at Standard grade level. So my plan was to sit a higher at a college and then apply for entry into a university degree in academic year 2012/2013 (so this september)

As far as I know you used to be able to register to simple sit an exam at a college or even a high school, as long as its an exam centre , having never studied there. ie you can self study and just turn up to do the final exam somewhere. But im having unbelievable difficulty even finding info about this.

When I sat my first set of Highers several years ago there where always randomers in the back who were just there to sit exams.

Does anyone have ANY insight in this as I dont want to wait until 2013 just to do a higher course at college when I know i could study and (knock on wood) pass this May exam.

Help?

Have you tried posting this on the scottish qualifications forum? You might have more luck there.

Quick Reply

Latest