The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Didn't go into school today, feel guilty now though. I don't even feel that bad today. Hope this doesn't become a regular thing.

Nothing to feel guilty about, you'll just be more refreshed for tomorrow. :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth
Very short term is better than nothing. Right now I'm still taking things hour by hour and trying to avoid making plans because tbh I'm really not sure how much longer I have.

I had 10 2mg tablets left over from a fear of flying, I've never been prescribed it for anything else.

The GP should learn to be equipped, not sleeping is probably a pretty common complaint. And honestly I can't wait 3 weeks, 3 more weeks without any sleep? That's going to kill me one way or another. Might take all 7 zopiclone tonight and go back tomorrow, maybe then they'll listen when I say it doesn't work. :mad:

The GP is not equipped to deal with any mental illness that isn't mild to moderate depression and anxiety.

And no you can't wait three weeks which is why you should go to someone who can treat you urgently i.e. not your GP.
Nothing to feel guilty about, you'll just be more refreshed for tomorrow. :hugs:

You'd think so :tongue:

How was your day? :hugs:
Reply 2403
Original post by rmhumphries

What year you in / are you certain they will be bad, or are you just worried?

Certain that one will be as I talked rubbish for >60% of the exam. One that I thought I did alright in was bad so in a way I'm expecting it of all of them now.
Original post by Kim-x
Certain that one will be as I talked rubbish for >60% of the exam. One that I thought I did alright in was bad so in a way I'm expecting it of all of them now.

Even if you think you did bad in one exam, doesn't mean the rest went bad.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
:hugs:

stay strong! remember people care about you and want you to be safe! :console:
feeling bit better atm, still ill, but being at home I feel much safer than at Uni, not much to do here but while am ill that doesn't bother me too much, my mum is really supportive though and I just feel safer here.

hope everyone else is doing okay or will be better soon if not! :hugs: (hugs!) :hugs: for all!
You'd think so :tongue:

How was your day? :hugs:

The odd day of resting might help. :tongue:

It was ok thanks. :hugs:
Didn't hand in the work I didn't do....obviously, so see what happens in the lecture tomorrow. :tongue:
Lectures were ok apart from my constant yawning. Saw the doctor, chickened out of mentioning the tiredness as I was worried it would seem like moaning after I said I was feeling better, that was probably pretty stupid. Filled in another questionnaire, one of the questions was about tiredness so I guess he knows anyway. Score had decreased quite a lot and he seemed really happy. Gave me a repeat perscription this time and said I didn't need to seem him every two weeks anymore unless things got worse. Said to come when I'm about half way through the next perscription to let him know how I'm doing.
Went to the library after and finished a problem sheet, also wanted to work on another module but....too sleepy. My friend is sleeping over tomorrow so need to tidy my room and get some food in or she won't be impressed. :tongue:
Realised about an hour ago that I hadn't had a meal today, but have some cocktail sausages now so it's all good.
Getting rather concerned about the harder module, really need to get on top of things. Might have to find an energy drink to become addicted to to get through the next few months. :tongue:
Original post by imbuzzinme
You know things are bad when you walk into the kitchen and are met by a stony silence. Just wanna go home. Want my mum and my sister and my bed. I've got something in the oven and I'm literally scared out of my wits to go and take it out. !!!!

:console: it possible for you to go home for a few days if you are struggling?
Reply 2410
Doc gave me 3.75mg zopiclone. Exactly the same as waving a watch in front of my face and saying 'you are getting sleepy...' What's wrong with the 7mg ones??? :frown: Here's to another week of not sleeping.

Cheers Sabertooth! :beerglass:

Spoiler

Edit:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by littleshambles
The GP is not equipped to deal with any mental illness that isn't mild to moderate depression and anxiety.

And no you can't wait three weeks which is why you should go to someone who can treat you urgently i.e. not your GP.

Like who? I told the GP today that my appointment wasn't for 3 weeks and she didn't seem too bothered.
Original post by SeaJay
Doc gave me 3.75mg zopiclone. Exactly the same as waving a watch in front of my face and saying 'you are getting sleepy...' What's wrong with the 7mg ones??? :frown: Here's to another week of not sleeping.

Cheers Sabertooth! :beerglass:

I got 3.75mg zopiclone too * 7. I was just like "wtf is that it???" :lolwut:

I'm going for nut's idea of getting horrendously drunk instead of taking the zopiclone (what the doctors don't know is I actually have 4*7.5mg tablets and 31*3.75mg tablets so if I need to take them I will make sure it's enough to send me to sleep). :ninja:

:beer:

Edit:

Spoiler

:hugs: If you need to talk to anyone, you can talk to me - I won't promise to be helpful but I might be able to distract you for a few hours.

Please take care of yourself, you're a really great guy and I would hate for anything to happen to you. Have you thought about calling the samaritans? They really helped me out over last weekend.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2415
hey guys.

Had an ok day today..... still felt abit anxious but it was controllable. Sorry to hear so many of you are having it rough... I wish I could say something to put a more positive spin on things. :smile:
Reply 2416
Gahhhhhhhhhhhh GP tomorrow. I hate hate hate it :frown: I bet I back out :no:
The odd day of resting might help. :tongue:

It was ok thanks. :hugs:
Didn't hand in the work I didn't do....obviously, so see what happens in the lecture tomorrow. :tongue:
Lectures were ok apart from my constant yawning. Saw the doctor, chickened out of mentioning the tiredness as I was worried it would seem like moaning after I said I was feeling better, that was probably pretty stupid. Filled in another questionnaire, one of the questions was about tiredness so I guess he knows anyway. Score had decreased quite a lot and he seemed really happy. Gave me a repeat perscription this time and said I didn't need to seem him every two weeks anymore unless things got worse. Said to come when I'm about half way through the next perscription to let him know how I'm doing.
Went to the library after and finished a problem sheet, also wanted to work on another module but....too sleepy. My friend is sleeping over tomorrow so need to tidy my room and get some food in or she won't be impressed. :tongue:
Realised about an hour ago that I hadn't had a meal today, but have some cocktail sausages now so it's all good.
Getting rather concerned about the harder module, really need to get on top of things. Might have to find an energy drink to become addicted to to get through the next few months. :tongue:

I spent the majority of the day wondering how the hell I manage a full day at school :tongue:

Sounds like the doctors went well :-)
At least you did the problem sheet, it's some progress!
Cocktail sausages come to the rescue once again :mmm:
Haha, I tried an energy drink a few weeks ago to see if it would make me feel more awake but it didn't seem to have any effect on me :tongue:
Good luck with it all :jumphug:
Drink #1: half a pint of 22% licorice and aniseed schnapps.

Tastes absolutely disgusting but hopefully if I drink it fast, along with the propranolol, it should make me nicely tipsy.
Reply 2419
Original post by Sabertooth
Drink #1: half a pint of 22% licorice and aniseed schnapps.

Tastes absolutely disgusting but hopefully if I drink it fast, along with the propranolol, it should make me nicely tipsy.

lol, go easy on the alcohol m8. I tried to use it thinking it would help me... ended up causing more aggro. Please dont think Im trying to tell you what to do... I just wouldnt want anyone to go down the same road i did. :smile:

Latest