The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by kiss_me_now9
OK, that makes sense, I'm not trying to be a downer but I think it's important to know the realities of a situation before committing to it :colondollar: But yes, positive thinking! Best of luck :smile:

thankyou :smile: if theres one thing i can do its work out the realities of a situation and bend them to my will :colone:
Original post by Sabertooth

That article made me very angry. I struggle to feel sympathy for her.
I am fed up of being sad. I am fed up of sitting up all night hoping someone might notice me and talk to me on MSN. I want to be happy so bad but I don't know how to make it happen, how to stop being dependent on people, how to just live my life. Why is that such a hard task? Living should be easy, it's what we're programmed to do.
I just stuck up for myself. I don't care if it was via email, I did it, I put myself before someone else for the first time ever and I looked out for myself. I've not been proud of myself in years, until now.
so conflicted right now :erm:

Spoiler

If you'd like someone to talk to, I'll be up for a while :hugs:
Well if you change your mind, do feel free. :smile: I know what you mean though :console: Maybe make yourself a nice warm drink and go to bed? Or if you're not tired, just distract yourself with whatever you can. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:
Sounds good to me, I don't know where I'd be without tea. :colondollar: As long as it's helping you take your mind off things.

Thank you! It's a great feeling, isn't it? :biggrin: I used to be terrified of sticking up for myself because I didn't want the other person to dislike me. Pushing that to the side and going for it just feels so much better, such a relief. My only regret is that I didn't say everything I said about, say, a year and a half earlier? Silly me. :redface:
I'm going to cry myself to sleep again. :sigh:
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I'm going to cry myself to sleep again. :sigh:

:console: As I said yesterday, if you'd like a chat I'm here.
Reply 310
Just passed out when i went to get my meds and hit my head owie.

Stupid blood pressure fluctuating.
Reply 311
Original post by Nut.
Just passed out when i went to get my meds and hit my head owie.

Stupid blood pressure fluctuating.

How are you doing? :smile:
Reply 312
im here all day if anyone wants to talk. Just pm me or something. I can also talk over msn or something similar if you ask me for details. Today is not going to be eventful so i figure i might as well try as help here.
FML :frown:
Original post by thelaststraw
Might cancel my GP appointment...

feel like im not nearly depressed enough to need drugs.

like I function fine in everyday life... (probably) none of my friends know that im depressed and wouldn't unless i told them, even my family don't know....

and reading on this thread all the side effects and people's experiences it seems not worth it...

D:

anyone? :sad:
Reply 315
anyone? :sad:

hard to say really. I know people who thought they were depressed when they werent and others who thought they werent when they were, so its difficult to judge yourself. If you dont feel you need them, id tell your GP, however i dont think its a good idea to just go off them like that. Id get a proffessional opinion if I were you, but thats just me.
Reply 316
Original post by Idle
How are you doing? :smile:

Hey :hugs:

I'm not too bad atm. Had a loooong chat with one of the staff yesterday and I think that helped. She also sneak-charged my phone for me and bought me fags, even though they're officially not allowed to :h:

Waiting for a doctor to come and check me over after the fainting.

Been chatting to quite a few of the other patients. A couple are psychotic but mostly they just seem sad. They were teaching me about bits of the mental health system yesterday too, about the different types of ward and what-not (acute, atm for me).

Wish I knew when I'd be let out though :sad:

how're you?
Original post by SciFiBoy
so conflicted right now :erm:

Spoiler

Did the girl imply it like a date?
Original post by A level Az
FML :frown:

Are you ok? :hugs:

Original post by Anonymous
Heh, I do not know!

Thanks. I think I've always known tbh, just as I have gotten older it has felt 'normal' for me. I think she would, yeah :hugs:

That's good then.
How are you today? :hugs:

Just looking at this sheet makes my brain want to melt. Think I'm just going to scan through the questions and see if there are any that look attemptable, then at least I will have something to give in.
On the plus side I'm out of a bed a bit earlier than yesterday, still sitting on it, but only place I can sit as there's no desk.
Might cancel my GP appointment...

feel like im not nearly depressed enough to need drugs.

like I function fine in everyday life... (probably) none of my friends know that im depressed and wouldn't unless i told them, even my family don't know....

and reading on this thread all the side effects and people's experiences it seems not worth it...

D:

Really don't think it's a good idea to cancel. If you tell your gp your concerns then you can decide what will be best for you together.
Original post by Anonymous
That article made me very angry. I struggle to feel sympathy for her.

How come?
Told my counsellor that I have suicidal plans and the means and opportunities to complete said plans. She's writing a letter to my doctor and told me my next appointment will be at the end of march.

I need help _now_.

Latest