The Student Room Group

Getting up for 9am lectures

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by someonesomewherexx
Woke up at 6:30 for a 9:00am lecture, lecturer didn't show up :angry:

So now you have an excuse to not show up yourself too.

Tho there will be no excuse when you fail in the exams.
Original post by Spairos
So now you have an excuse to not show up yourself too.

Tho there will be no excuse when you fail in the exams.

Of course I would attend subsequent lectures, my post had nothing to do with exams. I was just expressing my displeasure at waking up that early for nothing :confused:
Original post by Acidedge
All this reminds me very much of Monty Python's The Four Yorkshiremen.

you were lucky...we didn't have a house, the best we had was a hole in the ground!
I cannot be the only one with 9 am lectures everyday O.O
Reply 184
Yes because waking up at 9am is so difficult :rolleyes:
Reply 185
Original post by MrHappy_J
you were lucky...we didn't have a house, the best we had was a hole in the ground!

That's the one. Although it was this line in particular: "We used to have to get up at half past ten at night, half an hour before we went to bed..."
Original post by Acidedge
That's the one. Although it was this line in particular: "We used to have to get up at half past ten at night, half an hour before we went to bed..."

i was going to quote that but then i decided not to :biggrin:

have you seen the more recent version with alan rickman? it's on youtube.
Reply 187
Original post by jsd26
I have an alarm on for 8.00, 8.05, 8.10, 8.15 etc until i wake up

You're struggling at 8.00? Man the **** up, I have to get up at half 6.
Reply 188
Original post by IB_19
Yes because waking up at 9am is so difficult :rolleyes:

You don't wake up at 9, you have to be there for that time. Moron.
Original post by Jordan_1
You don't wake up at 9, you have to be there for that time. Moron.

Beat me to it. :tongue:

I go to all of my 9am lectures, despite having to be up at 06:30 and, sometimes, it's a struggle, but I quite like being up early... I get a hell of a lot more done and feel like I've had a more valuable day than if I wake up at noon or whatever. :dontknow:
So are 9 am lectures basically half empty?
:tongue:
i have 3 9am and 2 10am starts this term, ive been to every one so far :proud: duno how long it'll last though :p: its a pain getting up early but once you get into a routine its not too bad :nah:
Vipassana meditation the night before

Not sure how it works, but I wake up feeling as if I'd been having a nap
I struggle to get up for 9ams just because of work. My timetable and shifts are just so all over the place that sleep can suffer. :sigh: If I have to be there, I am there though. maybe a minute or two late, but there.
Original post by Station
Does anyone else struggle with this?

I find that unless I make it a life style choice to go to bed early all the time I am unable to fall asleep early enough on the night before my 9am lectures. I just end up lieing in bed for about 5 hours or so.

I often end up staying awake all night just to attend them at times, but this is pretty draining both physically and mentally so I end up missing quite a few of them.

8:15 lectures are worse!
Reply 195
Original post by mrt23498
8:15 lectures are worse!

Jeez, if I had to get up for an 8:15 am lecture that means I need to wake up at 5:00 am to get there! :eek:

I only have one 9am lecture, I have to get up at around 6:00 am. The rest are around 10 or 11am so not too bad. :rolleyes:

The way I work it out is as long as I get up 3 hours before the lecture start I should get there on time.
Reply 196
One 9am start awake.. but I love the lecturer and module
No, it's really not difficult for me in the slightest. I normally wake up at 8 every day anyway. If you're having trouble sleeping, it probably means your not tired enough and then you get anxious about not sleeping. Don't set yourself a bed time, just sleep when you feel tired.
Original post by Brevillemonkey
Using your computer for prolonged periods of time (especially at night) can mess with your circadian rhythm, due to the colour temperature of computer monitors.

Bang goes the theory?
I have two 8am seminars and one 9am lecture. How do I do it? No idea. I basically zombie through the whole getting-up getting-dressed process so I have no recollection of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending