The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by littleshambles
bed at three, wake up at 6.30.

wake ALL THE WAY UP. :excited: :excited: :excited:

thank **** that's over for another few days imo.

Do you sleep well in those 3 hours? I usually sleep from about 1am to 4am then start working.... seem to be able to concentrate better in the mornings
Original post by Rich_183
I'm curious, when you are depressed do you tend to sleep more or less on average?

sometimes more, sometimes less (that goes for everyone) - there's like two main "types" of depression, one with insomnia and one with sleeping too much, although a lot of people just get generally disturbed and screwed sleep with no specific trend

i prefer more cos then i can just sleep whenever i feel bad :yy:

insomnia is more dangerous for me cos it's more time awake to do bad things :no:
Do you sleep well in those 3 hours? I usually sleep from about 1am to 4am then start working.... seem to be able to concentrate better in the mornings

not really, depends. when i'm depressed i dream a lot. however i think this morning is maybe me switching to hypomania so it dont rly count
Reply 3223
Awful sleep, I woke up in hot sweats at least 5 times, horrible dreams urgh.
not really, depends. when i'm depressed i dream a lot. however i think this morning is maybe me switching to hypomania so it dont rly count

yeh, tell me about the visual dreams... ****ing hell i recently stopped smoking weed and the dreams ive been having are terrible!!
yeh, tell me about the visual dreams... ****ing hell i recently stopped smoking weed and the dreams ive been having are terrible!!

lol i dont have bad dreams really, just detailed and lengthy ones

alcohol's the most.... "dreamergic" drug for me (apart from citalopram trolol). the dreams should subside tho if it's withdrawal related!
lol i dont have bad dreams really, just detailed and lengthy ones

alcohol's the most.... "dreamergic" drug for me (apart from citalopram trolol). the dreams should subside tho if it's withdrawal related!

i was prescirbed citalopram and diazapam for depression realted illness last year but only took the diazapam to reduce the effects of other drug come downs lol, i guess giving up weed is gd cos its a depressent in its own right..
i was prescirbed citalopram and diazapam for depression realted illness last year but only took the diazapam to reduce the effects of other drug come downs lol, i guess giving up weed is gd cos its a depressent in its own right..

yea drugs are bad mmkay :sly:

would have done the same though not gonna lie, thats one of the reasons i've avoided going back on SSRIs

diazepam's not cool for comedowns though imo and from reading
yea drugs are bad mmkay :sly:

would have done the same though not gonna lie, thats one of the reasons i've avoided going back on SSRIs

diazepam's not cool for comedowns though imo and from reading

lol they are good occassionally just have to remember to be in control, otherwise a v slipperly slope !!! :wink:
Reply 3229
I'm tired of making it seem like everything is fine when it isn't. Everywhere I go I see people having fun. Why did this have to happen to me? What did I do?

I don't think I'll be able to cope with school for much longer. Someone help. I think I'll have to miss part of school tomorrow. This cannot go on any longer.
Managed to get an appointment (was going to be a week until they could see me but somebody dropped out of an appointment while I was on the phone and I got their slot) and a loan from my housemate to buy all of the medications. Mirtazapine here I coooooome.

I have a very long and busy day today. This includes yoga, aqua zumba and a meal with my housemates with the table booked for 9pm. Also I _PHONED_ the doctors and I didn't even turn into a shaking mess. May have attempted to communicate with the automated service though, and then may have apologised to the automated service when I realised it was an automated service.
Went to see my CPN again (oh dear) and told her everything. She's trying to put me in a respite house for a while. But I just can't break my mom's heart again because she's so happy that i'm finally home :frown: does anybody have any experiences with respite/crisis houses?
Original post by avhhs
I'm tired of making it seem like everything is fine when it isn't. Everywhere I go I see people having fun. Why did this have to happen to me? What did I do?

I don't think I'll be able to cope with school for much longer. Someone help. I think I'll have to miss part of school tomorrow. This cannot go on any longer.

Do you have any current help?
Original post by Sabertooth
Can't sleep, I just lie there awake listening to them plotting every minute detail of my beautiful girlfriend's murder. How the **** do I live with this? I'm exhausted but I just can't sleep. :frown:

:hugs: Are you feeling any better now?
Original post by 35mm_
Went to see my CPN again (oh dear) and told her everything. She's trying to put me in a respite house for a while. But I just can't break my mom's heart again because she's so happy that i'm finally home :frown: does anybody have any experiences with respite/crisis houses?

I stayed in one for a month and it was really helpful. It depends if you get one run by charity or NHS but I'll share my experience about the NHS ones:

- small number of beds, around 6-12 and thus less staff
- you are allowed leave whenever you want (there are some rules e.g. no alcohol, max 5 hours, take phone etc.)
- focus on 'recovery' rather than just keeping you safe so a lot more staff contact and interaction
- much less clinical feel
- they can't section you to stay there
Original post by 35mm_
:hugs: Are you feeling any better now?

Thanks. I took a large amount of propranolol which seems to be taking the edge off the anxiety but I still haven't been able to get any sleep. :/ I'm less worried about her being murdered during the day, I can speak to her and she reassures me that she's fine just at night everything seems so much more, er...., like there's no other course of action possible. I just need some sleep that's all just a few hours and everything would be clear again.

How are you today? It's good your CPN is finally taking you seriously, I've never been in a respite house though so I can't help you there.
Original post by Noodlzzz
I stayed in one for a month and it was really helpful. It depends if you get one run by charity or NHS but I'll share my experience about the NHS ones:

- small number of beds, around 6-12 and thus less staff
- you are allowed leave whenever you want (there are some rules e.g. no alcohol, max 5 hours, take phone etc.)
- focus on 'recovery' rather than just keeping you safe so a lot more staff contact and interaction
- much less clinical feel
- they can't section you to stay there

Thanks for that. Do they offer any kinds of therapy there? Are staff based there 24/7? Or is it just like floating support?

Excuse all my questions.
Thanks. I took a large amount of propranolol which seems to be taking the edge off the anxiety but I still haven't been able to get any sleep. :/ I'm less worried about her being murdered during the day, I can speak to her and she reassures me that she's fine just at night everything seems so much more, er...., like there's no other course of action possible. I just need some sleep that's all just a few hours and everything would be clear again.

How are you today? It's good your CPN is finally taking you seriously, I've never been in a respite house though so I can't help you there.

I took 50mg of diazepam last night to take the edge off and I still got no sleep :frown: I know what it's like to be overwhelmed with paranoia and thinking a loved one is going to be hurt. A few years ago I stopped my mom from leaving the house because i genuinely thought she was going to be killed.

I'm still not that great but at least I know my CPN is trying to move things forward. She said she's going to refer me to a sexual abuse survivors group, Early Intervention Team and PD team. Decided I won't act on my suicidal ideation until I see my psychiatrist on Monday but that's so far away still.
Original post by 35mm_
I took 50mg of diazepam last night to take the edge off and I still got no sleep :frown: I know what it's like to be overwhelmed with paranoia and thinking a loved one is going to be hurt. A few years ago I stopped my mom from leaving the house because i genuinely thought she was going to be killed.

I'm still not that great but at least I know my CPN is trying to move things forward. She said she's going to refer me to a sexual abuse survivors group, Early Intervention Team and PD team. Decided I won't act on my suicidal ideation until I see my psychiatrist on Monday but that's so far away still.

50mg? Christ...normally I take 5mg and that's enough to make me feel good. I can't imagine 50mg. Then again, you do get used to it quick.

I haven't stopped my girlfriend leaving the house just yet (I do want to) I'm just calling her and texting her instead, which is pissing her off something awful. The thing that worries me really is last time I got this idea I got hospitalized so I'm really really really trying not to do that again. :/

:five: good plan not killing yourself until you see the shrink, atm that's the only thing that's keeping me going too (12 days fuuuuuuuuu.... :rant: ) . And it's definitely good your CPN is doing stuff. I saw the early intervention team for 3 years so if you got any questions fire away.
50mg? Christ...normally I take 5mg and that's enough to make me feel good. I can't imagine 50mg. Then again, you do get used to it quick.

I haven't stopped my girlfriend leaving the house just yet (I do want to) I'm just calling her and texting her instead, which is pissing her off something awful. The thing that worries me really is last time I got this idea I got hospitalized so I'm really really really trying not to do that again. :/

:five: good plan not killing yourself until you see the shrink, atm that's the only thing that's keeping me going too (12 days fuuuuuuuuu.... :rant: ) . And it's definitely good your CPN is doing stuff. I saw the early intervention team for 3 years so if you got any questions fire away.

I guess it could be considered an overdose, but i've been on diazepam on and off for years now so it doesn't really hit me anymore.

I'll take you up on that offer. What exactly do the EIT do?

Latest