The Student Room Group

Whats up with the Cornell Partnership?

They always phone. They don't have computers

They just want to chat with you

Apparently 'tell me about your interests in XYZ and investment banking' is not an interview but the kind of chit chat question you could have with anyone

They presume because you phoned you have time to talk to them/ have an interview

The email they send just adds to the mystery and suspense, so I am going to phone you even if I don't have time to talk
Reply 1
Don't Jefferies hire through these guys?
Reply 2
Original post by fail@maths
Don't Jefferies hire through these guys?

Think so

I don't see why can't they be like everyone else and arrange for a phone chat instead of trying to call u out of the blue
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Bloodbath
Think so

I don't see why can't they be like everyone else and arrange for a phone chat instead of trying to call u out of the blue

They are notoriously douches....

I remember reading a huge rant thread about them in the Nicube days. Never had any involvement with them personally, but I've heard bad things.
Reply 4
Original post by fail@maths
They are notoriously douches....

I remember reading a huge rant thread about them in the Nicube days. Never had any involvement with them personally, but I've heard bad things.

I've actually met some the Cornell Partnership people in person. They seem all right but I think the way they go about their recruitment process is retarded. If I was a bank I wouldn't use them.

Do you have a link to the rant?
Reply 5
Never had issues with them and thought they were very helpful.
Reply 6
Original post by Bloodbath
I've actually met some the Cornell Partnership people in person. They seem all right but I think the way they go about their recruitment process is retarded. If I was a bank I wouldn't use them.

At least they'll never be as bad as Credit Suisse HR.
I've met them and chatted with Charles (the main guy) on a few occasions; they seem pretty good and give decent advice. What is anyone problem with them? In terms of phoning, i guess they just see it as more personal.

Also, for anyone's information, they used to recruit for Jefferies, until Jefferies got big enough to recruit for itself. Now you have to apply directly to Jefferies.
Reply 8
They don't reply to emails at all. I'm not gonna even bother with my first round as I have never met HRs/recruiters as unprofessional as that
A friend of mine had similar problems. Maybe, they are too busy or understaffed?
Original post by thebluedog
They don't reply to emails at all. I'm not gonna even bother with my first round as I have never met HRs/recruiters as unprofessional as that

lol dude, unless you already have an offer, take what you are given in this climate.
Original post by Inflation
lol dude, unless you already have an offer, take what you are given in this climate.

Agreed, if you cut your nose off to spite your face in this market, you're foolish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending