The Student Room Group

Has anyone from Oxbridge ever FAILED their course?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arbaaz
very very few. primarily because those who get into oxbridge are extremely clever thus explaining why the stastics are very low.
few people will probably get thirds, but they'll be in a minority and will usually improve their grades dramatically for the following year when they realize the implications.

I don't think it has to do with intelligence, as getting a degree is to me all about hardwork.
Getting into Oxbridge requires dedication, and yes, hardwork. I just think they stress you out so much and make you want it so bad that you're bound to push yourself the whole way through,....well...in most cases :P
I think it's generally quite hard to get through a whole course and then fail it - you'd have to spectacularly **** up your last set of exams. Usually a problem is found much sooner than that.

There's a guy on my degree who dropped out of Oxbridge because he didn't like it. He's so clever - would have been completely able to do the degree but chose to go somewhere else and do something he really liked.
Reply 22
From what my sister told me, not many fail but more than you'd expect drop out.
Original post by Wookie42
From what my sister told me, not many fail but more than you'd expect drop out.

Or degrade!
Reply 24
Its so sad to know that people choose suicide as a way of dealing with exam/degree pressure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending