The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2080
Was doing so well. Walked back home from buying food. Was just plain calm to the point that I was just enjoying myself. I could say I was feeling a bit cheerful.

Then I saw the bloody person.

Suddenly anger came in. Was boiling with anger. ****!! Bloody hell. I just wish... erggh!!!

**** you you bloody ****!!!!

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2081
:hello: Can I join, even though I haven't officially been diagnosed with depression?

:colondollar:
Original post by Sabertooth

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Emergency services. I can't believe they're making you wait this long as it is, it's a ****ing disgrace. You need rest and proper, organised care. It might be an idea to get someone you know to contact them (the emergency services) on your behalf and make your case for you if they're not taking you seriously
The emergency services? But I'm not having a heart attack or anything. I dunno, maybe I'll call the samaritans again. :banghead: I just need a rest that's all.
The emergency services? But I'm not having a heart attack or anything. I dunno, maybe I'll call the samaritans again. :banghead: I just need a rest that's all.

No, psychosis and this level of sleep deprivation is serious and life threatening. No one should have to tolerate this alone for another three weeks, it is literally torture. Call the crisis team or go to A and E before things get worse, please.
Another nightmare, another morning overslept, I dreamt last night I had to save this girl from drowning...

Spoiler

Original post by diamonddust
Hey guys, can I come back to the soc? ;p
I kind of ditched TSR since starting uni and I kind of need it back now because arrrgh stress.
I've decided that dropping out would be the best option for me. My depression is the worst it's ever been and my ED is kicking my a*se and I think at least if I went to a London university I'd have a little bit of stability- hopefully. I'm thinking about doing Psychology because I miss it terribly and the more I think about it, the more it appeals and I'm kind of kicking myself for not going with it when I was choosing between English and Psychology. Not that it would really make a difference to my current situation. I knew full well I wasn't ready to go to university. I don't want to transfer because I doubt much will have changed in September and I don't want to finish the year. My parents are saying I shouldn't drop out because I'll get sicker but I don't think they understand how awful things are.

Anywhooo, how are you all lovelies? :hugs:

Hi :hello: Don't really know you, I joined after you left probably :colondollar: But you seem nice so..:redface:

Sorry you're having such a touch time. I hate how depression can seriously affect soo much in life :frown: If you feel dropping out is best, only you know yourself best so I think you should. It will give you time to get out of your current situation and take time to sort out how to get better, and also allow you to change your course to psychology so you don't regret not taking it anymore. I hope it all works out, let us know what happens! and I hope you feel better soon. :jumphug:

Original post by kiss_me_now9
Another nightmare, another morning overslept, I dreamt last night I had to save this girl from drowning...

Spoiler

Eek, hope you don't have that dream again, I've had a similar one and it's not nice :nope:

:jumphug:

Spoiler

Please call emergency for help. We're all worried about you, you need support and care right now.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by motzand

Original post by motzand
:hello: Can I join, even though I haven't officially been diagnosed with depression?

:hello:

Tell us your story? :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry yesterday wasn't great and I really hope today is better. Best of luck with the work, hope it goes well. :hugs:

Thanks :smile: I'm not sure how I feel today. I got out of bed like it was the easiest thing in the world this morning but then I realised how cold it was so I got back in :colondollar: Mood dropped so stayed in bed for 3 hours or so. I feel a bit inbetween at the moment. Not good, not terrible. Wish I could be one or the other but hey ho!
That seems the only method that works.

Spoiler

Thanks, going to need it. :tongue:

Well getting out of bed in the first place was a good sign. Know that feeling, have the heating on here for once, so getting up was a bit easier today. Oh yeah, can leave you feeling confused, hope things pick up again later. :hugs:

I kind of ditched TSR since starting uni and I kind of need it back now because arrrgh stress.
I've decided that dropping out would be the best option for me. My depression is the worst it's ever been and my ED is kicking my a*se and I think at least if I went to a London university I'd have a little bit of stability- hopefully. I'm thinking about doing Psychology because I miss it terribly and the more I think about it, the more it appeals and I'm kind of kicking myself for not going with it when I was choosing between English and Psychology. Not that it would really make a difference to my current situation. I knew full well I wasn't ready to go to university. I don't want to transfer because I doubt much will have changed in September and I don't want to finish the year. My parents are saying I shouldn't drop out because I'll get sicker but I don't think they understand how awful things are.

Hey! :hello:
Sorry you're having such a hard time. :console:
Are you getting support from the uni? At the end of the day only you know what's best for you.

Original post by kka25

Spoiler

:console:
Original post by motzand

How are you doing?

I agree with the others, you have every right to call the emergency services with your symptoms and I really think you should. You've suffered on your own long enough. :console:
Reply 2090

:console:

PM me; I just want to say thanks.
Called the crisis team. I'm not on their records so they can't do anything. Go to a&e if things are that bad. :sigh:

I only have to survive until tomorrow, that's all, I can do this. I'm going to the GP at 8.40 they will help. Please help. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2092
Original post by ViceVersa

Tell us your story? :hugs:

:hugs:

Heh, this might be all of a ramble but I'll try to make it coherent. Right now I'm feeling okay, but I know that as the day goes on I'll just end up feeling awful again. It's like, I have a couple of days where I think nothing's wrong with me, I'm making it all up, I'm pretty happy and friendly and stuff, then I have days of feeling so messed up, I barely have the energy to eat, I don't talk to anyone, I shut myself up away from everyone and just cry, and it becomes harder to squash down my suicidal thoughts and urges. I dunno. It's like I can't actually truly be happy because I know that I don't really deserve it and I know that I'll end up in a low mood anyway. And I can't even remember how long this has been going on for, but it's become more obvious in the past two years.

Sorry, I think some of that should have been spoilered. (I dunno how to do spoilers :colondollar:)
Original post by kka25
PM me; I just want to say thanks.

Aww, have done. :hugs:
Called the crisis team. I'm not on their records so they can't do anything. Go to a&e if things are that bad. :sigh:

I only have to survive until tomorrow, that's all, I can do this. I'm going to the GP at 8.40 they will help. Please help. :frown:

I guess it's up to you if you think you can be ok until then. Really hope they can help you. :hugs:

**** the GP, go to A and E.
Original post by littleshambles
ok, no lying to ourselves guys. i remember the last time i realised i was going downhill again and by the weekend i was attempting suicide. i'm not talking myself into things, it's not some kind of munchausen's wishful thinking, the alcohol euphoria is wearing off and underneath it is the anvil of low mood. HOORAY. least i have something to tell my shrink...

i'm worried i have some kind of subthreshold version of both BPD and bipolar disorder combining to make like the bipolar spectrum version of "neurotic depression" and that they'll Dx me with BPD (cos there seriously isn't a criterion I don't fill to some extent) and send me to therapy and it won't help with these mood swings, just the tense self harmy ones. and so every fooking 6 weeks or whatever i'll crash and the crisis team will be like NEVERMIND GUYS SHE'S BORDERLINE, FALSE ALARM

AND I'LL DIE

that is my worry.

People's experience with diagnosis of personality disorders are mixed, guess it depends on the trust. It's my "provisional" dx as they want to wait until im older and see if I am still messed up and then dx me with it, but I basically fit the criteria. You are meant to get DBT but it's totally hit and miss, I got promised it about a year ago, and I've only just now got a space, and I've been told by my Unis Vulnerable Student leader that I'm the first person he knows to have got it in at least 2 years, and he works with a lot of borderlines. DBT does I think focus on the self harm and stopping that, because the idea is that you can't work on your emotions until you stop self harming (or so I'm told). They've used meds to try and control my mood swings & depression, so ADs, Mood stabilisers and low dose antipsychotics. Crisis team are a load of *******s anyway, I don't think they've ever refused to help me because I am borderline. I did once have a therapist who said I was "attention seeking" and I've been told quite a few times I am "immature" and "have no insight", but I'm not sure if thats because im Borderline, or just something they just picked up on.

But basically, its so hard to get on to therapy for PDs, from my experience and what others have said.

:hugs: Hope the GP helps. Don't be afraid to go to A&E if you need to.
Reply 2097

You should go to A&E. They will help :hugs:.

Spoiler

Thanks, going to need it. :tongue:

Well getting out of bed in the first place was a good sign. Know that feeling, have the heating on here for once, so getting up was a bit easier today. Oh yeah, can leave you feeling confused, hope things pick up again later. :hugs:

Hope it's going well. :jumphug:

I love posting here so much. Makes me realise that everything I experience is normal. Thanks :smile:

Half an hour of biology coursework for an episode of TBBT. Gogogogo.

Hey there :smile: sorry to hear you're having a rough time :hugs: Have you talked to anynoe at uni about your options yet? I've decided over the past few days that I think it's best if I leave uni now and restart my course thos coming October, but I don't really know all the ins and outs of that so I have to sit and twiddle my thumbs until I can talk to someone vaguely official about it.

Latest