The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University September 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by welshfrankie
I've too been looking over that page to get a feel but never found that picture! haha. Seems it is true though. :frown:

YIKES! Now i don't know what to do

ewwwwieeee!!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by rachbeanz
YIKES! Now i don't know what to do

ewwwwieeee!!

I'm thinking about putting Cartwright Court as my first now. It seems quite nice :P
I've too been looking over that page to get a feel but never found that picture! haha. Seems it is true though. :frown:

i thought it was just infestations in taly north?!! where would you put for first choice instead?
i thought it was just infestations in taly north?!! where would you put for first choice instead?

Silverfish in Taly South too so I hear.
I'm not sure where I'd put first choice. I need to go over the campus map and stuff. I'd like somewhere near the sports facilities whilst being reasonably close to Humanities too.
I'm coming to do the LPC this September, nervous since I've never actually been to Cardiff before! I plan to apply for Talybont most likely, am looking forward to being on campus as I've never had the halls experience before. Any other law students here??
I put Cardiff as my firm choice, so if I manage to become a chemistry whizz in the next two weeks I may well end up there.

I'm too bad at most of my subjects to do badly on purpose, but I made an awful mistake picking my firm/insurance - I didn't realise you HAD to go to your firm choice if you got in. I just put Cardiff as my firm because it was the highest offer, I love it there but I prefer my insurance.:redface:

Although the way I'm performing I doubt I'll get into either.:frown:
I'm thinking about putting Cartwright Court as my first now. It seems quite nice :P

oo yeah i like that one. im googling silverfish to weigh up the situation
oo yeah i like that one. im googling silverfish to weigh up the situation

I really don't fancy them in my bed - they look pretty awful. Waah. Why can't things be easy :tongue:
I really don't fancy them in my bed - they look pretty awful. Waah. Why can't things be easy :tongue:

i thought the same! ahhh scary.
Can I ask, what's the difference between the accomodations like Talybont South etc and the University Halls? I never got to check out the accomodation on open day.

In the halls am I with more people or something?
Reply 110
Original post by Miracle Day
Can I ask, what's the difference between the accomodations like Talybont South etc and the University Halls? I never got to check out the accomodation on open day.

In the halls am I with more people or something?

Heyy, I went to the open day but only got to look round Talybont. I'm not 100% sure but I think the main difference between taly and uni halls is that in taly, your grouped into flats within in block. I think in halls your more separate :smile:.
Original post by doc93
Heyy, I went to the open day but only got to look round Talybont. I'm not 100% sure but I think the main difference between taly and uni halls is that in taly, your grouped into flats within in block. I think in halls your more separate :smile:.

Ohh ok. What subjects did you see?
Reply 112
Ahhh so excited but september seems like forever away
i thought the same! ahhh scary.

My brother's girlfriend goes to South and she didn't mention anything about them mind... Hmm

Original post by jesstonto
Ahhh so excited but september seems like forever away

Same here :tongue: Damn these A-levels getting in the way.
My brother's girlfriend goes to South and she didn't mention anything about them mind... Hmm

hmm well i still havent changed my top choice but I've changed the rest of the order, stuck!!
People being put off by silverfish :curious: I live in the Bronx itself, Taly North, and have only seen one of those during my time here. I only remember that because I was curious as to what it was, well now i know :biggrin: Any talk of infestation is nonsense, or at least it is in my house. North gets a bad rep for being 'grotty' and whatever but it's really not that bad at all. Everyone here has a good social life too, it wasn't my first choice and it shouldn't be yours either, I'd still put South first, but don't rule it out because you'll love it.
Reply 116
Original post by EmperorMustard
People being put off by silverfish :curious: I live in the Bronx itself, Taly North, and have only seen one of those during my time here. I only remember that because I was curious as to what it was, well now i know :biggrin: Any talk of infestation is nonsense, or at least it is in my house. North gets a bad rep for being 'grotty' and whatever but it's really not that bad at all. Everyone here has a good social life too, it wasn't my first choice and it shouldn't be yours either, I'd still put South first, but don't rule it out because you'll love it.

I mentioned this before but, seen as you're there do you know how likely it is that for people to get their first choice?
Original post by schenker
I mentioned this before but, seen as you're there do you know how likely it is that for people to get their first choice?

As far as I'm aware you stand a better chance of getting in the earlier you hit submit. My first 6 or so choices were different combinations of Talybont rooms, and so although I didn't get my first choice (I was actually quite late in fairness) I still got in Taly which is where I wanted to be.
Reply 118
Original post by EmperorMustard
As far as I'm aware you stand a better chance of getting in the earlier you hit submit. My first 6 or so choices were different combinations of Talybont rooms, and so although I didn't get my first choice (I was actually quite late in fairness) I still got in Taly which is where I wanted to be.

What would you class as 'late'?
Original post by jesstonto
What would you class as 'late'?

I honestly don't know, I can't remember when I submitted. Just do it ASAP and hopefully you'll be alright

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending