The Student Room Group

AQA chemistry Unit 2 Thursday 26th January

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SAS18
I guess (but doubtful:confused:) evaporation could work as you could evaporate the liquid and get the solid but i doubt they will accept crystallisation though cos that happens to the liquid and then you haven't really separated the precipitate.......:s-smilie:

i think i agree with you, evaporation is plausible, but at the same time, the heat might alter the precipitate
Reply 201
Even though the exam had question 1 and the empirical formula question, do you think that the grade boundaries will be really high? Cos theres some past papers and the ones which had the empirical formula question, the boundary was quite low? :smile:
Reply 202
Original post by flumpyfi
Yes! It really was. It was like a breeze in comparision to that mess. I just hope physics is as nice.

Post Name ::" AQA PHYSICS 3 MONDAY 30th JAN "

Ask physics questions, help, quote worries etc....:wink:
How was the exam peoples?
Reply 204
Gods sake.. guess I didn't do as well as I thought :/

I missed out a god damn 2 mark question by mistake! FFS! I'm really pissed off at the moment because of this, because it was an easy 2 marks.

Wow.. ah well....

Oh and for the first question i wrote that the people didn't know about displacement reactions.

Anyone else get that?!
Original post by AspiringGenius
How was the exam peoples?

Really chuffed with myself, predicted a B at GCSE but found that really easily. Reckon i've got an A atleast. If not an A*.

How about you mate?
Original post by PoorLoser
Gods sake.. guess I didn't do as well as I thought :/

I missed out a god damn 2 mark question by mistake! FFS! I'm really pissed off at the moment because of this, because it was an easy 2 marks.

Wow.. ah well....

Oh and for the first question i wrote that the people didn't know about displacement reactions.

Anyone else get that?!

I wrote that the almunium could not be reduced. Dont know what the **** I was thinking.

Obviously in the 1800 there'd be a lack of technology.
I hate questions like that, it highlights my lack of common sense. :colondollar:
Reply 207
Original post by SAS18

Original post by SAS18
Post Name ::" AQA PHYSICS 3 MONDAY 30th JAN "

Ask physics questions, help, quote worries etc....:wink:

Cheers! :biggrin:
Original post by StateSchooler95
Really chuffed with myself, predicted a B at GCSE but found that really easily. Reckon i've got an A atleast. If not an A*.

How about you mate?

Well done, just realised this is the GCSE thread. Whoops! :lol:
^ F'king Joker.
evaportation isn't the same thing as filtration......
Reply 211
I thought the exam was fairly good, actually. Nice empirical formula question which I got Fe2O3? Was that the right answer?

Although, the first question threw me a little... bit like a comprehension but 10 times harder!
Reply 212
Original post by Nistar
I thought the exam was fairly good, actually. Nice empirical formula question which I got Fe2O3? Was that the right answer?

Although, the first question threw me a little... bit like a comprehension but 10 times harder!

Yep, that was right - grats :smile:

I got that wrong :frown:

but i think i got 2-3 marks for it :biggrin:
Reply 213
hahahah yeh I saw the first question and freaked out but then it didnt turn out to be too bad :smile: Just hoping the grade boundaries are still low cos I want 100 ums ahahah :biggrin:

was the answer to thr type of bonding one covalent bonding??
Reply 214
Original post by Hotdog
hahahah yeh I saw the first question and freaked out but then it didnt turn out to be too bad :smile: Just hoping the grade boundaries are still low cos I want 100 ums ahahah :biggrin:

was the answer to thr type of bonding one covalent bonding??

Yup, sharing of electrons is good old covalent bonding.
yeh well done eevayz
The first part of the first question was interesting, anyone know what the possible answers might be?
Reply 217
Original post by pi-thagoras
The first part of the first question was interesting, anyone know what the possible answers might be?

Our teacher said any mention of 'not enough technology' will get you the mark, but there are plenty of possibilities I'd guess.
Reply 218
Original post by Welbeck
I wrote that and as the second error i wrote it could have been a weighing error but not sure if i would get a mark?

I wrote for the question that the lid could be broken, making some gas be released.
Reply 219
Original post by Swords N Thorns

Original post by Swords N Thorns
I haven't done as much revision for chemistry, which worries me a little...saying that, I did a tonne of revision for biology, and look what happened there. :P

I can almost guarantee something about Empirical Formulas is likely to come up, but they'll probably try their best to word it really awkwardly to make sure none of us understand it. :|

Lol I was the same, I revised biology so much that I knew everything! But that exam just stunned me co's it required a lot of reading. Half my time was used up reading the information and trying to understand the question -.- Chemistry I'd say I only did around 3 to 4 hours revision, but I found it better than biology, although I think I did lots of silly mistakes! I can't wait for March :P
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending