The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
She is pretty adorable. :yep:
Thankyou! :h:
After doing this all lecture :sick: I poured a cup of tea before the demonstration and I stopped coughing and throat felt better for a while. Makes me wonder if tea isn't the solution to everything. :tongue:
Should probably attempt problem sheet for hard module now, but I'm scared.
:dong:

Spoiler

That's a shame, such a pain when you can't sleep. :hugs:
Woo productivity! :bl:
Sounds good, hope it's tasty!
No problem at all. :tongue:

Tea is definitely the solution to all problems.
Don't forget, the harder module is more scared of you than you are of it. :mmm:

I'll see how I feel in a week or so and take things from there, I might just be having a few rough days.
Reply 3061
Had a panic attack today... ended up sitting on the stairs at uni with my head in my hands scratching at my skull. Its strange how I can be in a class with people and feel so alone. It always feels that people are talking about me... I glance up and they are sniggering...I hate feeling like this... I just want to go to sleep and not wake up.
Original post by warp2125
Had a panic attack today... ended up sitting on the stairs at uni with my head in my hands scratching at my skull. Its strange how I can be in a class with people and feel so alone. It always feels that people are talking about me... I glance up and they are sniggering...I hate feeling like this... I just want to go to sleep and not wake up.

:hugs: I hate panic attacks, had one yesterday when I visited the GP and the receptionist had to take me to a private room and calm me down. Needless to say everybody was staring.
Tea is definitely the solution to all problems.
Don't forget, the harder module is more scared of you than you are of it. :mmm:

I'll see how I feel in a week or so and take things from there, I might just be having a few rough days.

After reading that I just had to update my status to "Tea is the solution to all problems." :awesome:
Ok at 5.00pm on the dot harder module is going down! :colone:

Let's hope so! :jumphug:
Reply 3064
Original post by 35mm_
:hugs: I hate panic attacks, had one yesterday when I visited the GP and the receptionist had to take me to a private room and calm me down. Needless to say everybody was staring.

How're you doing now, you got any help? :hugs:
Reply 3065
Original post by 35mm_
I think I'm going to stick it out until I see my psychiatrist next Monday. I will write a letter to her and tell her everything because I'm awful at explaining myself verbally. Thanks for your ongoing support, Idle :hugs:

Go you if you feel you can do that! And not a problem :h:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Nut.
:hugs:

What happened? :console: I know the feeling, if that's any consolation?

Well, not much. They left after 30 mins and nothing was decided. I wanted to talk about the crisis team, medication, crisis plans etc. but we just discussed what we already knew - that I had some kind of 'complex' depression/ personality or whatever and that I should do DBT. Pointless. Just fed up with it all, and want it all to go away.

Also I feel like whenever I look after my MH I end up neglected my uni work, and then feel worse, and if I do uni work I just neglect my MH and then feel worse and whatever way I end up having a crisis anyway. I just don't know if I can cope with uni.

:hugs: I went and talked to the Sams for like an hour which kinda helped. Going to try and do some maths, but I will probably just fail and feel worse.
After reading that I just had to update my status to "Tea is the solution to all problems." :awesome:
Ok at 5.00pm on the dot harder module is going down! :colone:

Let's hope so! :jumphug:

I had one using half spoon sugar yesterday, never, ever again.
Good luck!
Reply 3068
Original post by 35mm_

:hugs: Are you okay?

I'm not too bad, all things considered. Still thinking I might need hospital again, much as I don't want to go. Not sure how I'd explain it to my parents, which is the main thing.
It sounds absolutely awful when it's written/typed, but after all my parents have put me through, I wish there was just a way for me to cut them out my life completely and never have to think about it/them or feel guilty ever again. Sadly that's not an option. :ashamed2:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Idle
Have you told your doctor about this? :hugs:

What's the point?

I can't get a doctors appointment because I can't get up before 11am. Waste of space.
Reply 3070
Original post by kiss_me_now9
What's the point?

I can't get a doctors appointment because I can't get up before 11am. Waste of space.

Welll explain that to them on the phone, get someone else to call for you.. etc..
Reply 3071
Good news today :smile: finally told my mum everything that's been going on with me and she was really supportive, she wants me to come and move back in but it's just not possible atm, plus she's helping me pay my rent for this month, and will try and help me out for a while til I'm back on my feet. Feel much better for having told her, but still dreading bedtime tonight, 3rd night in a row i haven't been asleep before 6am :frown:
Reply 3072
Original post by kiss_me_now9
What's the point?

Hey :hugs:

I know it sounds a bit drastic, but could you change your GP practice? Mine lets me ring up to book appointments whenever I want.......

Hope you get an appointment soon

x

(Edit: Oh, and I got up at 1pm today. :dance: You're totally beating me on that one :tongue:)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3073
Original post by Shippy
Good news today :smile: finally told my mum everything that's been going on with me and she was really supportive, she wants me to come and move back in but it's just not possible atm, plus she's helping me pay my rent for this month, and will try and help me out for a while til I'm back on my feet. Feel much better for having told her, but still dreading bedtime tonight, 3rd night in a row i haven't been asleep before 6am :frown:

Know the feeling :hugs:

Have you got any zopiclone? Gives me a few hours of sleep, albeit drug sleep.

Well done for telling your mum. It's really difficult. Mine doesn't really understand. She's coming to see me this Thursday :/ not sure how I feel about that tbh. On the one hand if I show her how I am she's just going to worry more, but if I put on a front/have a good day she's going to think I'm fine and she needn't have come.

I do want to see her though.
Reply 3074
Original post by SeaJay
Know the feeling :hugs:

Have you got any zopiclone? Gives me a few hours of sleep, albeit drug sleep.

Well done for telling your mum. It's really difficult. Mine doesn't really understand. She's coming to see me this Thursday :/ not sure how I feel about that tbh. On the one hand if I show her how I am she's just going to worry more, but if I put on a front/have a good day she's going to think I'm fine and she needn't have come.

I do want to see her though.

I was in a similar position, my mum has had health problems of her own after recovering from an emergency caesarean and a new baby to look after and she worries about me enough as i've only been living on my own for a few months, and i didn't want to add to it. But I feel much better knowing she knows how I really feel... So maybe if you try talking to your mum how you're feeling you might feel like there's a weight of your chest and she might even feel better about things now that she has a better idea of what you're going through! :smile:
And I'm not on anything at the moment, I'm seeing a GP next week to discuss what to do next :smile:
Reply 3075
Sorry I haven't posted in ages.

I have not been too good. :sigh:.

Sorry for the random post. Hope everyone is ok as they can be :hugs:.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3076
I am sick and tired now. I don't know what i've done to deserve this. Why can't I have friends? Why can't I have a social life? Why can't I go to parties? Just don't know what to Do now. I wish I was like everyone else. Had friends. Went out with them. Went to parties. Why doesn't anyone want to talk to me? Everyone else except me is having fun. :cry:

And what is the problem with my parents? Why do they think having a social life is a bad thing? Just because they don't drink? Having a social life doesn't mean that you have to drink. It could just mean going to the cinema, Or anywhere else with friends. Why did they do this to me? What is their problem?

Spoiler

Reply 3077
And VV, I hope your interview at Keele was ok :smile:.
Reply 3078
Original post by avhhs
I am sick and tired now. I don't know what i've done to deserve this. Why can't I have friends? Why can't I have a social life? Why can't I go to parties? Just don't know what to Do now. I wish I was like everyone else. Had friends. Went out with them. Went to parties. Why doesn't anyone want to talk to me? Everyone else except me is having fun. :cry:

And what is the problem with my parents? Why do they think having a social life is a bad thing? Just because they don't drink? Having a social life doesn't mean that you have to drink. It could just mean going to the cinema, Or anywhere else with friends. Why did they do this to me? What is their problem?

Spoiler

:hugs: Have you tried joining societies (if you are at uni) or maybe getting in touch with old friends? Have you explained to your parents that going out doesn not equal getting drunk?

Hope you get some work done.
Original post by Nut.
:jumphug: glad it went ok :biggrin:

Original post by motzand
Yay I'm glad it went okay :jumphug: best of luck when you do hear back from them.

Thank you! Ahh the fear of their decision is crippling me already :afraid:

Latest