The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3700
Original post by obi_adorno_kenobi
To quote a famous Norwich-City supporting fictional radio presenter: ah ha!

Also:

Cardiff, Illinois
Cardiff, Maryland
Cardiff, New Jersey
Cardiff, New York
Cardiff, Pennsylvania
Cardiff, Tennessee

Yes, but I particularly liked Cardiff, Alabama because of its size.
'What do you mean, you've never heard of it? That place is massive, man!'
Original post by hobnob
Yes, but I particularly liked Cardiff, Alabama because of its size.
'What do you mean, you've never heard of it? That place is massive, man!'

Could you imagine dating in that town though:

For every 100 females there were 86.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 88.2 males.

She'd literally have to be the town's floosie.
Reply 3702
Could you imagine dating in that town though:

For every 100 females there were 86.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 88.2 males.

She'd literally have to be the town's floosie.

Or the town's granny. Or both...
Original post by hobnob
Or the town's granny. Or both...

Let's just assume she's of legal age and let shagging dogs lie...
Reply 3704
I'm feeling inadequate - all this article talk and friends submitting chapters...
Original post by hobnob
:console:
At least you've got it, though. I've been waiting for my first journal rejection for nearly four months now!

I sent my first paper off to a journal on Friday. I will exist in blissful ignorance for a while :cool:
Reply 3706
Original post by scarlet ibis
I sent my first paper off to a journal on Friday. I will exist in blissful ignorance for a while :cool:

Do you think you'll hear before the end of the calendar year?:biggrin:
Original post by hobnob
Do you think you'll hear before the end of the calendar year?:biggrin:

Not a clue! The whole process was so antiquated though - had to submit four hard copies with the digital file on "a CD or floppy disc" :rolleyes:
Original post by apotoftea
I'm feeling inadequate - all this article talk and friends submitting chapters...

:console: :hugs: :console:

Not to worry: likeliness is I will never have anything published in my name. (Unless it's a tell-all book about my time at Oxford :wink: ) Though I still live in hope that my dissertation supervisor (co-editor of the Popular Music journal) will decide that I'm the best thing since sliced bread and that my Glee dissertation should be article-fied and published :colondollar:
Original post by scarlet ibis
Not a clue! The whole process was so antiquated though - had to submit four hard copies with the digital file on "a CD or floppy disc" :rolleyes:

good luck :smile:

I'm sick :frown: One week before my dissertation submission date and a few weeks before my final exams, I am sick! So annoying :frown:
Reply 3710
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:console: :hugs: :console:

Not to worry: likeliness is I will never have anything published in my name. (Unless it's a tell-all book about my time at Oxford :wink: ) Though I still live in hope that my dissertation supervisor (co-editor of the Popular Music journal) will decide that I'm the best thing since sliced bread and that my Glee dissertation should be article-fied and published :colondollar:

Haha thanks, just have to keep reminding myself I only started in January :redface:

And I'm sure you will, there's a market for a popular edition of the history of Abba surely? :biggrin: Just see you signing copies in Waterstone's :wink:
Reply 3711
Haha thanks, just have to keep reminding myself I only started in January :redface:

And I'm sure you will, there's a market for a popular edition of the history of Abba surely? :biggrin: Just see you singing copies in Waterstone's :wink:

Fixed.:flute:

And I'm sure you will, there's a market for a popular edition of the history of Abba surely? :biggrin: Just see you signing copies in Waterstone's :wink:

That's the spirit. Keep positive: your time will come, I'm sure! :h:
Reply 3713
That's the spirit. Keep positive: your time will come, I'm sure! :h:

Actually the whole point of our posts was that our time hasn't come yet either...
Original post by hobnob

Aye, she'd be having the time of her life...

*uhem*
Reply 3715

*uhem*

I reckon she'd rather be the dancing queen, but perhaps the two could be combined?
Original post by hobnob

*uhem*

:ahee:

Original post by hobnob
I reckon she'd rather be the dancing queen, but perhaps the two could be combined?

:yep:

Original post by hobnob
Actually the whole point of our posts was that our time hasn't come yet either...

The time will come from everyone. You just gotta have faith (faith! faith!) :yep:
Original post by hobnob

I didn't wish to cast whatitsname on her sexualität. Voulez-vous?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3718
The time will come from everyone. You just gotta have faith (faith! faith!) :yep:

But I do, I do, I do. And I have confidence in me.

(And I'll stop it right here, because I'm embarrassed I even remember those lines...):p:
Original post by hobnob
But I do, I do, I do. And I have confidence in me.

(And I'll stop it right here, because I'm embarrassed I even remember those lines...):p:

:awesome: :dance: :cool:

I've got my fingers crossed for all of you. I know I'm just an idealistic, naive Masters student but I like to think that everyone will have their chance to shine :moon:

Latest

Trending

Trending