The Student Room Group

Product Design 2012 applicants

Hi everyone!

Just noticed how there are sooo little threads for this course so I decided to start a new one >:]
we cannot be overpowered by those other threads!

so who else is doing this course?
Where abouts?

welcoming anyone doing Product Design BA / BSc / BEng too so lets get talking! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So ive applied for BA at:

Nottingham Trent - Conditional offer
Coventry
De Montfort
CSM
Huddersfield

any1 else joining me in from the list? :smile:
Reply 2
Im at coventry in my first year of Product design :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by spaceguy
Im at coventry in my first year of Product design :biggrin:

r u? :O how is it there?
Reply 4
Original post by 12win12

Original post by 12win12
r u? :O how is it there?

Gr8 ta, lots of sketching in the first term!
Reply 5
i wouldnt mind that, trains my drawing techniques... havent been given much guidance in school which doesnt always help :/
Reply 6
ah i was same really :/ I'd never held a marker pen until a couple of months back!
Reply 7
haha im started to training on those promarkers, amazing as they r, sure requires alot of practice...
so where abouts r u from? :smile:
Reply 8
What's it like sorry if I'm bumping a thread a stupid tsr mod decided to pick me up on it for no reason
It's like being back at school note I'm at college
Reply 9
Original post by Aylish
What's it like sorry if I'm bumping a thread a stupid tsr mod decided to pick me up on it for no reason
It's like being back at school note I'm at college

lol thats ok, r u on about coventry?
Reply 10
Original post by 12win12

Original post by 12win12
haha im started to training on those promarkers, amazing as they r, sure requires alot of practice...
so where abouts r u from? :smile:

yeh im still getting the hang of them, from Stoke-on-Trent area wbu?
Reply 11
im from london, want to move away so badly... XD
Reply 12
Awesome, haha. I was quite the oposite but now im glad i have, more independance :biggrin:
Reply 13
its always nice to have more independence, allows you to view the world in a different way too if ya get what i mean hehe
Reply 14
Original post by 12win12
lol thats ok, r u on about Coventry?

no im just on about any uni that does this subject
Reply 15
Original post by 12win12
So ive applied for BA at:

Nottingham Trent - Conditional offer
Coventry
De Montfort
CSM
Huddersfield

any1 else joining me in from the list? :smile:

I have applyied for BA at:

Nottingham Trent
De montfort
Sheffield hallam
Hertfordshire
Portsmouth - conditional offer

I have interviews at all the others coming up. Just wondering did you have a interview at Nottingham Trent if so how was it, what did you put in your portfolio aswell? my interview for nottingham trent is on the 1st of feb.:s-smilie:
Reply 16
Original post by J4TiZzle
I have applyied for BA at:

Nottingham Trent
De montfort
Sheffield hallam
Hertfordshire
Portsmouth - conditional offer

I have interviews at all the others coming up. Just wondering did you have a interview at Nottingham Trent if so how was it, what did you put in your portfolio aswell? my interview for nottingham trent is on the 1st of feb.:s-smilie:

ah ive been to the interview at nottingham trent. i was quite happy with it since they refurbished the interior parts of the old building which was nice. as for the portfolio, just follow the list on the sheet they posted you and you should be fine :wink: when i went they did have 1 of the lecturers speak to you face to face so make sure you know what to say back to them.

just did my interview with huddersfield today, and guess wat IM IN! :biggrin:
got De Montfort and Coventry interviews coming soon tho
Reply 17
So was the interview hard in any way did they ask any difficult questions?.
Reply 18
nah it was just u n the interviewer talking casually about why u like the course, why pick there and u no all the usual questions, n then u talk them through your portfolio. although i did think they were gna make us ditch our portfolio somewhere for them to view n we wander of elsewhere while they look at them. so be prepared if such happens which is what huddersfield did. as long as u have interesting sketchbooks, ur gna b fine (my interviewer likes seeing sketchbooks usually)
Reply 19
Also what piece of written work did you take with you? I havent done any proper writing stuff since GCSE English.

Quick Reply

Latest