Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 181
Original post by camo18
Hey :smile: Has anyone applied for Talybont Court here? :smile:

Hi! I put it as my first choice :smile:
Reply 182
Me toooo. Court > South > North.
I havnt applied for it yet I'm going to tomorrow! Please dont say I'm really late! :frown:
Hi everyone!
I'm looking for a piece of advice about these halls:
Cartwright Court Houses
Senghennydd Hall
Roy Jenkins Hall
Student Houses
Aberade Hall
Tell me how they are, the environment there, if you had good experiences (or if you are there how is it going).
I'm going with 2 friends and we're wondering if we can apply to be together, is that possible or, they put you as they want?
PS: we are strongly thinking about the 2 firsts.
Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much :biggrin:
Original post by welshfrankie
I have an offer for English Lit and am pretty sure it'll be my firm :biggrin: Really looking forward to it assuming I get my 2 A's & Welsh Bacc :3
I'm hoping not to move too far from home for personal reasons, but I also want to know I'm getting a good education with a good reputation so Cardiff made sense!

Ooh, a fellow English Lit student! :h: I've had the same offer and I've put Cardiff as my firm, so I hope to see you there, yo!
Original post by marinaspain
Hi everyone!
I'm looking for a piece of advice about these halls:
Cartwright Court Houses
Senghennydd Hall
Roy Jenkins Hall
Student Houses
Aberade Hall
Tell me how they are, the environment there, if you had good experiences (or if you are there how is it going).
I'm going with 2 friends and we're wondering if we can apply to be together, is that possible or, they put you as they want?
PS: we are strongly thinking about the 2 firsts.
Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much :biggrin:

Hi! When you apply for accomodation, there's a little section where you can add extra details, such as disabilities and whatnot, and I suppose you could mention that you want to be with your friends in that bit!
My friend went to Senghennydd, despised it and moved to Talybont North (or South, I can't quite remember) after a few months. According to her, the bedrooms were nice but the kitchen and bathroom in her flat were horrendously filthy, as were the corridors and stairwells. I haven't been there myself, so I don't know how true it is! Also, she opted for a Welsh-speaking flat, and apparently her flatmates were all terribly cliquey and never included her in their outings because she had English friends. As a Welsh-speaker, I can guarantee that not all Welsh people are like that, and my friend was just really unlucky, but that's unfortunately all I know about Senghennydd!

I don't know much about Cartwright, but I've heard it's really nice and friendly there. I hope I've been of some help!
Original post by Impignorate
Ooh, a fellow English Lit student! :h: I've had the same offer and I've put Cardiff as my firm, so I hope to see you there, yo!

Hopefully :biggrin: Are you confident of getting your grades?
Hopefully :biggrin: Are you confident of getting your grades?

Sort of! I just sat my last exam, and I THINK it went well. Absolutely praying for an A! You?
Sort of! I just sat my last exam, and I THINK it went well. Absolutely praying for an A! You?

Same here, just sat my English Lit exam. I too think I went okay:smile: I'm pretty confident I got my A which is all I need so I'm happy with that!
Does anyone have an idea where to find a list of reference books for the first year of Resource and Exploration Geology, please? I don't want to leave buying them until the last minute. Thanks :biggrin: Alex
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Alexander98
Does anyone have an idea where to find a list of reference books for the first year of Resource and Exploration Geology, please? I don't want to leave buying them until the last minute. Thanks :biggrin: Alex

Try e-mailing the department, information on contacting them can be found here:

http://courses.cardiff.ac.uk/undergraduate/course/detail/31.html
Hi! When you apply for accomodation, there's a little section where you can add extra details, such as disabilities and whatnot, and I suppose you could mention that you want to be with your friends in that bit!
My friend went to Senghennydd, despised it and moved to Talybont North (or South, I can't quite remember) after a few months. According to her, the bedrooms were nice but the kitchen and bathroom in her flat were horrendously filthy, as were the corridors and stairwells. I haven't been there myself, so I don't know how true it is! Also, she opted for a Welsh-speaking flat, and apparently her flatmates were all terribly cliquey and never included her in their outings because she had English friends. As a Welsh-speaker, I can guarantee that not all Welsh people are like that, and my friend was just really unlucky, but that's unfortunately all I know about Senghennydd!

I don't know much about Cartwright, but I've heard it's really nice and friendly there. I hope I've been of some help!

Of course you've helpt me! hehehe thak you so much! :biggrin:
Try e-mailing the department, information on contacting them can be found here:

http://courses.cardiff.ac.uk/undergraduate/course/detail/31.html

Thanks, I've emailed them. :biggrin:
Cardiff uni is greaaaaaat. I study Law and Politics and the course is tres interesting. Going inot 2nd year, and I can't wait. Any queries message me!
I received my IELTS results today and with this, it would seem that I most likely am going to Cardiff next September. Law and Politics.

I still need to get some documents translated before I can get my unconditional but... yeah. That should be all. I'm now feeling just a little bit excited over this and mostly nervous - it's not until now when I'm fully starting to grasp the idea of moving out of the country and to Wales. :redface:
Hi, I Just found this thread And have accepted my firm offer with Law And Politics LLB with an offer of AAA which I hopefully will get.

I've applied for accommodation at Allensbank House as my 1st choice, and really really hope I get in. I went to a visit day in March and found the city really nice for sports and shopping and jobs, as well as It being a good city for nightlife and TV :smile:
Reply 197
Hi, I was wondering if you guys could help me out :smile: does anyone have any idea what dates Cardiff University freshers are held?
Original post by Lottie_Funk
Hi, I Just found this thread And have accepted my firm offer with Law And Politics LLB with an offer of AAA which I hopefully will get.

I've applied for accommodation at Allensbank House as my 1st choice, and really really hope I get in. I went to a visit day in March and found the city really nice for sports and shopping and jobs, as well as It being a good city for nightlife and TV :smile:

Well done! hopefully you will get the offer, the course is really good:smile: yeah st Davids is good, with new shops opening all the time!
Original post by Telo
I received my IELTS results today and with this, it would seem that I most likely am going to Cardiff next September. Law and Politics.

I still need to get some documents translated before I can get my unconditional but... yeah. That should be all. I'm now feeling just a little bit excited over this and mostly nervous - it's not until now when I'm fully starting to grasp the idea of moving out of the country and to Wales. :redface:

Ah don't worry the people of Wales are welcoming.:smile: What country are you coming from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending