The Student Room Group

Do you find Benedict Cumberbatch attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Schmokie Dragon
I guess he kinda qualifies as sexy-ugly. He is attractive in Sherlock because of his character but he's not my physical preference. I know a few people who are into him in a big way, though.

Now, Matt Smith on the other hand *swoons*

I mean really? The guy looks like his face is made out of plasticine. I think he looks like wallace out of wallace and gromit. Add hair and you'd never notice the difference.

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 81
I don't know. I haven't watched Sherlock (I need to) but quite a lot of Sherlock stuff appears on my tumblr dash and he is quite good-looking in those. But when I see other photos of him he looks awful.

Regardless... He needs to appear in Downton Abbey.

I was thinking - yes I just watched the DA Christmas special - that Benedict would make a fantastic guest in the next season. Just for an episode. Side-part his lush ginger curls, wear a high collar, a silk vest and smoke cigarettes. To appear, to rock Downton Abbey and to leave it in shambles. I want a sex scandal. I want him to seduce Thomas until his knees turn to jelly. I want him light-fingered and silver-tongued, slipping gold rings off of unsuspescting fingers, nicking diamond brooches. I want him to swindle Lady Grantham of a large sum of money and leave her thorougly amused. And I want everyone to love and worship him, the charming bastard that he is. That’s all.

http://faensoundslikefun.tumblr.com/post/14833078473/clios-stroke-of-genius

It has to happen! :woo:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by Hravan
I don't know. I haven't watched Sherlock (I need to) but quite a lot of Sherlock stuff appears on my tumblr dash and he is quite good-looking in those. But when I see other photos of him he looks awful.

Regardless... He needs to appear in Downton Abbey.

It has to happen! :woo:

He's one of those people that isn't particularly photogenic but looks amazing in motion.
Reply 84
Original post by Siân.
He's one of those people that isn't particularly photogenic but looks amazing in motion.

Precisely this.
I think his actual personality in Sherlock and real life...
but physically, no. :eek4:
Reply 86
Yes
Original post by Eveiebaby

I mean really? The guy looks like his face is made out of plasticine. I think he looks like wallace out of wallace and gromit. Add hair and you'd never notice the difference.

He does look a bit like Odo from Deep Space 9.

It's his looks (which I think are nice, if quirky) combined with his facial mannerisms and voice. Nom.
Original post by Shippy
No. In fact his face is quite frightening because of how odd it is. Not that there's anything wrong with that, i just don't fancy him.

:rofl: I love the really casual way you say 'In fact his face is quite frightening', not being sarcastic or anything, it just really made me laugh for some reason.

Just thought I'd share :dontknow:
Reply 89
Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
:rofl: I love the really casual way you say 'In fact his face is quite frightening', not being sarcastic or anything, it just really made me laugh for some reason.

Just thought I'd share :dontknow:

ahahaha, well it is a bit scary, i've never seen a face quite like it!
Reply 90
Yes, even more so when he is Sherlock, very very attractive :smile:
:O! *swooon* Yes very much so C:
Reply 92
Original post by Shippy
ahahaha, well it is a bit scary, i've never seen a face quite like it!

I think that's part of why he's so attractive to me, but then I've always kind of been one for the "unconventionally attractive" men.
Reply 93
Original post by Siân.

Oh I know. That's what I was getting at.

I see things like this:

and this:

and this:

and I'm like this:

But then I see things like this:

and I'm like this:

Reply 94
Original post by Hravan
Oh I know. That's what I was getting at.

I see things like this:

and this:

and this:

and I'm like this:

But then I see things like this:

and I'm like this:

:biggrin:

Good photos of him do exist, though. For example:

Ahem.

And

And

And

And, um

I might have a got a little bit carried away there :K:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 95
I love watson moreee
Very good looking but not my type :rolleyes:
Reply 97
Original post by ilovetuna
I love watson moreee

Eh, I adore Martin Freeman but I'd want to give him a hug, not... anything else.
I find Sherlock attractive, in all his shapes and forms so that includes BC. And Robert Downey Junior. Such long eyelashes. :love: But outside of his role as Sherlock he doesn't have the same appeal. Especially not in Starter for Ten. And as brilliant as he is in Amazing Grace, he can't compete with Ioan Gruffudd. Not like this:

Spoiler

Original post by Eveiebaby

I love Matt Smith though! It's the eyes. Always the eyes.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest