The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

My grandad is in hospital, not good :-(

He's been so ill lately and I know I shouldn't think like this but I don't really think he has long left.
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I don't smoke. Someone remind me why I'm smoking.

Because you're hoping for an early death?
Original post by superwolf
Because you're hoping for an early death?

Nail on the effing head.
Original post by Anonymous
My grandad is in hospital, not good :-(

He's been so ill lately and I know I shouldn't think like this but I don't really think he has long left.

:hugs: I hope he gets better soon, being in hospital is never fun.
Original post by fleur de lis
Hi all,

I just wanted to update you about ViceVersa as I know some of you are worried about her. She is having a tough time at the moment but we have heard that she is safe. Hopefully she will be back and posting again soon.

Thanks for letting us know
Reply 205
Hi there :smile:

I personally don't disclose it at all - I only disclosed it to my last employer as I didn't turn up to a few shifts as I was in hospital following a suicide attempt. Generally I don't expect compensations like time off for doctors/psych appointments or allowance for being late etc as I don't give them the reason. I also just put prefer not to say if I have to put anything down. It's better to tell them in person I think.

As for whether or not your wife was turned down because of this - it's hard to tell, if they did turn her down because of that it's discrimination and she could take it further, however the job would be proving that she would've got the job if she hadn't said anything. Has she asked them?

Thanks. It is hard to tell if she was turned down because of it - I don't think there is any way to find out really. If it was clear then taking it further would be sensible. I suppose that's the problem with these things, they never are clear... Of course, what is someone with depression going to think when it happens?

By the way is your avatar from Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind?
Original post by Hanvyj
Thanks. It is hard to tell if she was turned down because of it - I don't think there is any way to find out really. If it was clear then taking it further would be sensible. I suppose that's the problem with these things, they never are clear... Of course, what is someone with depression going to think when it happens?

By the way is your avatar from Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind?

Yep, I understand how she's feeling (:hugs: for her!) And at the end of the day they can and probably would turn around and say they found a better candidate. They can also claim that the workplace isn't suitable for a person with mental illness :sad:

No, it's from Howls Moving Castle :smile:
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: I hope he gets better soon, being in hospital is never fun.

Should hopefully be seeing him at some point tomorrow.
Reply 208
Original post by fleur de lis
Hi all,

I just wanted to update you about ViceVersa as I know some of you are worried about her. She is having a tough time at the moment but we have heard that she is safe. Hopefully she will be back and posting again soon.

thanks for the update.... i didnt mean to pry or anything, was just a bit worried after her last few posts. im glad she's safe, hope things get better for her and she's got people looking after her.
Reply 209
Original post by popple7

Original post by popple7
thanks for the update.... i didnt mean to pry or anything, was just a bit worried after her last few posts. im glad she's safe, hope things get better for her and she's got people looking after her.

Were you the one posting anonymously? #133?
I can't forgive and forget it anymore, I keep having horrid flashbacks and keep panicking and feeling like pure rubbish about myself. I wouldn't let anyone else do this and I'm pathetic enought to not say anything. And now I'll end up being my passive aggressive self and will just let it build up and explode again, same old damn cycle
Reply 211
Original post by FuzzySheep

Stupid BF worries are back, cannot stop thinking about how crappy he made me feel for the first year of our relationship, wish I could go back and slap myself to have a little more respect for myself and say something. Also just found this on TSR posted 6 months into our relationship, about a week before he said he "loves" me -
"All the girls I've been with have been very different but I guess the next girl would hopefully be one I could settle down with having got my own place and career.".
So, the next girl? I didn't exist, but he was looking for "the next girl"? **** this, always second best, no matter how hard I try.
Uhh, "BF worries" implies you're still with this guy...?
Reply 212
Original post by Jackso
Were you the one posting anonymously? #133?

nope, 'fraid not. i just chat to VV in the OCD support thread. hi though :smile:
Original post by Jackso
Uhh, "BF worries" implies you're still with this guy...?

I am, yes. I don't know what to do or how to do it though, I'm so bloody pathetic.

I haven't seen you around for a while, how are you doing?
I just want a hug. That'd do me. A nice hug. I'm so lonely :frown: I know that tomorrow morning I'll get my hug when I meet my Mum but it's so far away. So far. :cry:

Spoiler

Reply 215
Original post by popple7

Original post by popple7
nope, 'fraid not. i just chat to VV in the OCD support thread. hi though :smile:

Ah alright, makes sense. :tongue: Just wanted to send a quick PM to "him" or she, sorry.
I just want a hug. That'd do me. A nice hug. I'm so lonely :frown: I know that tomorrow morning I'll get my hug when I meet my Mum but it's so far away. So far. :cry:

Spoiler

I know it's not really that helpful, but *hugs*.

Spoiler

I know it's not the same at all but :hugs::console: If you'd like a chat about anything, I'll be awake for quite some time.

Spoiler

Reply 218
Original post by Jackso
Ah alright, makes sense. :tongue: Just wanted to send a quick PM to "him" or she, sorry.

haha that's ok! hope you manage to find him/her again... im sure they'll pop up again once they realise there's a new thread :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I know it's not really that helpful, but *hugs*.

So true.

I know it's not the same at all but :hugs::console: If you'd like a chat about anything, I'll be awake for quite some time.

Spoiler

I have nothing really to say. And no :sad: I should go to bed as I've got to be at the station for quarter past 8 but I really don't want.

Latest