The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angelbones
Got back to my flat after my lecture today and basically burst into tears. Dunno why.

Just want someone to put their arms around me and give me a big cuddle. I don't know why but the warmth and weight of another person is extremely comforting.

:hugs:
Original post by 35mm_

Think I'm gonna stick all my blankets on my bed and then lie there for a bit. I have about 5 so it makes it fairly heavy and hopefully that'll calm me down a bit :yep:
Got back to my flat after my lecture today and basically burst into tears. Dunno why.

Just want someone to put their arms around me and give me a big cuddle. I don't know why but the warmth and weight of another person is extremely comforting.

:jumphug:
Right. Just had a call off my CPN and she said she's had a discussion with my consultant psychiatrist and they're thinking of increasing my olanzapine to 30mg to try and combat these increasingly distressing hallucinations. But I thought I was on the maximum dosage of olanzapine at 20mg?

Think I'm gonna stick all my blankets on my bed and then lie there for a bit. I have about 5 so it makes it fairly heavy and hopefully that'll calm me down a bit :yep:

Hope you feel a bit better soon :smile:
Easy all, got a referral to a CPN or something from my GP today so I may soon be joining the ranks
Day 20 with 2 hours or less sleep a night (or none at all in the case of last night).

Actually holding up surprisingly well, I can still kind of type (although keep making mistakes), I managed to go for a run today despite having a terrible terrible cold, I'm not hungry but that's ok, I have written precisely zero words for my essay but still I thought I'd be more of a mess. Amazing what the human mind can do, eh?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not sure, I think my appointment at CAMHS is already an urgent referral. If they're that busy then there's nothing that can be done.
I always feel worse when we're off school anyway, hopefully I'll feel a bit better when I'm back on Monday.

I think it's still worth going to find out and even if they can't push it forward there might be something else they can do to help. Hope you feel better soon. :jumphug:
I think it's still worth going to find out and even if they can't push it forward there might be something else they can do to help. Hope you feel better soon. :jumphug:

I'll see what the nurture lady says on Monday. Thanks :hugs:

How are you?
I'll see what the nurture lady says on Monday. Thanks :hugs:

How are you?

Ok, but you better take care. :shifty: :tongue: :hugs:

Ok thanks, didn't get up to see the lecturer in the morning. :tongue:
He doesn't have an office hour tomorrow, but will go and check in breaks if his door is open. Really need to tell my housemates I'm finishing, but should probably make it look like I just found out after getting in, keep chickening out when I get back though. May go shopping to restock a bit, currently have pasta, a tin of soup, a tin of baked beans, a tin of mushy peas and an egg. :P
I'm living off pot noodles at the moment.
Ok, but you better take care. :shifty: :tongue: :hugs:

Ok thanks, didn't get up to see the lecturer in the morning. :tongue:
He doesn't have an office hour tomorrow, but will go and check in breaks if his door is open. Really need to tell my housemates I'm finishing, but should probably make it look like I just found out after getting in, keep chickening out when I get back though. May go shopping to restock a bit, currently have pasta, a tin of soup, a tin of baked beans, a tin of mushy peas and an egg. :P

I will!

Spoiler

I doubt many people in your position would of :tongue:
Well good luck with it, I'm sure they'll understand. It's not like it's your fault.
Hmmm, there are definitely some interesting meals you could make there :laugh:
By nature I am a very happy person but I've been depressed for a long time and the only way to go back in time and become happier is by going back in time

I know that if I continued to be happy I'd be appreciative of everything I have but I'm not and I'm stuck in a rut. I'd be happy with everything; I could imagine how happy I'd be on Freshers week, how I wouldn't be mopey like I have been for a long time, how I would be fun and not take life seriously, how my life wouldn't revolve me being anxious about work. All I talk about to Mum/sister on the phone is basically telling them I'm still alive - even if I went out last night and had "fun" it's still **** and not exciting

If i was happy things like work and other stuff wouldn't really bother me. I would have a life and talk to mum about normal things not about how I'm in a dark rut and worried about work (which, btw isn't even that much,it's easy)

I just can't be happy even if I try and make myself be - my mentality is stuck. Going back in time is the only way of going about it. I complain about life.There is a cloud over my head and it can't go
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by 35mm_
I'm living off pot noodles at the moment.

That's not good, I'm sending you my one egg, enjoy! :egg:

I will!

Spoiler

I doubt many people in your position would of :tongue:
Well good luck with it, I'm sure they'll understand. It's not like it's your fault.
Hmmm, there are definitely some interesting meals you could make there :laugh:

Spoiler

Thanks.....hopefully! Ok I will get it done tomorrow!
There are, but I'm not feeling too adventerous :tongue:
Haven't been called back, I suppose it could have just been a random woman with the wrong number, but the call was at the same time that the mental health man sent the email. Surely there going to call back? :unsure:

Spoiler

Thanks.....hopefully! Ok I will get it done tomorrow!
There are, but I'm not feeling too adventerous :tongue:
Haven't been called back, I suppose it could have just been a random woman with the wrong number, but the call was at the same time that the mental health man sent the email. Surely there going to call back? :unsure:

If it was them, of course they will. They aren't just going to never contact you again and deny all knowledge of you ever being involved with them.

I have 35 questions on surds to be done by Monday, maths makes me want to pull my face off. It requires actual thinking too :eek:
what do you do if you feel really really really ****ing wired and pissed off and upset and you don't know what to do but you know if you don't do something you're like going to start going round people's houses and starting fights with them? how do you even explain that???????
Reply 3296
Original post by 35mm_
Do you have any current help?

Sort of. I'm not on medication, but do have appointments with my psychiatrist every few weeks (still a while to go I think till the next one). I am going to get help soon in school too.

My mood gets very bad when i'm around lots of people talking and laughing. It happened today because of the relaxed and informal atmosphere of that particular Psychology lesson (due to the teacher). In the next lesson there was more work to do (same subject but different teacher), and I felt much better. I even managed to go and do my ICT coursework later when I was free, and did quite a bit :smile:. Now I have homework to do.

:jumphug: :hugs:
Went to the doctor, got medication by positively bouncing into her room. Picked up prescription and then walked across campus. Then lectures for a little while followed by yoga. I cried during child pose but whatever. Then travelled to the other campus for 5 lengths of the pool, 40 minutes of aqua zumba and then 10 lengths to finish. And now I'm getting ready to go out for a meal with my housemates.

I feel a little like I might collapse from exhaustion right now.
Reply 3298
Original post by avhhs
:jumphug: I never really had friends in the past either. I did have a close friend until recently that I often talked to, but one day she just told me to never talk to her again. I don't know how I upset her. We never went out together anywhere. She does have a boyfriend though :frown:.

I am allowed out now. I wasn't in the past, because they worried far too much about me. As a result, despite being 17 years and almost 4 months old, I've never been out anywhere with a friend, never had a friend come to my house, never been to a friends house, never been to a party, never had a girlfriend and never kissed a girl. I also have a lot of problems with confidence. I was bullied a lot in the past, partly because of this.
(Btw that "getting drunk" comment wasn't true :colondollar:. Was pissed off when I wrote it :tongue:)

I really must work hard. I want to get into university, because I really want to get away from my parents.

Well not having a girlfriend isn't the worst thing in the world. But because you haven't got any friends (and the one you did have doesn't want to talk to you) I am guessing that there is no one you can speak to or confide in and that is horrible :frown:.

I hope you get into uni and maybe that will be a new start for you :hugs:.
If it was them, of course they will. They aren't just going to never contact you again and deny all knowledge of you ever being involved with them.

I have 35 questions on surds to be done by Monday, maths makes me want to pull my face off. It requires actual thinking too :eek:

Yeah, you're right, they're just busy I guess.

Aww good luck! If you want any help let me know. :tongue: :hugs:

Latest