Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Depression Society MKVI

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :hugs:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I had a panic attack yesterday as well. I have an essay due at the beginning of every month from now until may. Just can't cope with it
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :hugs: How are you feeling now? I'm still a bit shaky, which I expect from it afterwards, but I'm exhausted too Maybe a schedule will help you, something to keep you on track? Stress is the same thing that set me off, when I don't feel organised I become quite panicky, so maybe making a list/prioritising will help with those essays? Sorry if I've not been too useful, I hope you're ok today.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else here taking Citalopram? Does it take a while for them to work properly? I'm taking them to treat an ED, depression and anxiety after switching from Fluoxetine (which I only took for a month because I had so many side effects from them and they made me really suicidal). I've only been taking Citalopram (10mg) for 6 days so far and they are making me feel awful already. I feel so low to the point where I'm starting to feel a bit suicidal again, I'm constantly randomly crying, I just want to be on my own because being around people is triggering nothing but anxiety and paranoia. I seriously don't know what's hit me, everything just seems to be worse whatever tablet I'm on. Just want to get off them.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzySheep)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :hugs: How are you feeling now? I'm still a bit shaky, which I expect from it afterwards, but I'm exhausted too Maybe a schedule will help you, something to keep you on track? Stress is the same thing that set me off, when I don't feel organised I become quite panicky, so maybe making a list/prioritising will help with those essays? Sorry if I've not been too useful, I hope you're ok today.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm feeling a bit better today thanks. You're right I should plan a schedule or something like that out, it would be really helpful, it's just getting round to doing it It's mostly my disorganization which is the problem I think so you hit the nail on the head there. Atm I'm trying to focus on anything but the essays in the hope that it'll help me calm down a bit.

Do you know what caused your panic attack?

Wait...why is this being spoilered?
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm feeling a bit better today thanks. You're right I should plan a schedule or something like that out, it would be really helpful, it's just getting round to doing it It's mostly my disorganization which is the problem I think so you hit the nail on the head there. Atm I'm trying to focus on anything but the essays in the hope that it'll help me calm down a bit.

Do you know what caused your panic attack?

Wait...why is this being spoilered?
    I'm not sure actually

Ah, procrastination, we all know the feeling Give yourself a couple days to calm down and relax a little, then go into working with a plan, and it should work out

Exam worries/work worries/relationship worries - too much worrying basically
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've managed to come up with a vague plan for actually doing something with my life. It does mean I'll be putting off studying for another year but if I want to apply for anything this year it'd have to be a late application and I'm not even sure what I want to do. So I'm planning to start work as soon as my psych gives me the ok and I can use this 7 months to decide whether I really do want to work with horses or if I'd rather do something more academic. Then I can apply for uni entry for 2013 which is more realistic atm I think.
    Little bit worried that I'd just delaying making a decision out of laziness rather than anything else though :rolleyes:
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    Feel like a total waste of space. Done nothing today, just like I've done nothing all week. Meant to be studying for uni but that hasn't happened. I fail. :sigh:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Feel like a total waste of space. Done nothing today, just like I've done nothing all week. Meant to be studying for uni but that hasn't happened. I fail. :sigh:
    Me too :hugs: There's always next week
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ah optimism a slightly unfamiliar concept to me really
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatsthebadger93)
    Me too :hugs: There's always next week
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ah optimism a slightly unfamiliar concept to me really
    I guess... :hugs:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzySheep)
    It's been a while since I've chatted to you but I read your post earlier, and am very happy you're being optimistic. I have a friend applying to medicine who's got the same worries about everything so I know a bit about the process, but if you do end up taking a gap year there's so much you can do with it Best of luck from me, you're going to do fantastically regardless

Also, I loved Robot Wars. That is all.
    Thanks love - the confidence is much appreciated

Robot wars was awesome. T'is all on youtube if you get bored!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zee Zee)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I guess I think I it is easier to say I don't deserve happiness than knowing that long term happiness - genuine happiness and not just distractions is the reality for me. But you and superwolf are right.

I know she would want to know and she would help me as much as she could but I can't. I don't know why it is so hard for me to admit my true feelings but it is. We talked and we are back on good terms so as long as I make an effort and try I won't alienate her.

Thank you for your help :hugs:. And your Robot Wars plan sounds fun!
    :hugs:

The important thing is not to give up. You haven't done that, and you can be proud of yourself.

Well, if you two have patched things up, that will do for now. Just remember, it's pretty important that you tell her eventually, because she's obviously very important to you. No need to rush it though - I'm sure you'll know when the right time to tell her is. You don't have to tell her everything.

Until then, you can talk to us
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    By the way, everyone, I forgot to mention this earlier.

The robot will be called Iron Man and will have a paint scheme to match. That's the cheapest and easiest bit planned and out the way......
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zee Zee)
    Might be good to stop drinking for a while :holmes:.

Are you ok?
    it probably would, just don't know what else to do :erm:

been better, have to talk to Uni next week about not having handed work in and missing classes, still have ear infection, still feel pretty lonely and miserable most of the time and still don't have a pyschiatrists appointment, tbh getting drunk with friends seems about the only thing I actually feel like doing most of the time, at least then I don't care how I feel, when am sober care too much and feel worse.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hopefully it will come back eventually.
    Of course he won't think you're looking for excuses! Trying not to torture yourself sounds like the perfect plan. :hugs:

Thanks.
    Turns out we're not allowed to see him because he has a contagious bug and his immune system is low so we might catch the bug and/or bring something in from the outside.

Just did a past paper in preparation for my exam on Monday and got 45%, not too great. But I don't care and I should. I think I'm subconsciously telling myself that if I do well then that will mean that all what I am thinking and feeling is a lie so I don't want to do well, when I do. Hate my train of thought.

Hopefully you managed to get out of bed, I finally rolled out at about midday.:rolleyes:
    Thanks, trying but it seems to be what I'm best at.
    Not been a very productive day, spent ages doing one question only to get a different answer to the one I'm suppose to have. Can't see my mistake, don't know if there is an error in the question, but it's frustrating. Never going to catch up at a rate of one question per day. Not feeling good today.

That's a shame, hope he has a speedy recovery. :hugs:
    At least you managed to do it. If only there was some way to stop these thoughts. Is it for the mock week?
    Well that was better than me, I got up gone 1.

Thanks, trying but it seems to be what I'm best at.
    Not been a very productive day, spent ages doing one question only to get a different answer to the one I'm suppose to have. Can't see my mistake, don't know if there is an error in the question, but it's frustrating. Never going to catch up at a rate of one question per day. Not feeling good today.

That's a shame, hope he has a speedy recovery. :hugs:
    At least you managed to do it. If only there was some way to stop these thoughts. Is it for the mock week?
    Well that was better than me, I got up gone 1.
    Well it'd be a shame to waste your talents now, wouldn't it?
    That's a shame, hope tomorrow is a better day for you. :hugs:

Thanks. I'm sure he will, he always does
    Do you think like that too?
    No, it's for a resit on Monday. Althought mock week is next week and I haven't even thought about it. Not too bothered if I don't do well, they don't mean anything. I just don't want my teachers thinking I'm not trying and so watching me like a hawk.
    Haha, it's almost like they have some form of magnetism.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i am now awake. my sleeping patterns are this bad. oh dear. at least i love being asleep, dreams are much kinder than reality when you control them. Suppose thats why i play so many video games. ah well.
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by novaspire)
    i am now awake. my sleeping patterns are this bad. oh dear. at least i love being asleep, dreams are much kinder than reality when you control them. Suppose thats why i play so many video games. ah well.
    Ah you're lucky that sleep is kind to you! My dreams are awful :sad:
    I agree about the video games though :yep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by outworn)
    Ah you're lucky that sleep is kind to you! My dreams are awful :sad:
    I agree about the video games though :yep:
    it doesnt help that i play them, review them and make them really. Thats my life in a nutshell. If i meet someone half as nerdy as me ill cling to them life a beartrap
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by novaspire)
    it doesnt help that i play them, review them and make them really. Thats my life in a nutshell. If i meet someone half as nerdy as me ill cling to them life a beartrap
    I do that with certain games :yep: I have heaps of notebooks filled with stuff I've written about some :teehee:

Well it'd be a shame to waste your talents now, wouldn't it?
    That's a shame, hope tomorrow is a better day for you. :hugs:

Thanks. I'm sure he will, he always does
    Do you think like that too?
    No, it's for a resit on Monday. Althought mock week is next week and I haven't even thought about it. Not too bothered if I don't do well, they don't mean anything. I just don't want my teachers thinking I'm not trying and so watching me like a hawk.
    Haha, it's almost like they have some form of magnetism.
    It would indeed.
    Thanks, just realising that this really doesn't seem possible. My only shot is if the doctor increased my dose on Tuesday and then if I feel like I did around the end of December I might not be totally hopeless. Need to try the impossible module tomorrow that I'm suppose to have work for on Monday and oh this is bad. Sorry, just some therapeutic whining.

That's a good sign, he sounds like a fighter. :hugs:
    A bit, I suppose my thinking is more like I just feel bad because I'm lazy, so I'm causing it all in the first place. Can't explain what I mean that well.
    Good luck, hope it goes alright. Probably for the best not to think about it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by outworn)
    I do that with certain games :yep: I have heaps of notebooks filled with stuff I've written about some :teehee:
    i do that quite a bit, however my head is filled with random trivia useless to most people.
Updated: May 3, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.