The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hobnob
Wasn't the_alba among the top posters as well, though?
Edit: Ah, just spotted her. Silly me.

Yes, the technical credits are in a larger font. I quite like Drogue as Yoda though.
Reply 61
Original post by IlexAquifolium
Yes, the technical credits are in a larger font. I quite like Drogue as Yoda though.

:yep:
More words, though, he uses...
Original post by hobnob
I just tried to edit it into the initial post, but I couldn't find a way of making the image show up in a sensible size.:frown:

Attached - 800 x 800, which should be OK I think.

(edited 12 years ago)
I can't see the new one at all. It doesn't come up in the post except as a thumbnail. :frown: but I can see the old ones...:confused:

Edit: I can see the smaller one. I'm just sad to have joined too late to be credited!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by scarlet ibis
I can't see the new one at all. It doesn't come up in the post except as a thumbnail. :frown: but I can see the old ones...:confused:

Can you see it in the initial post now?

That's cos I didn't put the attachment as an image link in the body of the post :smile:
Reply 66
I'm just sad to have joined too late to be credited!

:console:
If you spam enough, you'll feature in the next one, though.
That's cos I didn't put the attachment as an image link in the body of the post :smile:

No, it wasn't working even when I clicked on it to open in a new window. Just my phone not coping I think. Smaller one is fine.
Original post by hobnob
:console:
If you spam enough, you'll feature in the next one, though.

I'll do my best! :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
No, it wasn't working even when I clicked on it to open in a new window. Just my phone not coping I think. Smaller one is fine.

Oh good!

Now beating myself up about how I could have done the fonts differently, so I am going to bed before I go loopy. (I've also been doing some website design for my boyfriend, so I've spent an evening fretting about pantones and typefaces, it does tend to drive you round the bend a bit in a way no sane person can understand...).

see some of you tomorrow - I should be available from 4 so give us a ring if you're around!
Oh good!

Now beating myself up about how I could have done the fonts differently, so I am going to bed before I go loopy. (I've also been doing some website design for my boyfriend, so I've spent an evening fretting about pantones and typefaces, it does tend to drive you round the bend a bit in a way no sane person can understand...).

see some of you tomorrow - I should be available from 4 so give us a ring if you're around!

Yay, see you soon. Hope you don't have bad dreams about being chased by giant typefaces!
The Force is strong with this one.
I clearly didn't spam the last thread enough either. I spend more timing lurking than actually posting...

Cracking job on the poster :biggrin:
Reply 72
I'm surprised that Chuck Norris wasn't top poster, but I assume this must have been intentional, because he didn't fancy being cast as 'the wimpy one'.:wink:
Original post by hobnob
I'm surprised that Chuck Norris wasn't top poster, but I assume this must have been intentional, because he didn't fancy being cast as 'the wimpy one'.:wink:

Luke's not wimpy 'Obnob. He has the force, his father had the force and his ... sister had the force.

[Hello once more to you, I got bored, so came back to spam like George Lucas]
Reply 74
Original post by obi_adorno_kenobi
Luke's not wimpy 'Obnob. He has the force, his father had the force and his ... sister had the force.

And his pet hamster? What about his pet hamster?
Original post by hobnob
And his pet hamster? What about his pet hamster?

His pet hamster was chuck norris.
Reply 76
I wish I were actually Darth Vader. Then I could use the force to crush my imbecile housemates and their friends who woke me up, and then yelled at my housemate who asked them to be quiet and pointed out that I was asleep in my room (by this stage it was too late and I could hear this). I have also remembered I have left my enzymes in my ice bucket, so have to be in even earlier than planned so I can put them away before supervisor gets in at 7. It's taking a lot of restraint not to just get a shower and go in to work now... I'd get more sleep there :moon:
Reply 77
Original post by hobnob
Meaning that in an educational context you don't judge them? Why not?:confused: It's such a dumb font...

I have used CS in an educational context. I used it on powerpoints for a class that was full of kids with learning difficulties, dyslexia etc. Now I use Calibri or Berlin or something.

Here you go. Credits in order of top posters in last thread, with one exception: I swapped with TLG so she gets the music credits :wink:

This is brilliant! I love that I am Chewbacca, because I am stupidly loud and hairy so it is particularly apt! :biggrin:
Aha! I'm Lando Calrisian. Diversity points :awesome:

Poster is brilliant! :biggrin:

Original post by obi_adorno_kenobi

[Hello once more to you, I got bored, so came back to spam like George Lucas]

Oh dear :facepalm: I knew you'd come back, but thought you'd have the sense to keep the same account Obi Adorno :poke: :p:
Reply 79
My kettle seems to have broken.:mad: The light is still burning, but only to mock me, so I had to use the manky kettle in the communal kitchen to make tea, and it's one of those stupidly-shaped ones that make you splash hot water everywhere. So now I'll have to go and buy a new kettle first thing, and that's not what I had planned to do with my day.
And the most annoying thing is that this bloody kettle was only about three years old! Gah!:motz: