Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Depression Society MKVI

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Get to it! :unimpressed:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It was, not anymore though. It's long and shallow so nothing serious.

IT IS! Eeeeek! :rofl3: That has made my day.
    I was going to post about how I was crying after seeing pictures of my friends having a good time on Facebook but after seeing that I am no longer crying and things don't seem as bad. Small things
    I've been working. :angel:
    I now have an integral I don't know how to integrate, think I'm going to call it a night.

Mine too. :awesome:
    Glad it cheered you up a little. :jumphug:
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I feel slightly better now from my lonely mood earlier. Attempted to run away from home too but was unsuccessful .

The thing that really helped was talking to that friend I upset 10 days ago (the one that I believed deserved it). She wasn't mad at me .
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I now have an integral I don't know how to integrate, think I'm going to call it a night.

Whats the integral? (I'm being a maths nerd atm)

Good!
    Damn, I hate it when that happens :mmm: Jokes, I don't even know what that means. I still can't do long division. Hope you sort it out though :hugs:

Good stuff!

(Original post by bullettheory)
    Whats the integral? (I'm being a maths nerd atm)
    Sorry I don't have latex, hope it's readable:

(x+c)/(h+((x^2)/2a))^3 dx

All the other letters are constants. Could do it if the c wasn't there, but with it there I have no clue!
    Good luck to you sir!

Good!
    Damn, I hate it when that happens :mmm: Jokes, I don't even know what that means. I still can't do long division. Hope you sort it out though :hugs:

Good stuff!
    Well if you were to do A-level maths you would have the joy of integration to look forward to.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have managed to concentrate on studying for the first time in several days.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm really tired today, there is a lot of work left to do and I feel stupid about some things at school. I've planned too many things for the same time and won't be able to do them all and I hate letting people down grrr!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I don't have latex, hope it's readable:

(x+c)/(h+((x^2)/2a))^3 dx

All the other letters are constants. Could do it if the c wasn't there, but with it there I have no clue!
    Good luck to you sir!
    Is it this?:

\int \left\frac{(x+c)}{(h+\frac{x^2}{  2a})^3}\right dx

I will have a go - no promises! Is it A level or uni?

(Original post by bullettheory)
    Is it this?:

\int \left\frac{(x+c)}{(h+\frac{x^2}{  2a})^3}\right dx

I will have a go - no promises! Is it A level or uni?
    Sorry for late reply.
    Yep that's it, it' uni.
    Thanks for trying!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    Haven't posted here in a while since I'm still so so confused if I warrant a post here or not ladidadidaaa

So I had half term week last week, and stayed home all day. I feel like I can't face going out - the energy it requires (to which I have none) but more so because EVERYONE will look at me as I waddle down the street. I even skipped out on a close friends 18th outing, backed out of a shopping trip and a gig. One of my friends I think has an inkling since she asked if I would go into town with her just to pick up a couple of things, and told me 'it would just be me and you so no backing out!' - I said yes and then obvs backed out -.-

Even now I just spent the past hour trying my whole wardrobe on creating a charity pile and a keep pile, to which most is now going to charity. I feel so fat and look like a man, nothing fits properly since its all too big and if it is the correct size it makes me look very masculine since I'm broad shouldered. Eesh. Even my 'fitted' hoodies make me look fat, which drives me insane.
    Skipped a day of sixth form today to stay at home in bed/then the sofa too -.- Been told to give a presentation in gen stud tomorrow, which was meant to be prepared over half term to which I haven't done any and decided ill chill in the toilet for that hour to avoid the whole thing..

Oh, and my brother is officially moving out this week which is making mum all 'emotional' since he has always been the favourite and she just seems very moody with me which isn't helping matters at all, rather just making me feel worse
    Add to that the being awake until 2am-3am and sleeping in to 1pm on a non school day, but getting up at 7am - oooooowch

Spoiler:
    Show
    Good news on the other hand is that I haven't cut in a few weeks now, though each time I step out the shower the warm water brings up the marks though that patch feels as smooth as anything

Anyway I think I needed a long rant more than anything

Hope everyone else is feeling ok these past few weeks <3 *hugs*
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    x
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You silly one, for what it's worth I'm glad it didn't work out, the world can't lose someone like you :hugs: I had really hope your mood will improve but sorry it hasn't :sad: Has any of the medication smartie stuff helped at all? Good that you're safe, make sure you stay that way please. :hugs:
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You silly one, for what it's worth I'm glad it didn't work out, the world can't lose someone like you :hugs: I had really hope your mood will improve but sorry it hasn't :sad: Has any of the medication smartie stuff helped at all? Good that you're safe, make sure you stay that way please. :hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    'Silly' is one way of putting it I suppose... I've only been on the new meds a week and I forgot to ask how long they take to work (they're mood stabilisers as opposed to antidepressants), but so far all they do is leave a funny taste in my mouth. :sadnod:

Hope you're doing ok :jumphug: (have been skimming through the thread the past few days, but kind of failing to take things in). Well done on getting through your interview alright. :five:

Time for attempt at sleep no.#3...
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    'Silly' is one way of putting it I suppose... I've only been on the new meds a week and I forgot to ask how long they take to work (they're mood stabilisers as opposed to antidepressants), but so far all they do is leave a funny taste in my mouth. :sadnod:Hope you're doing ok :jumphug: (have been skimming through the thread the past few days, but kind of failing to take things in). Well done on getting through your interview alright. :five:
    Time for attempt at sleep no.#3...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Aww :console: I can't talk given I attempted not too long ago Oh right okay, hope they work soon but not sure.

I'm better thank you, getting there ish. Have the down moment and sleep pattern is disgustingly messed up. And thank you, think it will be a rejection though.

I should try sleeping too...but I probably won't :erm: Sleep sweetly hun, and look after yourself. :hugs:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sultana)
    Crisis team are picking me up to take me to my first CBT session in a bit. Not sure how I feel about this; completely terrified for the appointment and dreading having to spend half an hour in a car with crisis people, but hopefully this is the start of me getting better so fingers crossed it goes well.
    Hi - I know you posted this a while ago but I just wondered how you found CBT?
    I'm thinking of asking my counsellor if we can start some work on it.
    My opinion at the moment is that I need to stop talking and thinking about things, constantly dredging up the past and dwelling on the negatives, and put some practical strategies into place so that I can control the negative thoughts. Does that sound like something I could achieve with CBT?
    Thanks.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Went to see my GP today and she dressed my arm and gave me a weeks worth of diazepam to help calm me down.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, the offshot of counselling is they want me to go back for a weekly session.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I wasn't quite sure whether to post here... Anyway, my story's very long, for the beginning, I'll just say that I'm dissatisfied with the therapy I'm undergoing at university I'm going to see my disability mentor today, but I'm so confused and I've actually resigned over everything.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemon curry?!)
    Hi - I know you posted this a while ago but I just wondered how you found CBT?
    I'm thinking of asking my counsellor if we can start some work on it.
    My opinion at the moment is that I need to stop talking and thinking about things, constantly dredging up the past and dwelling on the negatives, and put some practical strategies into place so that I can control the negative thoughts. Does that sound like something I could achieve with CBT?
    Thanks.
    Hiya, yesterday was my first time meeting the therapist, so we didn't actually do anything; it was just a getting to know you session and we decided we're going to focus more on EMDR to start with. But what you said sounds exactly like what CBT is designed to do so I would definitely discuss it with your counsellor
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have my first meeting with a psychiatric nurse in a few hours... Ergh, I don't want to go. I don't think I need to!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Contemplating giving up food for Lent, lol. Would probably do me a lot of good, to be honest.

Rainbow knee socks are the way forward today :yep: How is everyone?
Updated: May 3, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.