Scroll to see replies

I was going to suggest either this or "The War of the Ring" so yei. :smile:
Reply 2
Can we aim to start the next new thread on May the 4th? :biggrin:
You in london on Fri then teapot? I will send out a PM :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by IlexAquifolium
You in london on Fri then teapot? I will send out a PM :smile:

:yep: I'll be in a library somewhere but sure I could grab a drink (am meeting a friend early evening :smile: )
Reply 5
Bloody spammers, the pair of you!

With regards to my dissertation appeal, for those that are interested, I eventually spoke with the man from Bristol last night.

To cut a long story short, it was impossible for him to award me a distinction quickly. If the mark had been borderline then this is what he would have done. And I am glad that he addressed the issue of grades rather than me; I implied, but he explicitly said my coursework marks were high and it was obvious that I would have been aiming for a distinction.

We came to an agreement that the best way for me to achieve a distinction would be for me to resubmit my dissertation. This is not what I wanted in principle, but he bent over backwards to accommodate my circumstances and I think it has worked out favourably. Basically, I will be allocated two supervisors and be given a rolling deadline. I work with the aim of meeting whichever exam board best suits my circumstances. He gave three dates to potentially aim for: end of May; middle of June; or the middle of November. But he suggested that if I went further than this then it becomes impractical in the sense that I will end up graduating in 2013 or 2014. I do not have to say which deadline I am going for, and if I do and then feel I am going to struggle to meet it then I simply tell them I want it to be extended. They are working on the assumption that I am dedicating minimal hours to the dissertation, because of the baby and full-time work.

Technically, this means I am a student again... I am unsure whether this symbolises new hope or me striking back (yes, I am that corny)! :confused: :tongue:
:biggrin:

I am looking forward to the ewoks in the next thread :p:
Nice.
'Jar jar made the ewoks look like ****ing shaft!'

(re-watching Spaced).

Well done evantej. It seems like that's probably the most reasonable thing they can do without publicly admitting how badly they screwed up.
Original post by evantej
Bloody spammers, the pair of you!

With regards to my dissertation appeal, for those that are interested, I eventually spoke with the man from Bristol last night.

To cut a long story short, it was impossible for him to award me a distinction quickly. If the mark had been borderline then this is what he would have done. And I am glad that he addressed the issue of grades rather than me; I implied, but he explicitly said my coursework marks were high and it was obvious that I would have been aiming for a distinction.

We came to an agreement that the best way for me to achieve a distinction would be for me to resubmit my dissertation. This is not what I wanted in principle, but he bent over backwards to accommodate my circumstances and I think it has worked out favourably. Basically, I will be allocated two supervisors and be given a rolling deadline. I work with the aim of meeting whichever exam board best suits my circumstances. He gave three dates to potentially aim for: end of May; middle of June; or the middle of November. But he suggested that if I went further than this then it becomes impractical in the sense that I will end up graduating in 2013 or 2014. I do not have to say which deadline I am going for, and if I do and then feel I am going to struggle to meet it then I simply tell them I want it to be extended. They are working on the assumption that I am dedicating minimal hours to the dissertation, because of the baby and full-time work.

Technically, this means I am a student again... I am unsure whether this symbolises new hope or me striking back (yes, I am that corny)! :confused: :tongue:

That sounds quite good, though I have no experience of these things. I'm glad something came of your appeal though :yep:
Yay, like the title. Not much to say, just subscribing. Am also full of haggis, clootie dumpling and whisky.
Reply 11
Original post by evantej

Glad to hear you were able to agree on something that might be workable.
Reply 12
Original post by evantej
x

PRSOM.

glad to hear this... And also, when you get your distinction, you will know it was a "proper" one, something you had expressed concern about earlier. I presume you'll be reworking the same topic?
Reply 13
Original post by apotoftea

You need to edit the first post with links to the old threads! Just copy and paste the first post of "A New Hope" and link that thread in the post as well.

Also, Star Wars pictures.

:colone:

Original post by Feefifofum

I am looking forward to the ewoks in the next thread :p:

PRSOM. Me too :biggrin:
Original post by Becca
You need to edit the first post with links to the old threads! Just copy and paste the first post of "A New Hope" and link that thread in the post as well.

Sorry, I already fixed it.
Reply 15
Have arranged a meeting to talk to super tomorrow morning. Am now painstakingly making tables and **** so I have on paper exactly everything I know, to explain why I'm doing what I am doing and cover every base I can think of.

And once I'm done invigilating I am going to use my Costa points to buy an unnecessarily large hot chocolate :colone:
Reply 16
Original post by Cirsium

And once I'm done invigilating I am going to use my Costa points to buy an unnecessarily appropriately large hot chocolate :colone:

Fixed it for you :wink:.

My daughter's home :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by sj27

Fixed it for you :wink:.

My daughter's home :smile:

Yay, so happy for you! You must be glad to have her home!

MY god I'd kill for a proper hot chocolate right now.

This picture should totally be in the first post only someone should photoshop it so it says GOGs instead (I am technologically challenged):
Reply 18
Original post by Becca
Yay, so happy for you! You must be glad to have her home!

MY god I'd kill for a proper hot chocolate right now.

This picture should totally be in the first post:

If you edit it to say 'GOG' instead of 'Empire', I will.:wink:
Reply 19
Original post by hobnob
If you edit it to say 'GOG' instead of 'Empire', I will.:wink:

See my edited post...I have no idea how to do that! :frown:

Latest