The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F214 25th January REACTION?

How did you all find it? :smile:
Thought it was an alright paper!
The respiration/photosynthesis was a bit hard.

Scroll to see replies

I thought it was alright too but I didn't like the experiment question.
I wrote some really stupid things for that.
Loved the rest though!
Reply 2
Original post by anonymous_angel_16
I thought it was alright too but I didn't like the experiment question.
I wrote some really stupid things for that.
Loved the rest though!

What did you write for the very first 6 mark question about negative feedback controlling glucose concentrations?
:smile:
Original post by Shabba101
What did you write for the very first 6 mark question about negative feedback controlling glucose concentrations?
:smile:

I wrote the whole story lol.
Everything about insulin and glycogen.
Reply 4

I wrote the whole story lol.
Everything about insulin and glycogen.

How did you manage that in the space given?
I just wrote about insuling
Increase in Blood Glucose Levels, More Atp made in beta cells, trigger release of Insulin, Blood glucose goes down, Less insulin secreted - thats the jist of my answer for that question
Reply 5
What did people put for the outer structure of the chloroplast, do you think they will allow outer membrane?
Reply 6
Also what did guys put for the calculation question and the microscopic picture where it had the glomerulus and you had to identify the structures?
Reply 7
Also what did you guys put for the calculation question on respiration, did u divide the volume by 60 and what did people put for the structures in the microscopic picture when they said one of them is the glomerulus.
Reply 8
hi tamuno

i got outer membrane for the choloroplst

i wantd to know the rate of rspiration increases with temperature.

wat did u put for that
so was I the only one who thought it was a disaster? omg, hate life
Reply 10
Original post by drsher

For the respiration increases with temperature, I talked about an increase in kinetic energy, how the movement of hydrogen ions and chemiosmosis increase so ATP can be produced quickly. What did you put?
Reply 11
FINALLY OCR HAS GIVEN US A NICE PAPER! :biggrin: the only questions that i wasn't sure about were the type 2 diabetes question, the respirometer, i didnt know what the stimulus for smell and taste was, but now i know ><" oh and i completely forgot about the chloroplast envelope, i knew it wasn't the cell wall but i couldn't think of the word! so i put cell surface membrane even though i knew it was wrong :frown: so i've lost a few marks, but it wasn't too bad :smile: i hope i still get an A.
Reply 12
For the calculation question did u guys do the volume/60s
Reply 13
Anyone..?
Reply 14
Original post by Tamuno
Anyone..?

Answer was 0.014 :smile:

I divided by 20!
Reply 15
I thought it was hard!
The exam was only yesterday and I've already forgotten everything about it lol. Its what a chemistry exam does to you.
For the calculation question I remember dividing the difference by 20.
For the kidney diagram question I wrote collecting duct but I know its wrong. Its supposed to proximal convoluted tubule or distal, I've been told.
(edited 12 years ago)
Glass Beads? We've never been taught anything really about anything that question was about!
I didn't know the stimuli for nose or tongue either.
It was a very... weird paper.
Original post by Tamuno
Also what did you guys put for the calculation question on respiration, did u divide the volume by 60 and what did people put for the structures in the microscopic picture when they said one of them is the glomerulus.

it was divided my 20 as it was per minute and there were 20 minutes. double checked it with the other calculations
Reply 19
What did you guys put for the question about blood plasma and what the function of the DNA and ribosomes is in the chloroplast?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending