The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University September 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by welshfrankie
I would assume they'll take into consideration your predicted grades in the other subjects etc. They probably wouldn't hold it against you too much. Why not consider carrying it on and resitting the exam in January? Universities cannot see your AS grade if you're doing a subject for A2 as far as I'm aware (this is what I was told by the person handling the UCAS stuff at my school).

I'm not sure.

But if they know I do English Literature, Sociology Psychology and History obviously they're going to give me an offer based on AAA English Literature/History/Psychology which would **** me up completely. And because I'm bad at English, I might scrape a C because I got a high B in my coursework.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Plutonium
Okay, well I have attempted to attach some photos of Senghennydd Court, Cardiff Bay and The Physics/various other subjects building. I haven't got any pictures of actual rooms, mainly just buildings. I only went for a quick visit when I remembered to take photos, I forgot to take any on the visit day haha :smile:
SAM_1713.jpgSAM_1726.jpgSAM_1743.jpgSAM_1745.jpgSAM_1748.jpgSAM_1747.jpgSAM_1753.jpg

Torchwood tower <3 :colone:
Original post by Miracle Day
I'm not sure.

But if they know I do English Literature, Sociology Psychology and History obviously they're going to give me an offer based on AAA English Literature/History/Psychology which would **** me up completely. And because I'm bad at English, I might scrape a C because I got a high B in my coursework.

A friend of mine who did 4 A-levels this year was offered AAA or BBBB for Law. I think, I'll check next time I speak to her :tongue:
Original post by welshfrankie
A friend of mine who did 4 A-levels this year was offered AAA or BBBB for Law. I think, I'll check next time I speak to her :tongue:

It says they give AABB offers but I don't think it's BBBB.

And I don't think I can get a B in Lit.
Reply 164
Okay, well I have attempted to attach some photos of Senghennydd Court, Cardiff Bay and The Physics/various other subjects building. I haven't got any pictures of actual rooms, mainly just buildings. I only went for a quick visit when I remembered to take photos, I forgot to take any on the visit day haha :smile:
SAM_1713.jpgSAM_1726.jpgSAM_1743.jpgSAM_1745.jpgSAM_1748.jpgSAM_1747.jpgSAM_1753.jpg

Thank you sooooo much!They are great pictures btw!They actually look really nice!So,to make it clear,you don't have pics but you have visited the rooms?If yes,how do they look like?Are they too small?Have you even visited people living there?

P.S. Sorry for asking many questions!:smile:
Reply 165
Original post by mar0ulihp
Thank you sooooo much!They are great pictures btw!They actually look really nice!So,to make it clear,you don't have pics but you have visited the rooms?If yes,how do they look like?Are they too small?Have you even visited people living there?

P.S. Sorry for asking many questions!:smile:

Aww thanks :smile: I don't have any pictures, but I have seen the rooms. They are a bit smaller than I expected, but they comfortably fit in a bed, desk and wardrobe. Tbh, how much time will we spend there anyway? It's only for a year. I have visited a friend who lives in Colum! It was really nice there. I don't mind answering any questions :smile:
Reply 166
Torchwood tower <3 :colone:

Is it bad that Torchwood/Doctor Who was my main reason for originally considering Cardiff? :smile:
Reply 167
Aww thanks :smile: I don't have any pictures, but I have seen the rooms. They are a bit smaller than I expected, but they comfortably fit in a bed, desk and wardrobe. Tbh, how much time will we spend there anyway? It's only for a year. I have visited a friend who lives in Colum! It was really nice there. I don't mind answering any questions :smile:

Haha!Thanks!Yes this is so true!Colum is my second choice!But I hope I get into Seng because the location is way better and so is the price!:smile:Have you also visited the Chemistry department or you only visited the astrophysics one?
Is it bad that Torchwood/Doctor Who was my main reason for originally considering Cardiff? :smile:

Yeah :tongue:
Senghennydd Court is my first choice too :smile: Astrophysics!

Sociology and criminology + I've chosen Senghenydd Court too :smile:
Reply 170
anyone thinking of talybont south?
Heya anybody joining MBA in september
I have received conditional letter from cardiff for the same.
Reply 172
Original post by Sophiem9412

oooohhhhhhh nice subjects!!especially criminology! Yes people!Senghennydd all the way!
Reply 173
I firmed my offer for the MMath course a couple of months ago, and I sent off my residences application two months ago. First choice is Senghennydd Hall, I hope I get it!
Reply 174
Original post by mar0ulihp
Haha!Thanks!Yes this is so true!Colum is my second choice!But I hope I get into Seng because the location is way better and so is the price!:smile:Have you also visited the Chemistry department or you only visited the astrophysics one?

Colum is rather nice! I like the kitchen layout (bit weird, I know). I have only visited the physics and engineering buildings i'm afraid.
Reply 175
Yeah :tongue:

Yes, well I love both shows and have wanted to live in Cardiff for years. You're located in Cardiff! I'm so jealous (I just looked at the little info bit, not stalking promise). Bring on September!
Reply 176
Original post by sumoruman
I firmed my offer for the MMath course a couple of months ago, and I sent off my residences application two months ago. First choice is Senghennydd Hall, I hope I get it!

Original post by Sophiem9412

Hello Senghennydd people! I really hope I get in there :smile: Cool subjects.
Reply 177
Original post by sumoruman

another maths person! :smile:
Original post by zlg23

Yes! :biggrin:
Original post by zlg23

Yup

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending