The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9880
HAD to share this:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4067189561613

(And ref the above posts, now feeling worried that I didn't revise my research proposal enough. Though truth be told I lost count.)
Original post by Bluth.
:rofl: Know the feeling. I have read mine so many times that all the words have lost their meaning

Time for an ice cream break?

Scary thing, I don't even like ice cream. Pretty sure I was going to include it to sound smart.

Yeah...definitely time for a break. :s-smilie:
Reply 9882
Original post by The Lyceum
Scary thing, I don't even like ice cream. Pretty sure I was going to include it to sound smart.

Yeah...definitely time for a break. :s-smilie:

I would definitely advise against publicising the fact you don't like ice cream...that's a black mark in my book. :tongue:
Original post by Bluth.
I would definitely advise against publicising the fact you don't like ice cream...that's a black mark in my book. :tongue:

From the 55seconds mark, since its disabled embedding...
Original post by ice_cube
Christmas Eve. I don't have any extra time off over the holidays, mainly because I'm taking nearly 3 weeks off in Januuary to go back to the US, but also because my boss and other branch member have already booked it off, so I couldnt anyway.

Oh no! Rubbish :hugs:
Just think how awesome your trip to the US is going to be though!
Original post by ktr

Very snazzy that he gets an office! I like how eduroam means that you're automatically connected when you turn in wifi.

Yes, precisely :smile: So nice to be connected so quickly and effortlessly when in a new place.
Original post by scarlet ibis
eduroam doesn't work for me in Cambridge anymore. And even when it did work, I had to use a little widget bit of software to make it happen. Even that doesn't work any more!

I would really go and see UCS about that. They have a revamped office now with a nice help desk and things. I have absolutely no problem getting onto eduroam with my UEA log in in Cambridge, which means it definitely *can* work fine. I've never had to use any widget.
[QUOTE="Craghyrax;40577653"]

I would really go and see UCS about that. They have a revamped office now with a nice help desk and things. I have absolutely no problem getting onto eduroam with my UEA log in in Cambridge, which means it definitely *can* work fine. I've never had to use any widget.

I did that last year and it was them who showed me the widget. But it has stopped working recently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scarlet ibis
I did that last year and it was them who showed me the widget. But it has stopped working recently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It probably needs updating or isn't supported anymore, or something. Which login are you using?
Original post by Craghyrax
It probably needs updating or isn't supported anymore, or something. Which login are you using?

I've only got the UCL login :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Brainy guys I've a problem. Ok, I have to submit an application by 5pm EST (New Jersey) on the 15th. What is that UK time?

Now I know that GMT and ESt have a difference of 8 hours, I know I just need to do the basic maths but I'm so exhausted mentally I don't trust myself, so....I would be eternally grateful and owe you one (1) hot chocolate a la Lycee.
Brainy guys I've a problem. Ok, I have to submit an application by 5pm EST (New Jersey) on the 15th. What is that UK time?

Now I know that GMT and ESt have a difference of 8 hours, I know I just need to do the basic maths but I'm so exhausted mentally I don't trust myself, so....I would be eternally grateful and owe you one (1) hot chocolate a la Lycee.

EST is a five hour difference, isn't it? So it would be 10pm GMT.

West coast (whatever they call that time) is 8 hours behind, IIRC :yes:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
EST is a five hour difference, isn't it? So it would be 10pm GMT.

West coast (whatever they call that time) is 8 hours behind, IIRC :yes:

Oh, sorry, I misread, it says:

December 15 at 11:59:59 EST

When is that? :frown: I feel...sick. :frown:
Reply 9892
Oh, sorry, I misread, it says:

December 15 at 11:59:59 EST

When is that? :frown: I feel...sick. :frown:

16 Dec, 4.59am

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
So...one of the best scholars in my field, a former tutor of mine....I forgot to ask for a reference. So throughout my writing sample I quote his work. In my personal statement I mention the affect he had on my scholarship and process. He advised my thesis.

And I forgot to ask him. I just checked my inbox. and...well...yep I forgot to ask him. I'm pretty sure this is what my girlfriend means about me not being cut out for scholarship. I literally should have done nothing else but box when I finished secondary school.
Reply 9894
So...one of the best scholars in my field, a former tutor of mine....I forgot to ask for a reference. So throughout my writing sample I quote his work. In my personal statement I mention the affect he had on my scholarship and process. He advised my thesis.

And I forgot to ask him. I just checked my inbox. and...well...yep I forgot to ask him. I'm pretty sure this is what my girlfriend means about me not being cut out for scholarship. I literally should have done nothing else but box when I finished secondary school.

:frown: Is this for the application you need to get in on the 15th? How long do referees have to submit references? Is there still time to ask him? :hugs:

Well, if you know him as well as you say, I think you'd get away with a phone call to him and an 'I'm really sorry it's so late but I screwed up and can you please possibly.....' conversation, and an email saying the same grovelling things.

What have you to lose?
Aargh. Completion/moving day.
Original post by Cora Lindsay
Well, if you know him as well as you say, I think you'd get away with a phone call to him and an 'I'm really sorry it's so late but I screwed up and can you please possibly.....' conversation, and an email saying the same grovelling things.

What have you to lose?

Respect? No seriously, the reason we get on so well was as much that I would always work hard and smart and contribute as to anything personal. You're right though, it might be worth it.
Ring them, beg...
Ohhhh work Christmas party... how I dislike you intensely.

Latest

Trending

Trending