Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What Is The Nature Of Energy?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _saleri_)
    From our perception, the things we can see be an explanation for what rules our world? But why would the way we perceive the world
    As I said, I'm not too concerned about the way the world is ruled. Don't take me wrong, it's interesting, but it is useless to discuss something that cannot be tested for nothing will ever come from it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viriol)
    As I said, I'm not too concerned about the way the world is ruled. Don't take me wrong, it's interesting, but it is useless to discuss something that cannot be tested for nothing will ever come from it.
    Hm, fair enough.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizzar)
    Energy comes in different forms, i.e kinetic, light etc but essentially all energy is energy, reading up on my biology I've found that in essence all forms of energy detected by the body are converted by various sensory receptors (acting as energy transducers) into electrical energy in the form of action potential . Now all action potentials are of the same magnitude +40 mv, so weather you see a bright light/ hear a loud noise, the action potential is the same, the only thing that makes light and sound seem different to us is the difference in the various pathways created by synapses in the nervous system, apart from that they are the same. So in conclusion, does this mean that essentially all energy forms are the same? I.e the only thing that makes 'sound' different from 'light' is a mere neurological pathway?
    This is essentially a question of physics. The answer to that question can theoretically be answer using the scientific method. Philosophy is versatile, I know, but that does not mean that you can put any question in the Philosophy sub-forum?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 28, 2012
New on TSR

A-Level Results Day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.