The Student Room Group

Do you think that the Royal Mail and NHS shouble be privatised?

Poll

Do you think that the Royal Mail and NHS shouble be privatised?

I was wondering what everyone thought?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Otkem does.

I do not.
Reply 2
I get my mail when I want to and had to troubles yet with the NHS so yeah...
Royal Mail may as well, it's not like cost of stamps are going to go through the roof. Perhaps the same with the NHS, it depends how much health insurance costs.
The Royal Mail should, but NHS shouldn't.
No to both.
The issue with Royal Mail is that it would be very difficult to make a profit, and would no doubt result in more junk mail (as they get paid quite a bit to deliver that) and many post offices shutting.
I hope I don't have to give an argument regarding the NHS, but mainly, everyone should have access to healthcare no matter how much (or how little) money they have.
Reply 6
Original post by WelshBluebird
No to both.
The issue with Royal Mail is that it would be very difficult to make a profit, and would no doubt result in more junk mail (as they get paid quite a bit to deliver that) and many post offices shutting.
I hope I don't have to give an argument regarding the NHS, but mainly, everyone should have access to healthcare no matter how much (or how little) money they have.

Making people pay for their healthcare is a good motivator in life as it forces them to better themselves to afford it. I'm just thinking of the general public tbh.
Original post by Otkem
Making people pay for their healthcare is a good motivator in life as it forces them to better themselves to afford it. I'm just thinking of the general public tbh.

I'm born into a poor family.
I get sick.
I can't afford a doctor.
I can't go to school/work etc. to get money to afford a doctor.
I get more sick.
I still can't afford a doctor.
I still can't earn any money.
Repeat until I die.

Brilliant!
Original post by Otkem

Needless to say - that is rubbish.
You think people should suffer and die if they cannot afford expensive medical costs.
Shows how much of a human being you are.
I think yes to the Royal Mail but only partial privatisation of the NHS. Don't quote me either, I can't honestly be bothered providing reasons why since I'm trolling on YouTube atm.
Yes to royal mail. It's a dinosaur and belongs in the dustbin of history. Private courier companies (fed ex, ups) are out competing it.

Probably partly yes to the NHS, the private sector is far more efficient since it actually needs to make a profit,the NHS wastes huge amounts of money
because privatizing the trains worked so well:rolleyes:
Reply 12
Original post by HarveyCanis
I think yes to the Royal Mail but only partial privatisation of the NHS. Don't quote me either, I can't honestly be bothered providing reasons why since I'm trolling on YouTube atm.

You sir, have just been quoted :colone:

I actually agree that some parts of the NHS should be privatized and people should have to pay for things that aren't necessary i.e. optional cesareans.

I don't really have an opinion on whether RM should be privatized though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Royal Mail: Yes
NHS: NO
Reply 14
Original post by Otkem

moron, not going to argue with you this time, you cant defeat selfishness like yours
Reply 15
Original post by Otkem

PRSOM. :frown:. Yours and Rds posts are about the only ones on here that make sense.
Reply 16
Original post by DYKWIA
PRSOM. :frown:. Yours and Rds posts are about the only ones on here that make sense.

your another selfish moron whos happy to see the poor and unfortunate die "because i dont like central government"
Original post by WelshBluebird
No to both.

That's one of your arguments against making the Royal Mail private?

:rofl:

Is it really that hard to just put that junk mail in the ****ing bin?
Reply 18
Original post by alex5455
your another selfish moron whos happy to see the poor and unfortunate die "because i dont like central government"

It leads to a more efficient workforce. If you want evidence, the US ranks almost top for HDI and top for GDP.
Reply 19
Original post by DYKWIA
It leads to a more efficient workforce. If you want evidence, the US ranks almost top for HDI and top for GDP.

yet norway the top of the HDI has state healthcare....... you otkem and rds are selfish leeches, you dont car about anyone else youd quite happily walk past someone dying in the gutter, and say he didnt work hard enough.

ever done a days voluntary work to help others in your life?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending