Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Depression Society MKVI

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xbethany)
    I have my first meeting with a psychiatric nurse in a few hours... Ergh, I don't want to go. I don't think I need to!
    why don't you think you need it?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sultana)
    why don't you think you need it?
    Because I don't even cut that often. I don't even see it as an issue.
    God this whole "getting help" thing has just got out of hand, I wish I'd never have bothered now.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xbethany)
    Because I don't even cut that often. I don't even see it as an issue.
    God this whole "getting help" thing has just got out of hand, I wish I'd never have bothered now.
    I know that it can seem very overwhelming having to talk to so many people and be honest with them, and it can seem like the stress of it is only making things worse. Sometimes I feel like just running away from everyone and disappearing. But they are only trying to help and it will be worth it. Its important we keep trying no matter how hard it seems right now.

I don't know anything about what your going through right now, but any form of SH is always an issue. You deserve to feel better so please keep trying :hugs:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday I decided just to give into it. Didn't bother trying to do work, stayed in bed most of the day and in the end I felt better because I hadn't failed to do anything I set out to do because there was nothing.

Today I really need to do work on my dissertation but my head feels like its underwater and I'm so tired despite sleeping for 12 hours. I'm sure its the citalopram that makes me feel so drowsy all the time but that doesn't really help make me feel motivated to do work knowing that.

Not really posting anything productive here, just needed a whinge as I can't do it in real life.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seeing GP in a bit. 50:50 on whether or not I'll be hospitalised.

Not even sure what I'd prefer at the moment, I just want to feel well again.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nut.)

In that case just be honest and let them decide what to do. :hugs:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nut.)

Good luck, keep us updated!

-------------------------------

Been referred back to the EIS for a second assessment. Telling the psychologist 'no but they are spying on me' probably wasn't the best thing
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a crying girl in my bedroom and I don't know what to do
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    I have a crying girl in my bedroom and I don't know what to do
    Cuddles? Listenning? Sorry, that's not that helpful.

Have been crying in the bath after not sleeping again. I could do with cuddles right now.

My housemates are fine with me getting a hamster Just have to convince the landlord now... It sounds stupid, but that's the thought that's keeping me going at the moment! Thanks for putting it back in my mind the other day, reading how your animals were helping you out was great x
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Good luck, keep us updated!
    Thanks
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    In that case just be honest and let them decide what to do. :hugs:
    I was as honest with them as I could be. Crisis team are coming out to see me later on today to see what they can do.

Hate waiting. I've packed my stuff in just in case.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeaJay)
    Cuddles? Listenning? Sorry, that's not that helpful.

Have been crying in the bath after not sleeping again. I could do with cuddles right now.

My housemates are fine with me getting a hamster Just have to convince the landlord now... It sounds stupid, but that's the thought that's keeping me going at the moment! Thanks for putting it back in my mind the other day, reading how your animals were helping you out was great x
    She was struggling with sleep so I don't think that helped. She left smiling though so I feel a little better. Feelings just make me awkward

That's awesome! Hope they bring you loads of entertainment. My two gerbils are currently sleeping one on top of the other. They're just like a small breathing ball at the moment. Last night they were fighting a little - one wanted a tunnel in one place and the other one kept filling it back in so they were sleeping on different floors! And my grouchbum hamster just appeared to glare at me because I woke him up while moving his cage. Gave him a yoghurt drop and he slumped back to bed. They're definitely worth having to clean them out. Quick tip: get yourself a hamster potty! It'll save you a world of faffing and you just clean that out every day or so and you can get away with not cleaning the full cage as frequently.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I :heart: citalopram. For the first time in a long time, I finally have some perspective. And a really dry mouth. But mostly perspective.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Absolute bitch that sometimes the only thing that keeps you going through a day is "Oh I'll get smashed" or "Oh I'll get high" at the end of the day. But if it works it works, gotta thank the stuff :! :P
    This so many, many times. Well I don't do drugs so the former. It's something to look forward to, sad as it sounds.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok I need some advice please

Spoiler for SH
    seriously big spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've just cut my leg. God I'm in a state right now. I think its pretty deep, certainly deeper than I've ever cut before, its not superficial its an open wound. I can see the fat or what I think is fat, and its split open. I am shaking so bad right now. What do I do???? I don't know what to do I'm scared and so disgusting. Sorry hopefully I'm overeacting and it will heal itself right?

Think the asperger assessment people called me today. Got a call from a private number, but the woman didn't hear me and just said hello a few times then hung up. Didn't think my voice was that quiet. :sigh:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Spoiler for SH
    seriously big spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've just cut my leg. God I'm in a state right now. I think its pretty deep, certainly deeper than I've ever cut before, its not superficial its an open wound. I can see the fat or what I think is fat, and its split open. I am shaking so bad right now. What do I do???? I don't know what to do I'm scared and so disgusting. Sorry hopefully I'm overeacting and it will heal itself right?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ok love, breathe. Get a clean towel and put pressure on the wound and try to hold it closed. Try to elevate your leg to minimise the bleeding. Then call an ambulance/nhs direct (0845 4647) if you're not sure and they will prob call an ambulance for you. Definitely get it seen to, you don't want it to get infected for instance :hugs:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:

Spoiler for SH
    seriously big spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I agree with SeaJay. Take some deep breaths and calm yourself down, and try to clean your leg as best as possible, then get yourself to A&E because this sounds like it needs stitches. You don't have to answer any of their awkward questions if you don't want to - their primary job is to stitch you up and minimise the risk of infection and scarring and the like. :hugs:
    Good luck, you can do it!

(Original post by Anonymous)

Well if you were to do A-level maths you would have the joy of integration to look forward to.
    Staying as far away from A-level maths as possible!
    Just read your post on the asperger assessment. Maybe they'll ring back, since you picked up. How are you today? :hugs:

Lunch with my mum went well. It was so loud though, quite overwhelming.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Wore the thickest tights I could find and didn't think you could see the cuts. Turns out when I cross my legs, you can see the darker ones. My sister saw and asked about them but I denied all knowledge of them. I got all flustered and panicked. Just need to keep thinking that if I saw cuts on someone's legs, I wouldn't assume they did them to themselves. My sister doesn't really know much so I'm hoping she dismissed them. Also glad she didn't say it in front of my mum, she would have panicked a lot I think.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeaJay)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ok love, breathe. Get a clean towel and put pressure on the wound and try to hold it closed. Try to elevate your leg to minimise the bleeding. Then call an ambulance/nhs direct (0845 4647) if you're not sure and they will prob call an ambulance for you. Definitely get it seen to, you don't want it to get infected for instance :hugs:

(Original post by Nut.)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I agree with SeaJay. Take some deep breaths and calm yourself down, and try to clean your leg as best as possible, then get yourself to A&E because this sounds like it needs stitches. You don't have to answer any of their awkward questions if you don't want to - their primary job is to stitch you up and minimise the risk of infection and scarring and the like. :hugs:
    Good luck, you can do it!
    Thank you both for replying and for the advice :hugs:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm feeling a little calmer now, think maybe I overeacted. The actual deep bit is isn't wide, its only the skin layer thats split open. Sorry for tmi, I can't really describe it, it makes me sick to look at it. Its not openly bleeding anymore; it fills up with blood but doesn't pour. I definitly dont need an ambulance, I can't go to A&E, I just can't. Even if I could face them, I have no way of getting there, I don't have the money for a taxi, I don't actually even know where it is. I think I will just clean and cover it up with a bandage for now.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you both for replying and for the advice :hugs:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm feeling a little calmer now, think maybe I overeacted. The actual deep bit is isn't wide, its only the skin layer thats split open. Sorry for tmi, I can't really describe it, it makes me sick to look at it. Its not openly bleeding anymore; it fills up with blood but doesn't pour. I definitly dont need an ambulance, I can't go to A&E, I just can't. Even if I could face them, I have no way of getting there, I don't have the money for a taxi, I don't actually even know where it is. I think I will just clean and cover it up with a bandage for now.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    How deep, long and wide would you estimate it to be?

I had a cut on my arm that was about 3-4mm deep, a couple of inches long and 4-5mm wide which healed up on it's own. It bled for about half an hour, then just filled up with blood, like you describe.
    I was told I should/ could have got it glued so that the scarring would be less, but it didn't necessarily need it. It's now a reasonable sized pink/purple scar a month to 6 weeks later.

Depending on where it is on your leg it might be stretched because the flesh in those areas is a little tight (that's what happened with my arm).
Updated: May 3, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.